• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

how did we win a game this year

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Bench everyone and play all the young guys and start evaluating for next year! This team sucks and needs to be blown up.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck tried to hard too early, that fumble was an amateur mistake. He got the first should have stepped out. I was ashamed to see how the Rams fought against the Texans...was at our match up against them and was humiliating. Losing this bad against Tampa was worse.

Best play of the game? How about that cheap shot we took on Freeman? Mora said he wanted dirty players, well that was pretty dirty. :lol:

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Big time. And the Rams even played the Texans tough. Awful.
That's exactly what I was thinking...the Hawks are worse than the Rams now. :shock:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Bench everyone and play all the young guys and start evaluating for next year! This team sucks and needs to be blown up.

I agree.

Reaction score
Sad to see them lose to the Bucs and only score 7 points! The coaching staff got out coached and the players got out played. Not a good combo. This team has a lot of work and will continue to be poor until they do something about that and that starts in the offices.

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
Coaching staff out coached... I don't know about this one. When Holmgren first came to town, the same thing pretty much happened. Eventually, guys figured it out and were able to play.

The problem right now, is we don't know who can play in this offense. I'm pretty sure Hasselbeck can, but maybe he's past his prime now.

I am confident Burleson, Branch and Houshmandzadeh can play too. However, that doesn't mean they know how to play together yet.

I'm sure the owner was a part of the decision to hire Mora, so I think it is important he stay on another season or two. After all, he inherited a 4-12 team. Starting to look like injuries weren't the only problem last season.

Personally, I'd fire everyone right now. :pissed: water boy would be looking for a new gog on Sundays....
:harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

Reaction score
In the NFL you can't say a coach did a good job if the team goes from 4-12 one season to 6-10 the next. Owners and fans don't put out all that money for a horrible team. If they don't get their act together, I think Qwest will look a bit emptier next season.

Right from the start of the game you could tell the fans are getting tired of how the team is playing. Knapp calls 2 run plays, then a pass and they go 3 & out and the crowd instantly starts booing. Knapp does this "2 run, 3rd down pass" crap a lot. He needs to give up his run game and win some damn games. It's not about balance, stats or whatever in the NFL. It's about WINNING.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
LAhawkFAN said:
I'm sure the owner was a part of the decision to hire Mora, so I think it is important he stay on another season or two. After all, he inherited a 4-12 team. Starting to look like injuries weren't the only problem last season.

He inherited a 4-12 team? Lets see, The hawks won the division with him as the secondary coach and he took a huge amount of credit for that year!

Holmys last year the secondary is the WORST in the League.......WORST IN THE LEAGUE.......oh yea, there is also a big split among guys in the locker room.

We never had that problem before!!!!!

The 12-0 Dolphins behind this guy would have been 4-8, the 16-0 Patriots maybe 7-9!!!

This guy sucks Big Green Donkey Dicks!!!

Let my 4 year old coach the Hawks, we would have a better chance at a win!!! :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
LAhawkFAN said:

He inherited a 4-12 team? Lets see, The hawks won the division with him as the secondary coach and he took a huge amount of credit for that year!

Holmys last year the secondary is the WORST in the League.......WORST IN THE LEAGUE.......oh yea, there is also a big split among guys in the locker room.

We never had that problem before!!!!!

The 12-0 Dolphins behind this guy would have been 4-8, the 16-0 Patriots maybe 7-9!!!

This guy sucks Big Green Donkey Dicks!!!

Let my 4 year old coach the Hawks, we would have a better chance at a win!!! :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
Last year with Holmgren, we went 4-12, with a worse offense AND defense. We do have 5 wins this year and that is improvement. Not a lot, but improvement.

We don't want to be a team that cycles through coaches every year or two. I don't think Mora has done so extremely bad that he should be canned, that just gives credence to the players who aren't busting their asses to win now.

I look at the team and see mistakes, failure to execute the plays, and just some bad luck. It isn't like we had a bad game plan against the Bucs, we out-gained them and dominated most of the game. But turnovers and short fields are killers in the nfl, and you don't win games with 5 turnovers.

Emotionally I agree with you. I'd line them all up in front of a :pissed: firing squad after today's debacle.

But logically, we can't quit on a brand new head coach after a bad first season (or bad game), otherwise, the next coach will have an even harder job. After Holmgren came on, the Seahawks got worse (from 3rd ranked offense to 23rd). The Seahawks didn't get good until 2002 (7th ranked O) and only was better Superbowl year 2005 (2nd best offense). As you can see, it takes time. New coach = New Team & New Way to Do Things.

Since the offense and defense have improved (slightly), I'd say we stick with the program. If we don't get closer to a playoff spot or winning the division next year then we can start talking about a new head coach. Otherwise, I'd just chill. These things take time... :harvey:

Stats for the junkies!!!!
2009 22nd O 24th D
2008 28th O 30th D

S

Seattlehawk94

You are trying to say the defense is better? The numbers DO lie....

We've given up less yards---ONLY because we've turned it over and given them shorter fields...YPG allowed is a weak stat to base things on...PPG allowed is the bottom line and we are giving up more PPG than last season...

As for coaching changes and waiting? Wait for what? We are getting worse! If there was improvement I could see not changing but...He lost this team and the players are quiting...That's when it's time to fold and move onto the next hand...

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Though our record was worse last season, I felt that this year our team is all together worse. Last year it was major injuries and distractions that held us back. Our coach had one foot out the door, we lost nearly every starting player we had to injuries at some point, and we saw much more action from Wallace and even a sprinkle of Frye, neither of which was impressive. We had a reason we were losing that was understandable.

This season is different, we have some injuries but no more than any other team suffers during a season. As a matter of fact some of our replacements are doing well and show we have some talented depth. Our flaws seem far worse this year as we should be much better than we are now. We all know we were not a 4 win team last year, we were a division champion plagued by many issues that we could not control. This year we can control these issues, the lack of heart, the miscues, the amateur mistakes from our veterans, all of these things involve our coaching staff far more than the problems of last season.

We should be a contender once healthy, but as we got healthy new issues crept in which has turned us into the team that Tampa can crush. This problem is the new direction, the staff, and their inability to get the best out of our players. The question is where do we start the patch work? It seems our team is simply looking to nab a GM who will agree to keep Mora & Co. I have no idea who would take the GM position under those restrictions, but I doubt it will be one who is proven. Those types want control over who coaches and we are not offering that.

To sum it up, don't let the record fool you. We were a better "TEAM" last season, this season is an embarrassment.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I gotta bail on Mora, too, after yesterday. I was all for giving him a couple of years. There is a lot I like about him. But simply put, you either have it or you do not. Some people have that inherent quality about them that makes them leaders, others do not. Apparently Mora falls into that second group.

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost 5 games in 2008 by less than a TD. This year they have only done that once and I doubt they'll have a chance against the Packers and Titans.

Reaction score
I don't care anymore. I'm glad we lost, I mean fuck a win wouldn't have done anything for us. We won't beat Green Bay or Tennessee so 5-11 should at least insure us the 5th or 6th.

Looking forward to April already. Go M 's!

Reaction score
I don't care anymore. I'm glad we lost, I mean fuck a win wouldn't have done anything for us. We won't beat Green Bay or Tennessee so 5-11 should at least insure us the 5th or 6th.

Looking forward to April already. Go M 's!

Top Bottom