• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Huskies pac-10 title

Reaction score
What, no love for the dogs from the huddle on this milestone? Great season, and a bright spot in a dark sports scene.

Reaction score
Eh, not big on college basketball and I've always been more of a coug fan. I will root for UW though, I'll typically watch a little bit of March madness.

Reaction score
Hell yes! I have been following them all season, and called that they are finally gonna top 'zona and UCLA. Great season. Can't wait for march madness!

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
This is a big milestone for the Huskies, hasn't it been since the 50's when they won their last championship?

S

Seattlehawk94

When are you all going to sign up for the Bracket picks?

Get up in there......

Fuskies if they win the Pac-10 Title (regular season is big but winning the Pac-10 Tourney is what matters this time of year) WILL get a #1 seed...

As it is they are no matter what locked into a #2 no matter what the "experts" (who have them at a #3 or #4) say...They are going to start the Tourney in the Rose Garden so it should be an easy ride to the Sweet 16..

I'm the biggest Fuskie hater out there but.....I always root for their B-Ball team in March, same with Gonzaga...Love seeing our state's boys rolling through the Tourney....Hoping the Cougs can shock the world though and win the Pac-10, it's a long shot but they have been playing well lately..

OP
V
Reaction score
The Cougs (whom I dislike only slightly less than the ducks) are heating up at the right time and are playing good, if boring, basketball right now. If they win the pac-10 tourney maybe they could go to the NCAA tournament too. All 3 big basketball programs from WA would be awesome. This state turns out top quality basketball players year after year.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
The Cougs (whom I dislike only slightly less than the ducks) are heating up at the right time and are playing good, if boring, basketball right now. If they win the pac-10 tourney maybe they could go to the NCAA tournament too. All 3 big basketball programs from WA would be awesome. This state turns out top quality basketball players year after year.

Agreed.. pretty much verbatim.. Damn Ducks..

S

Seattlehawk94

If they win the Pac-10 Tourney their is no "could" involved...If that happened it would be the Fuskies who would get an At-Large berth because the Big Dance's cards are punched by the Conference Tourney CHAMPS not the Regular Season winners.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
If they win the Pac-10 Tourney their is no "could" involved...If that happened it would be the Fuskies who would get an At-Large berth because the Big Dance's cards are punched by the Conference Tourney CHAMPS not the Regular Season winners.

Don't forget, the AP polls are also a factor, regardless of what happens to the Huskies at the tourney, they will still be a ranked team, or at least will have enough points to get into the tourney.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I hate the Pac-10 tourney. It is ridiculous. The Pac-10 Champion should get the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. The Pac-10 tourney is just another revenue generator and serves no other purpose.

OP
V
Reaction score
I think it is a good thing because it gives an opportunity to a team that got off to a bad start or had an unlucky break during the regular season to get into the tourney.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I think it is a good thing because it gives an opportunity to a team that got off to a bad start or had an unlucky break during the regular season to get into the tourney.

The bad start is not a convincing argument because conference play does not start until later in the season. And an unlucky break? Who cares? This isn't a charity.

To use your logic, the reverse is true, too. A team that goes undefeated in the regular season could get knocked out by some sub-500 team. Where's the equalization there?

Nope. The tourney is unnecessary and ridiculous.

S

Seattlehawk94

Did you say that when the Fuskies NEEDED to win the Pac-10 Tourney a few years ago?

The conference tourneys are what make March MAD, I love seeing an Under .500 team get hot and grab a #16 seed in the NCAAs, even though they get crushed by a #1 there is still hope and a chance they could pull off a miracle.

That's what makes it fun...

Right now I'm watching my Bobcats playing Weber in the Big Sky Semis, MSU is under .500 for the season but if they win tonight (leading by 5 in the second half) they'll play for the Big Sky title tomorrow and a Tourney bid...I love March! I love seeing the underdogs win! I LOVE THE MADNESS!

Reaction score
One name everybody... GERRY MCNAMARA! I will never forget that 06 Big East Tourney! All Starts today again for me :) Nothing like the toughest conference in NCAA... the Big East.

S

Seattlehawk94

I remember that.....Cuse went on a roll in the Big East Tourney....

Whatever happened to Mac?

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
One name everybody... GERRY MCNAMARA! I will never forget that 06 Big East Tourney! All Starts today again for me :) Nothing like the toughest conference in NCAA... the Big East.

HAH! Good luck beating PITT and UCONN.

OP
V
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
vanillathrilla said:

The bad start is not a convincing argument because conference play does not start until later in the season. And an unlucky break? Who cares? This isn't a charity.

To use your logic, the reverse is true, too. A team that goes undefeated in the regular season could get knocked out by some sub-500 team. Where's the equalization there?

Nope. The tourney is unnecessary and ridiculous.
A team that goes undefeated in the regular season would still make the tourney anyway regardless if a sub .500 team knocked them out in the conference tournament. For example UW is going regardless of what happens in the conference tournament.

OP
V
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Did you say that when the Fuskies NEEDED to win the Pac-10 Tourney a few years ago?

The conference tourneys are what make March MAD, I love seeing an Under .500 team get hot and grab a #16 seed in the NCAAs, even though they get crushed by a #1 there is still hope and a chance they could pull off a miracle.

That's what makes it fun...

Right now I'm watching my Bobcats playing Weber in the Big Sky Semis, MSU is under .500 for the season but if they win tonight (leading by 5 in the second half) they'll play for the Big Sky title tomorrow and a Tourney bid...I love March! I love seeing the underdogs win! I LOVE THE MADNESS!
The miracles are the best part of the tournament!

Top Bottom