• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jets fan picking for Seattle in a mock

TheMo

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey guys I am responsible for picking the Seahawks picks in a 7 round mock. I was wondering how you guys would rank your needs. Also what exactly is your defensive scheme? Been trying to find it, but am coming up empty on google. Thanks in advance and hope my mock will make you guys happy.

Reaction score
You can't really go wrong, we need help just about everywhere. OL, DL, RB, WR, secondary... If I had to pick our top 2 needs I would say

1. Offensive line
2. Secondary

than the other needs I listed tied for a close 3rd.

We run a 4-3, there's talk of going to a 3-4 but that's all still talk for now.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
My thinking on Seahawks biggest needs:

Offensive Lineman: We need to draft a franchise Left Tackle in the first round badly, in fact some more lineman in the later rounds couldn't hurt either.

Defensive End/Defensive Tackle: We need to get to the Quarterback, if we don't we are not going to be very good. We can't wait around forever in this draft for a pass rusher.

Wide Receiver: There is no one of worth behind Houshmandzadeh right now.

Secondary: The secondary is horrible right now, hopefully a better pass rush will help but drafting some defenders in the later rounds is a must.

Reaction score
OT is the number 1 priority. The rest in order of importance: Safety, Defensive End, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Defensive Tackle, Halfback, and Quarterback.

OP
T

TheMo

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am gonna assume 4-3 for now I guess? Can't really go any other way I suppose. Also if Okung is taken at 6, how do you guys feel about Derrick Morgan? Or would you prefer Campbell instead?

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
TheMo;46746 said:
Thanks guys! I am gonna assume 4-3 for now I guess? Can't really go any other way I suppose. Also if Okung is taken at 6, how do you guys feel about Derrick Morgan? Or would you prefer Campbell instead?

Derrick Morgan would be a strong pick. Campbell is overrated. I like Trent Williams, Anthony Davis and Brian Bulaga much better at OT. I would say best available player at #6 and an OT at 14.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
TheMo;46746 said:
Ya I dont like taking either Campbell or Morgan at 6. One of them will likely be there at 14. If Okung isnt there at 6 then you can assume that Eric Berry or Gerald Mccoy will, so that would be the pick at 6. If thats the case then the best LT available should be the 14th pick. Whether that be Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, or Bruce Campbell. If Okung, Mccoy, and Berry are all taken by 6...then the pick should be Bulaga. That would make the 14th pick most likely the best available player thats not a LB, TE, or QB.

OP
T

TheMo

Huddler
Reaction score
6th overall... Berry

Okung, McCoy both gone.

OP
T

TheMo

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright boys 14th pick, Trent Williams is off the board soo Campbell or Morgan? I am leaning towards Morgan...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Morgan for sure, Campbell isn't that good, he's only in consideration because of his impressive combine but that doesn't make him a first round pick! I would rather wait untill the 4th round to take an OT than take Campbell in the first.

OP
T

TheMo

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;46790 said:
Morgan for sure, Campbell isn't that good, he's only in consideration because of his impressive combine but that doesn't make him a first round pick! I would rather wait untill the 4th round to take an OT than take Campbell in the first.

Oof I guess we disagreed there I took him with the 14th for you guys. I feel like LT is a huge hole and needed someone with his kind of talent. Wish your brass got someone last year or it wasn't such a dire need that I had to draft whoever was left... :-/

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
TheMo;46801 said:
Oof I guess we disagreed there I took him with the 14th for you guys. I feel like LT is a huge hole and needed someone with his kind of talent. Wish your brass got someone last year or it wasn't such a dire need that I had to draft whoever was left... :-/
Was Anthony Davis on the board? I feel like he is more likely to go to us at 14 than Campbell. He has questions about his work ethic and attitude as well as had a bad showing at the combine...but the fact of the matter is the guy can play, just watch film. He has the potential to be the best LT in this class and also would be a good fit in the zone blocking scheme. So regardless of the questions for him, if he is there for pick 14 and we havent filled the need at LT and Okung, Bulaga, and Williams are all gone, I like them taking Davis. Campbell is a freak of an athlete, but he really isnt that good if you have wathced him play. He is like a 4 year project, something the Hawks dont have tiime for. Not to mention he is injury prone.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46802 said:
Was Anthony Davis on the board? I feel like he is more likely to go to us at 14 than Campbell. He has questions about his work ethic and attitude as well as had a bad showing at the combine...but the fact of the matter is the guy can play, just watch film. He has the potential to be the best LT in this class and also would be a good fit in the zone blocking scheme. So regardless of the questions for him, if he is there for pick 14 and we havent filled the need at LT and Okung, Bulaga, and Williams are all gone, I like them taking Davis. Campbell is a freak of an athlete, but he really isnt that good if you have wathced him play. He is like a 4 year project, something the Hawks dont have tiime for. Not to mention he is injury prone.

Exactly, couldn't agree more!

Top Bottom