• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Josh Wilson traded to the Ravens

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
Ravens get the CB they've been seeking: Baltimore traded a conditional fifth-round pick to Seattle for former Seahawks CB Josh Wilson.

per Adam Schefter twitter

:angry: So dissapointed. i like him better then Jennings.

Reaction score
PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

:frustrated::ranting::emoticon-0179-headb:mad2::pissed:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If this is true, dumbest move this year by far.

PLease say it isnt so or at least give us a higher round then fifth!

Josh is a proven ball hawker, game changing nickel back.

S

Seattlehawk94

He pissed off Carroll by saying something earlier today about "owing Tate"...Another of "Holmgren's Heroes" falls..

FUCKING BULLSHIT......He is way better than Kelly Kapowski Jennings anf is a great KR....Fucking royal bullshit.

Josh is going to make a Probowl, just watch....

WILLLLLLLLLLLLSOOOOOOOOOON! We'll miss ya man..

Attachments

• wilson.jpg
    wilson.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 142
OP
garydrake425

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
So who will kick return for us now. Earl Thomas i hope

S

Seattlehawk94

Thomas? No....Tate, you don't let your starting S play ST..

OP
garydrake425

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont see tate as a every fast guy. If not ET then Cord Parks maybe

S

Seattlehawk94

Speed is only one part of Kick Coverage. Hands, breaking tackles, and field vision are way more important..

Reaction score
Carroll says that they did it because of the emergence of Thurmond and the return to form of veteran Marcus Trufant. Also, because of Kelly Jenning's "play".

Reaction score
bull crap.....
we could have gotten a fifth for jennings because the ravens were desperate for a corner.
im so angry.

wilson is the reason we won the titans game and the reason thomas had that pick against the vikings such a bad move.

i do like thurmond and roy lewis.

S

Seattlehawk94

Saw this on another site....Asked me even more pissed about this bullshit trade..

Here's the skinny: Josh Wilson is a 25-year old corner and former second-round pick that has amassed in three seasons, and mostly on very poor pass defenses, more value than an average fifth-round pick amasses in their entire career. He is a ball hawk and an impresario of the pick six. In two seasons starting, he has six interceptions and three returned for touchdowns. Wilson has averaged 43.5 yards per interception.
... He is an excellent nickelback, a sound and sometimes punishing open field tackler (Wilson forced three fumbles in 2008) that has shown improving cover skills. His tools, minus his height, are off the charts. He ran a legitimate 4.39 forty at the 2007 NFL Combine. That showing bests all defensive backs in the 2010 class. Every single one of them. 58 of the very best talents in college football, including Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays, and not one ran a faster forty than Wilson. He also flashed a 36.5 inch vertical, popped 20 reps on the bench and scored a 29 on the Wonderlic. Seattle just turned what every team hopes a second-round pick can become into a fifth-round pick.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49896 said:
Saw this on another site....Asked me even more pissed about this bullshit trade..

Here's the skinny: Josh Wilson is a 25-year old corner and former second-round pick that has amassed in three seasons, and mostly on very poor pass defenses, more value than an average fifth-round pick amasses in their entire career. He is a ball hawk and an impresario of the pick six. In two seasons starting, he has six interceptions and three returned for touchdowns. Wilson has averaged 43.5 yards per interception.
... He is an excellent nickelback, a sound and sometimes punishing open field tackler (Wilson forced three fumbles in 2008) that has shown improving cover skills. His tools, minus his height, are off the charts. He ran a legitimate 4.39 forty at the 2007 NFL Combine. That showing bests all defensive backs in the 2010 class. Every single one of them. 58 of the very best talents in college football, including Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays, and not one ran a faster forty than Wilson. He also flashed a 36.5 inch vertical, popped 20 reps on the bench and scored a 29 on the Wonderlic. Seattle just turned what every team hopes a second-round pick can become into a fifth-round pick.
There has to be something behind the scenes that made this trade happen because Carroll's excuse is bullshit. You don't get rid of talent because guys a few years younger are "emerging".

OP
garydrake425

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
Im starting to feel better about it. we are rebuilding, next year they both probably wouldnt be here anyway. time to move on. Josh was cool with it so i guess i am to. Go Thurmond

Top Bottom