• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Justin Forsett

Seahawk420

Huddler
Reaction score
Is there anyone who doesn't think Forsett deserves the starting job?

OP
S

Seahawk420

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm saying he should, and I feel like most of the people I talk to agree with me.

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything our of him that showed me he should be a starter in the NFL... We'll incorporate him into our offense a little I'm sure, but no chance he'll be the starter

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
In front of Edge and JJ? no chance. Hes not a every down back. He's gonna be great though as a 3rd down back.

S

Seattlehawk94

"Most people I talk to agree with me"

Must be a knowledgable little group of fans you've formed. :roll:

He's a SCATBACK a guy who's used for screens and drawplays...He's not big enough or strong enough to be an everydown back. He's a great Steve Broussard type player..But like Steve..He'll never be a fulltime starter on an NFL team. Edge will and should start by Week 3...JJ will be a solid backup and JF will be a great back to spell them on 3rd and longs.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
JF is going to be a great little weapon they'll use for screens, delayed draws and if he can get some hands, he'll get that wheel route again. That shoulda been 6. But like everyone else said on here, he's just too small to be a featured back, he could never take the pounding that James can, neither can Julius for that matter. In my opinion, there's only one starting RB and it's EJ. I'm just not sure how much gas is left in his tank. The guy is definitely a warrior.

Reaction score
BlueTsunami45 said:
JF is going to be a great little weapon they'll use for screens, delayed draws and if he can get some hands, he'll get that wheel route again. That shoulda been 6. But like everyone else said on here, he's just too small to be a featured back, he could never take the pounding that James can, neither can Julius for that matter. In my opinion, there's only one starting RB and it's EJ. I'm just not sure how much gas is left in his tank. The guy is definitely a warrior.
Forsett does have hands, he displayed that in the 2nd preseason game when he had 7 receptions for 57 yards and in the 3rd preseason game he had 4 catches for 23 yards.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
"Most people I talk to agree with me"

Must be a knowledgable little group of fans you've formed. :roll:

He's a SCATBACK a guy who's used for screens and drawplays...He's not big enough or strong enough to be an everydown back. He's a great Steve Broussard type player..But like Steve..He'll never be a fulltime starter on an NFL team. Edge will and should start by Week 3...JJ will be a solid backup and JF will be a great back to spell them on 3rd and longs.

DUDE Steve hehe...Wasn't he a bit bigger than Forsett? That dude could roll, he had them big ol shoulder pads. He could block as well.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
BlueTsunami45 said:
Forsett does have hands, he displayed that in the 2nd preseason game when he had 7 receptions for 57 yards and in the 3rd preseason game he had 4 catches for 23 yards.

Yeah he does have pretty good hands for a back. I think BT is refering to the deep route forsett ran and the ball was put on the $ and it dropped right through his hands.

I think it was a case of "thinking about what he was going to do after the catch".

He is not an every down back, in the sense he probably can't run it up the gut on 3rd and short, 4th and short and goalline. Other than that I think he can produce in any other of situation.

Plus, there are very few every down backs left in the league. Almost every successful team has a 2 if not 3 back system.

Forsett

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett is a poor mans Brian Westbrook. He should do really good as a #3.

Reaction score
I think after Devin Moore gets a little more expirience I'd rather have him... He's a lot more explosive than forsett.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I think after Devin Moore gets a little more expirience I'd rather have him... He's a lot more explosive than forsett.
It will be tough to keep Devin Moore around. He has a lot of potential and could help out a lot of teams out there who need a decent #3 guy. Right now the Seahawks have 3 guys who will be on the team no matter what, but they could carry around 4 guys like they did last year, but I think it will be hard to do that with the crowd D-Line and the need to carry extra guys on the O-Line.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm with Bob, Moore was an explosive spark plug last night, kinda reminded me of Darren Sproles...

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
only way you keep 4 RB is for K and Punt returns

Which after seeing Moore I have no idea why we didn't throw in back there... Dude looks like he can make things happen.

Top Bottom