• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren to retire.

Reaction score
They have a solid foundation there, too bad he won't be there when they really start hitting their stride...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You have to hand it to Holmgren, he doesn't take the easy way.

I really liked Holmgrens family style approach to coaching. He fit pretty well in the Pacific Northwest. I have to say it feels good being able to stand up to fans like Pats Nats. We have a history we can be proud of.

And when things aren't so good we can always take comfort knowing it could be worse, we could be Browns fans.

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren was hired to turn around the Browns when he arrived in Cleveland in 2010, he has just been fired…er forced to retire..
Worst win percentages in the NFL, since 2010

Team
Win Pct.
Panthers
Browns
Rams
Before jumping ship to the SeaHawks (after 45 years of Browns mania fandom), Holmgren was the last straw for me ... no clue about kick them in the teeth, hamburger, bring-me-his-jock-strap football, and his Quarterback Seneca was just as low grade. Pathetic, I don't know how you guys stood it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Easy. We stripped him of his GM role in 2002. That's when the 'Hawks took off. He is a very good coach. Not so hot on the personnel side.

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Easy. We stripped him of his GM role in 2002. That's when the 'Hawks took off. He is a very good coach. Not so hot on the personnel side.

They could not get him to "coach" in Cleveland, he appointed some real idiots to run the field, and got rid of the best that were there when he arrived, He is certainly not worth wasting todays Hawks space on...

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Holmgren drafted better than Ruskell. And I think he's laid a pretty solid foundation in Cleveland. The core of that team will be Holmgren's guys when they start to get good... Not unlike here when we stripped his GM status.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
All Holmgren's guys, other than the high draft pick they'll have next year, I suppose.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
For sure, but anyone could have drafted better than Ruskell. I think it was Holmgren's inability to draft a good core on defense and then to augment those cores that cost him his GM gig here.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I'd say Cleveland has a decent core of defensive players. And there are a lot of parallels on offense... An elitle Left Tackle, a big back from Alabama who's a first round pick, a 28 year old (29 now) first time starter at QB, Ben Watson is a guy we went after when Holmgren was here, he's kind of their Itula Mili.

Top Bottom