• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kaepernick's deal

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Huge amount of money. I'm wondering what this means for us and having to pay Wilson next year? Is he going to settle for less than Culter and Kap? I don't think so. What say you?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Wilson has done everything asked of him it's time for him to get paid , not much you can do about the going rate for QBs ...their expensive

Reaction score
http://prntscr.com/3pxub2

Ouch, can't say I'm surprised though. Factoring in age, accomplishments, future potential, and stats. he has definitely earned it.

"Word around the NFL" not including Pete or John. Love when these analysts speculate and pull numbers out of their ass. Wilson and the Seahawks can't even negotiate for an entire league year, yet people "around the NFL" already know what Wilson is going to get.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
"Word around the NFL" not including Pete or John. Love when these analysts speculate and pull numbers out of their ass. Wilson and the Seahawks can't even negotiate for an entire league year, yet people "around the NFL" already know what Wilson is going to get.

Very true, however still wouldn't surprise me.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
There will be ample opportunity for Wilson to work on a deal since the Rams will put him on the IR.:sneaky:

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
You should be honestly pissed that Bradford got 50m guaranteed :laugh: No room to talk at all.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
You should be honestly pissed that Bradford got 50m guaranteed :laugh: No room to talk at all.

I was very unhappy about the money he received but that was the last draft before the owners and NFLPA adjusted downward the draft salary structure. Since he was drafted first overall there wasn't much that could be done. Wilson will get more than Bradford and deservedly so. As I said before the resigning costs (particularly select players) will necessitate the dismantling of the super bowl team. It happens to every winner.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I was very unhappy about the money he received but that was the last draft before the owners and NFLPA adjusted downward the draft salary structure. Since he was drafted first overall there wasn't much that could be done. Wilson will get more than Bradford and deservedly so. As I said before the resigning costs (particularly select players) will necessitate the dismantling of the super bowl team. It happens to every winner.

For the most part you are correct, however if we continue to draft well and coach players up to their full potential, the Seahawks have a chance to be similar to the Patriots in the sense they have been able to stay relevant for an extended period of time.

Already, you're hearing and seeing reports about players like Tharold Simon and Korey Toomer doing really well in OTAs, just have to remember that we're basically two drafts deep in young talent since many of them didn't get used last year.

Reaction score
For the most part you are correct, however if we continue to draft well and coach players up to their full potential, the Seahawks have a chance to be similar to the Patriots in the sense they have been able to stay relevant for an extended period of time.

Already, you're hearing and seeing reports about players like Tharold Simon and Korey Toomer doing really well in OTAs, just have to remember that we're basically two drafts deep in young talent since many of them didn't get used last year.
Hawks on pace to surpass the "Pats dynasty".

Top Bottom