• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is there still a question on Eric Berry at #6?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45451 said:
Granted, I'd take Okung first, but there isn't much of a chance he'll fall that far. However, most mocks do have Berry there at #6. He'd be a sick addition that can play on the corner or at safety.

If berry falls to us at 6 I would be highly disappointed if the hawks didnt take him! He is an instant impact player and the playmaker this defense needs! He would be the face of this defense for many years as Ed Reed is in Baltimore and Troy Polamalu is in Pitt. I know we are in desperate need of a LT but with the 6th pick unless Okung falls there isnt a LT worth taking in my opinion. Bruce Campbell was very impressive, but too much of a risk to take at 6. If Berry is available there he is a guy we must take and then look to see what LT is available at 14. Charles Brown should be available there and a lot of mock drafts have Buloga falling to 14. We will be able to get a very good LT with the 14 pick if we took Berry at 6.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd be ecstatic about getting Berry at 6 and Brown at 14. then just maybe J Best would fall to 40. Still not sold on Bulaga. He screams guard to me. Even if we get Brown, I'm not sure he'll be starting this year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45453 said:
I'd be ecstatic about getting Berry at 6 and Brown at 14. then just maybe J Best would fall to 40. Still not sold on Bulaga. He screams guard to me. Even if we get Brown, I'm not sure he'll be starting this year.

SS, OL , RB if it happened would be ideal for the first 3 picks, though I think you might find a good RB in the 3rd round.

Berry would be difference maker and worth our #6.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;45458 said:
SS, OL , RB if it happened would be ideal for the first 3 picks, though I think you might find a good RB in the 3rd round.

Berry would be difference maker and worth our #6.

As of right now the Hawks dont have a 3rd round pick unless they trade for one before or at the draft. I would be happy with getting either of those LT at 14. Hopefully Jahvid Best didnt move into the 1st round with his impressive combine and i am hoping that teams are worried about his health. Personally im willing to take that risk in the 2nd round on a guy like Best.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45453 said:

That would be as bout as good as it could get with our 1st 3 picks . I wouldnt be surprised if we did happen to get Brown with the 14th pick to see him start right away. He already knows Pete Carroll and Jeremy Bates system.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45464 said:
As of right now the Hawks dont have a 3rd round pick unless they trade for one before or at the draft. I would be happy with getting either of those LT at 14. Hopefully Jahvid Best didnt move into the 1st round with his impressive combine and i am hoping that teams are worried about his health. Personally im willing to take that risk in the 2nd round on a guy like Best.
Brady wants Branch back and Branch wants to go play for the Patriots. I wondering if the Seahawks could get a 3rd round pick since the Patriots want to make Brady happy.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45468 said:
Brady wants Branch back and Branch wants to go play for the Patriots. I wondering if the Seahawks could get a 3rd round pick since the Patriots want to make Brady happy.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see that deal happen...but i dont see us getting a 3rd round pick for branch. Most "experts" are saying that the Cardinals will receive a 2nd round pick at the highest for Anquan Bolden. Bolden is a far better receiver than Branch is. If we packaged someone else with Branch I could see us getting a 3rd round pick....but Branch for a 3rd round pick straight up I dont see happening, but who knows! Like I said if that deal happened I would definitely love that this is a deep draft class and we can get a very good player in the 3rd round!

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45473 said:
Dont get me wrong i would love to see that deal happen...but i dont see us getting a 3rd round pick for branch. Most "experts" are saying that the Cardinals will receive a 2nd round pick at the highest for Anquan Bolden. Bolden is a far better receiver than Branch is. If we packaged someone else with Branch I could see us getting a 3rd round pick....but Branch for a 3rd round pick straight up I dont see happening, but who knows! Like I said if that deal happened I would definitely love that this is a deep draft class and we can get a very good player in the 3rd round!
If the Seahawks throw in a draft pick it could help get a 3rd. Probably something like a 6th or 7th.

I do have a bad feeling that Branch will go back to the Patriots and be successful. He has success with Brady and that offensive scheme then he came to Seattle with a new scheme, new Quarterback and his numbers dropped significantly.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45481 said:
If the Seahawks throw in a draft pick it could help get a 3rd. Probably something like a 6th or 7th.

I do have a bad feeling that Branch will go back to the Patriots and be successful. He has success with Brady and that offensive scheme then he came to Seattle with a new scheme, new Quarterback and his numbers dropped significantly.

ya throwing in a draft pick would probably get the job done. if he does happen to go back to new england and is successful good for him. he hasnt been successful here and was a waste of a 1st round draft pick. i could care less how he does somewhere else to be honest as long as they get something for him.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks must be thinking they can get Okung at 6 or Charles Brown at 14... they didn't tender Frye which really surprises me. Maybe he isn't healing well.

A third round pick is a little high for Branch, but considering where the Pats draft this year, that trade would make sense. As for Bolden - the only way that will happen is if the Pats give AZ their third round pick for him and then trade Bolden to us for Branch. AZ isn't going to trade Bolden in-division.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45524 said:
The Seahawks must be thinking they can get Okung at 6 or Charles Brown at 14... they didn't tender Frye which really surprises me. Maybe he isn't healing well.

A third round pick is a little high for Branch, but considering where the Pats draft this year, that trade would make sense. As for Bolden - the only way that will happen is if the Pats give AZ their third round pick for him and then trade Bolden to us for Branch. AZ isn't going to trade Bolden in-division.

No i wasnt saying that we should go for Bolden. I was comparing what the cardinals tendered Bolden at to Branch. He was tendered at a 3rd round pick...I was just simply saying if Bolden is tendered at a 3rd round pick then there is no way we will get a 3rd round pick for Branch because Bolden is 3 times the receiver Branch is. If someone wanted to trade their 3rd round pick for a receiver they would do that for Bolden...not Branch.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I was mixing threads. Someone was talking about Seattle trying to get Bolden. I can't say I'd mind, but he can't seem to make it through a season healthy. I kinda like my scheme to get him, though.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45527 said:
I was mixing threads. Someone was talking about Seattle trying to get Bolden. I can't say I'd mind, but he can't seem to make it through a season healthy. I kinda like my scheme to get him, though.

Oh dont get me wrong I would love to have Bolden. I like that idea too...but it is really hard for me to see New England trading Bolden to the Hawks if they did aquire him...unless we included something else as well.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That is Brady's call I think... what is circulating in NE is that he likes Branch and wants him back. Not sure why he'd want Branch over Bolden, but maybe. Or maye we throw in Ben and Branch. I'd be happy just getting a little something for Branch and having him move to a different system.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45530 said:
That is Brady's call I think... what is circulating in NE is that he likes Branch and wants him back. Not sure why he'd want Branch over Bolden, but maybe. Or maye we throw in Ben and Branch. I'd be happy just getting a little something for Branch and having him move to a different system.

Ya anything we can get for Branch I am definitely happy with

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45531 said:
Ya anything we can get for Branch I am definitely happy with
Now that Burleson has signed with the Lions I'm thinking the Seahawks need to keep Branch.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45591 said:
Now that Burleson has signed with the Lions I'm thinking the Seahawks need to keep Branch.

I heard they are very interested in Brandon Marshall. Problem with that is they would have to give up a first round pick. The Cardinals I am hearing will take whatever they can get for Bolden...if we could put some kind of package together for him i think we could land him. Only problem is they are within division but we will see how everything plays out. They will do something to get another WR.

OP
D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If the Seahawks get Marshall it won't be as a tender offer - it will be agreeing to terms with Brandon and making a trade. I've heard that Branch and our pick at 40 is what is being discussed.

Reaction score
The 1st round pick would be if Marshall gets an offer that the Broncos don't want to match.

If the Seahawks give up a 2nd round pick and Branch for Marshall I'd be happy. He has a lot of talent and will definitely give the offense a boost at WR.

Top Bottom