• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lendale White expected to be let go

Reaction score
According to ESPNs John Clayton Lendale White and team management have met and discussed his release from the Seahawks. The team has yet to confirm or release details. More to come as the story breaks.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
The Seahawks have just announced an official Press Release stating that Lendale White has been released. According to NFL source Jason La Canfora he did not fit in well with the Seahawks. No word on if that was about attitude or ability to play, but it's official White has been released.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
GM John Schneider said:
"It just did not appear to be the right fit at this point in our program. We wish LenDale all the best with his future."

It appears through other NFL Sources he appeared he was not ready to be a Seahawk. No more word yet, but it is official Lendale White is a free agent.

Reaction score
great... back to the very scary tandem of Julius Jones and Justin Forsett.

They must've realized whitehurst sucks and are playing for Locker in the draft...

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;48568 said:

They must've realized whitehurst sucks and are playing for Locker in the draft...
I would try for Locker. Im guessing LenDale has an attitude problem and he and Carroll didnt get along anymore. When you have to tell someone he wasnt a fit after making a trade in the draft to get him, sound like to me that he had issues with Carroll and Carroll had to put him out. Carroll was probably the last person tha LenDale talked to because they used to be coach and player. But I think at the end of the day LenDale just doesnt really want to play football in the state of Washington or maybe anywhere

What did we trade to get him???

Reaction score
mlemour;48571 said:
I would try for Locker. Im guessing LenDale has an attitude problem and he and Carroll didnt get along anymore. When you have to tell someone he wasnt a fit after making a trade in the draft to get him, sound like to me that he had issues with Carroll and Carroll had to put him out. Carroll was probably the last person tha LenDale talked to because they used to be coach and player. But I think at the end of the day LenDale just doesnt really want to play football in the state of Washington or maybe anywhere

What did we trade to get him???
Seahawks traded their 106th overall pick and 176th overall pick to the Tennessee Titans for their 111th overall pick, 185th overall pick, RB LenDale White and DT Kevin Vickerson.

AKA, barely anything.

Edit: Thought I'd include who the Seahawks selected with the draft picks from the Titans...111th Overall: Walter Thurmond. 185th Overall: Anthony McCoy.

Reaction score
#ONE;48568 said:

We have Leon Washington.

#ONE;48568 said:

Ummm.... you're serious. You actually think they would play poorly to get a QB in the draft, a QB who has signed a 6 year baseball contract with the Angels and may not even play in the NFL? Dude... you've got a few screws loose, bro!

Reaction score
Pottsie;48577 said:
We have Leon Washington.
There are some rumors going around that he will start the season on the PUP list. If he does that leaves Julius Jones, Justin Forsett, Louis Rankin and Quinton Ganther.

Reaction score
Pottsie;48577 said:
We have Leon Washington.

Ummm.... you're serious. You actually think they would play poorly to get a QB in the draft, a QB who has signed a 6 year baseball contract with the Angels and may not even play in the NFL? Dude... you've got a few screws loose, bro!

Okay little guy... let me break it down for you.

Leon Washington and Forsett are built almost identical. Similiar style runners, shifty, hard to tackle, elusive etc... only major difference is speed. Leon is faster than Forsett.

This team lacks a power back, White seemed to fill that void. I am sure there is a great reason for why they let him go, but that doesn't change the fact that we are now again void in that area.

Now, if you really thought I was being serious about the playing for a high draft pick comment, and couldn't sense the sarcasm, you've got more than a few screws loose.

Quit nit picking at stupid shit, I was venting and being obnoxious.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I mean cause we know all Ducks fans are sarcastic, obnoixious, ppl who need to vent. :tongue:

This really was a suprising blow but if Lendahl was being a dick and had issues then best to be rid of him early.

Patience, lets see what the FO comes up with, we might just need a 3 dwn pounder like Duckett.

Forsett might get his shot now.
Does anyone remember that pre-season game where J. Forsett ran like 150 yards, was the most inspirational running back performance short of a couple of seahawk greats albiet it was Pre-Season. I think he's earned a chance at least.

Reaction score
It was the preseason game against the bears back in 2008. We were at that game, everyone one was like "who the hell is that little guy?".

Then a couple weeks later Ruskell cut him so he could keep his two kickers.

Reaction score
??? are you serious? Jake will never play baseball. He will go in the first round of the NFL draft end of story. That baseball contract is nothing.

Pottsie;48577 said:
We have Leon Washington.

Reaction score
Thanks Wag... I didn't even bother to address that since I figured everyone knows that those baseball contracts the high profile football players sign are a joke. Half the damn 1st rounders coming out each year sign a contract or get drafted by an MLB team.

Matty™

Huddler
Reaction score
shame such a good start to his career ended so badly and so quickly, started out a great runner, then a great third down back, now struggles to gain a single yard in any situation.

Plus his off field shennanigans make him worthless, good to see the 'Hawks getting rid of dead weight.

Top Bottom