• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Info on Thomas and Okung

Reaction score
Okung was the best Tackle in this draft... if not, please tell me who was.

And as Eric pointed out, the size difference is very slight. Don't get me wrong Eric Berry is a monster Safety, and I think he will be great in the NFL, but I think Thomas can be equally as great. Watching "film" Youtube highlights, they play very similar and it seems as though Thomas is slightly quicker to the ball...

Either way, I am a damn happy camper.

Seahawksfan21

Huddler
Reaction score
I do think we need another complimentary back to forsett, but we should only take on in the second round if they will make a big impact. As for thomas I think he is the best because he has the best mental awarness they said strength is something that can be gained over time.

Reaction score
Dude L. Blount will probably be there in the 4th, and if we don't trade one of our 4th rounders we can easily snag him up and have a perfect power back to compliment Justin.

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5127822"]NFL draft: Jimmy Clausen and Denver Broncos were losers on Day 1 of draft - ESPN[/ame]

Winners!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Another awesome 1st round draft for the seahawks!!

I mean to get Okung was like !YEAH! oh YEAH!
Then for E. Thomas to fall to us at 14, ARGUABLELY, the best safety in the draft (Mayock had him #1 overall). Awesome guys!

Really it was a no-brainer to me on both picks, kinda like Aarron Curry at #4, but they didnt whiff it, like denver did!

Nice work PC/JS, now lets get a DE(2nd) RB(4th)!

:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0158-time:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47719 said:
or do we draft mays in 2nd round to play SS with Thomas the better defender at FS?

Hmmm.. I doubt he falls that far, but would be interesting.
A rookie ball hawk, and heavy hitter... leathal.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47719 said:
or do we draft mays in 2nd round to play SS with Thomas the better defender at FS?

We have too many more needs to start thinking that way. We need a WR, RB, DE, etc.

Reaction score
why not
he hasn't picked a SC guy yet.

RB isn't really a need this year. DE yes. WR? maybe but this is a very weak WR draft.

IMO we need OL(any), DT, DE, CB, S.
Our D is horrible and our Oline is horrible. Fix that first then QB, RB, WR, CB, LB next year.

Reaction score
I love the "idea" of Mays and Thomas... but as much as I love it, we can't forget that our D line was incapable of generating ANY pressure last year. We really need to address that need.

I think trading one of our 4th and 5th rounders for another 2nd or 3rd would be ideal.

We need to go DE next, Everson Griffin or even Sergio Kindal... he can play DE or OLB.

Reaction score
I like Kindal
But I think the top 2 DE left are pac 10 guys in Teo Nesheim and Griffen. Teo is the fastest DE overall. Griffen is the fastest in the 40 but Teo was the fastest in the cone drill and shuttle. Griffen was the strongest with Teo just 2 reps back.
Teo had the 2nd best vert and 4th I think in broad jump. I also think both could put on 10 pounds easy and still keep their speed. Both are 6-3+ and weigh about the same.

Reaction score
yeah that trade for Whitehead really screwed us in the draft.. idk why we offered to move down. A 3rd next year is plenty for that guy.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Well if we didn't make that trade then we have to take a QB in the first 3 picks; either Clausen, Mccoy or Tebow(lol) so we wouldn't of been able to get Earl Thomas or whomever is there in the 2nd with our original pick. Do you really want Clausen and Griffen over Earl Thomas, Charlie Whitehurst and whomever we take at 60?

Reaction score
Why would we have to take a QB when none of the above are that good? The top 5 QB are said to be 1st rounders next year.

I don't think we would have drafted a QB in the 1st 2 rounds. Yes I still think we would have taken ET and Okung. 2 best players at their positions.

Reaction score
sigpro;47741 said:
Do you really want Clausen and Griffen over Earl Thomas, Charlie Whitehurst and whomever we take at 60?

Don't want either of those QB's.
My family in SD is still laughing at us for over paying.....

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47743 said:
ET and Okung. 2 best players at their positions.

who was better then Okung?

Trent Williams got lucky that he was picked ahead of okung...

Okung was definitely the best OT in the draft.

Top Bottom