• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

its a good day

S

Seattlehawk94

In places like Montana where my old man was from they used to say spring started with the "THE CRACK OF THE ICE" in the river...

Well....On a day like today when I was a kid in Cali he'd always say?

"CAN YOU HEAR IT? Well, CAN YOU?---CRACK OF THE BAT, SPRINGS HERE!"...He'd say it every year the day pitchers and catchers reported, in fact he said it about a week before he passed away....Always looked forward to those words because it meant long days, high skies, sunshine, hot weather, cold beers, and enjoying the perfection that summer is....So.....

CAN YA HEAR IT? WELL, CAN YOU? CRACK OF THE BAT!!!!

....Miss ya pops....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Niehaus said that same exact phrase in a commercial which they play every year to get you excited for the season.

I'm dreading this year the realization that Dave is finally gone is going to suck.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Another year we what? A

A: Lose our division
B: Have over 100 losses
C: Hire another manager
D: All of the above.

I say D :)

Reaction score
12thManFan;55219 said:
Another year we what? A

A: Lose our division
B: Have over 100 losses
C: Hire another manager
D: All of the above.

I say D :)
The Mariners are going to lose their division no matter what and they'll probably have over 100 losses, but they won't fire Eric Wedge.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;55221 said:
I don't think we'll lose 100 again.
If everyone plays up to their expectations then they should come out with a decent record. I'd love for them to come out of no where and compete for the AL West, but that most likely won't happen.

S

Seattlehawk94

I think they end up in the 70-75 win range....The won't fire Wedge, unless he does something stupid off the field (DWI, Wife Beater, that kinda shit)...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
We usually wait til year two to shit can the coach anyways.lol. Melvin, McLaren(well I'm counting him as two but his combined games was that of one season), and Wak.

@Buster_ESPN Also Buster I'm a Mariners fan but a realist. Is there any way at all the Mariners don't lose 90+ this year? Be honest plz.

@Buster_ESPN Buster Olney @Kshell89 If they go 72-90, it would be a good year for them--and Felix would presumably be the reason why, with 18-20 wins

So Buster doesn't think this will be a very strong year at all.

S

Seattlehawk94

Never trust ANYONE named "Buster" if they are over 10 years old....Kinda like being called "Billy" or "Jimmy" or "Skippy"....LOL....

Top Bottom