• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ichiro off to bad start...AGAIN!

S

Seattlehawk94

Opening Game of the WBC...Ichiro went 0-5 and left 5 on base.

In brighter news.....Bedard didn't allow a run again and K'ed 3 in 3 innings of work today keeping his ERA at 0.00..

Reaction score
Ichiro will be fine. Come on it is the WBC. He will be our avg. leader yet again, and hit balls that no one thinks he should have any business hitting. :lol:

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, but the WBC is supposed to be like the Regular Season...It's not the Cactus League, you see the same pitcher for 5 innings at least and have to face the best of the best.

I don't like the fact he got his ass handed to him by guys named Li, Chen, Sun, Liu...Not ONE of those fucks in even on a 40 Man Roster...In fact the only one even in a teams system is Liu and he's touted around China for throwing AN 84 FUCKING MPH FASTBALL...LOLOLOL

Bring da heat! :lol:

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

He seems to have alot of those early in seasons....

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Yeah, but the WBC is supposed to be like the Regular Season...It's not the Cactus League, you see the same pitcher for 5 innings at least and have to face the best of the best.

I don't like the fact he got his ass handed to him by guys named Li, Chen, Sun, Liu...Not ONE of those fucks in even on a 40 Man Roster...In fact the only one even in a teams system is Liu and he's touted around China for throwing AN 84 FUCKING MPH FASTBALL...LOLOLOL

Bring da heat! :lol:

Hey, Moyer throws an 80 mile an hour heater and he still rocks :p hahahahah :lol:

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

.300....Overrated due to the fact his OBP is barely higher than his BA.
200+hits.....Most of them are picked up between the 1st and 4th Innings, he never can seem to hit when the game matters late.
30+Steals....Should be WAY more than what he get's, he's selfish...He won't run unless he KNOWS he will steal the base, never takes chances because they'd ruin his SB%.
Gold Glove....The most OVERRATED award in sports....When you win your 1st you are going to win it every year afterwards until retirement.

As you know I'm the biggest Ichiro cynic out there, hell...I wrote an article for the Huddle calling for us to trade him 3 years ago. Still sticking by it...He's selfish and most of his teammates hate him (said that 3 years ago and people here didn't believe me, I've seen it first hand since I gained access in the clubhouse in 2004) and most people in baseball find him to be the most overrated player in this era.

Reaction score
And again Ichiro has only been to the playoffs one time so there's not enough information available to say Ichiro doesn't fall in that same boat with A-Rod.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

LOL@ Gay-Roid...

Probably going to miss the season....

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
.300....Overrated due to the fact his OBP is barely higher than his BA.
200+hits.....Most of them are picked up between the 1st and 4th Innings, he never can seem to hit when the game matters late.
30+Steals....Should be WAY more than what he get's, he's selfish...He won't run unless he KNOWS he will steal the base, never takes chances because they'd ruin his SB%.
Gold Glove....The most OVERRATED award in sports....When you win your 1st you are going to win it every year afterwards until retirement.

As you know I'm the biggest Ichiro cynic out there, hell...I wrote an article for the Huddle calling for us to trade him 3 years ago. Still sticking by it...He's selfish and most of his teammates hate him (said that 3 years ago and people here didn't believe me, I've seen it first hand since I gained access in the clubhouse in 2004) and most people in baseball find him to be the most overrated player in this era.

I'm not the biggest Ichiro fan, but saying all of these stats mean nothing is letting your bias get the best of you. He produces better all around stats (besides power hitting) than anyone in the league. Last year he was the only Mariner who could consistently hit, the only outfielder who could play defense, and the only one who could steal a base. Who really gives a shit if those sorry excuses for baseball players that play for the M's don't like him. I'll listen to what they think when they start producing half the stats that Ichiro does.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Only bias I have is dude has an OBP BARELY higher than his BA...For a slap hitter that's crap.

If you hit .300 but your OBP is .350 you are weak...Means you can't draw walks and basically are all about BA..

BA====Stat Whoring.
OBP===Winning

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Only bias I have is dude has an OBP BARELY higher than his BA...For a slap hitter that's crap.

If you hit .300 but your OBP is .350 you are weak...Means you can't draw walks and basically are all about BA..

BA====Stat Whoring.
OBP===Winning

Good point. Taken, but just remember, Ichiro's style of play is getting the ball out there, and he is not a type of guy that takes walks, one of my favorite player is Betancourt, and he had 17 walks ALL season. Not to mention Jose Lopez at one point actually had his BA ABOVE his OBP!!! hahah. This is what Ichiro does, he puts balls in play, even if its out of the strike zone. I am sure as a baseball fan you know when to read between the stat sheet. (what Ken said at his press conference) if Ichiro needs to just advance the runner, he will do that by going out of the strike zone and getting the ball in play. Do not judge so quickly just by looking at stats. Ich still drove in 50 walks. Not great, but not horrible. He will walk when he needs to, but he is MOST valuable to us driving in those runs, or advancing those runners in. If you don't like Ichiro, its all good, not saying he is a legend. Just something to consider when you are strictly talking about that line right there. Not to mention one of the best defensive right fielders in the game, arm wise and fielding wise, (how many runners held on third when ichiro received the ball?) All in all, its going to be a great season :)

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Ichiro went 3 - 5 today.

who cares how he did last year, we didnt do anything as a team, so that didnt really help out either.

A new day, A new way.. is the new slogan, it works pretty well, so we shall see. Plus its only spring training. Ill take a guy that gets 200 hits every year, and he's in the lead off spot, that works for me.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Who cares how he did last year?

Uh....He's the highest paid slap hitter in the game, and was in the first year of a new deal...I care alot about that because the worse he ages the lower his value get's.

Again, 200 hits only means something if you either:

A: Draw walks to go with those

or

B: DRIVE IN RUNS, he does neither. His OBP is shit for how highly he is rated.

What works for me is a guy like Rickey who hit leadoff, stole bases, hit for average, hit for power, and drew a ton of walks.

Ichiro is probably the most overrated player in the history of the game. His "hits record" was a record set before by Sisler in less games in which Sisler also hit .407..Ichiro is a creation of the Seattle fanbase and the Japanese media. Much like all the other "greats" from Japan (See: Nomomania, Fuck-a-Dome, Matsucky--both of them, and many others).

If he was a normal everyday white/black/hispanic kid he'd be a footnote in the box score once or twice a week...

GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS LINK:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/suzukic01.shtml

Look who he's compared to...Do you see any "greatness" on that list?

Basically it says we paid $17 Million last year for Kenny Lofton... :lol:

Top Bottom