• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hey all

legend38

Huddler
Reaction score
My wife and I have been going to games for several years but have never experienced tailgating.We want to try this,this year.Where do we go?What do we bring?Any advice would be helpful.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
people tailgate all around the stadium. alley to the east of Safeco is full of people. If you are gonna have beers or cocktails, make sure to bring solo cups to hide it from the police.

S

Seattlehawk94

They won't mess with you if you use a cup, they just don't like to be blatently insulted like that...If you stay cool, they are...

We drink beers out of bottles where we tailgate and everytime a cop comes by we put it behind our backs...Been...20 years and we've never been busted and I was underage for a few of them...

Get there EARLY....Like 10ish...I still usually have to rush to the stadium after cooking and such even if I get there at that hour...Some of you who've partied with me can attest..

Bring whatever you want to grill or feel like cooking..I can make a freaking feast with a grill and a cooler of food...Done it...Live it....Love it...haha..

Seriously, don't expect real tailgates you'd find in most NFL cities...They are too strict and they won't allow charcoal..Oh wait...haha...I use charcoal....If you do to...It's Seattle, if it's in October park by a mud puddle and you have instant place to soak the coals after cooking..As for cops and open flames? They've never bothered me once...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What they said, plus...
All the tailgating is for the most part south of the staduims, in industrial parking lots vacated for the weekend. usually 25-40$ a car, the further away the less expensive. What we do is park extra vehicles north of staduim at like 3rd and cherry, usually 20$ then carpool to spot next to the OR store http://goo.gl/maps/eE7L
Bout a 10 min jont to staduim. Game ON!

S

Seattlehawk94

Just don't take my free spots I've had forever and we will be cool..haha

Reaction score
^ that spot was pretty legit. A lot closer to the stadium than I originally thought. and we drank beer out of bottles and no one seemed to give a shit.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I bet thats in the long alley leading to da Clink! I always wonder how early ya need to get there to get those spots.
Always see the seahawk'd out RV, so sweet, Im getting goose bumps thinking about game day!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
1 month....

It is exatly one month until the first pre-season game, that is unbelievable soon!

S

Seattlehawk94

I bet thats in the long alley leading to da Clink! I always wonder how early ya need to get there to get those spots.
Always see the seahawk'd out RV, so sweet, Im getting goose bumps thinking about game day!

Wrong....

HAHA....

I don't really like telling but I beat everyone there so....It's right by the underpass where Airport meets Holgate...Ask 18 or #ONE...I do a kick ass little tailgate...

S

Seattlehawk94

^ that spot was pretty legit. A lot closer to the stadium than I originally thought. and we drank beer out of bottles and no one seemed to give a shit.

HAHA...Yeah, my red solo cups were for the hard liquor...WE don't chug out of 5ths...We aren't animals! HAHA

Naw...I made a hot toddy by boiling water on the grill...They are legit in the winter time...Good times...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Too legit guys, too legit. Bloody mary is my standby mixed drink, but hot toddies would be very nice indeed!

Reaction score
Yeah those hot toddies fucked me up. I was toasted. Paid for it later that night. Prob not a good idea to mix them with the Pyramid winter ales.

BTW Mark, those Italian sausages were not as good coming up as they were going down.

S

Seattlehawk94

LOL....Man, we went back and got more tanked and made more hoagies before I went over to FX....

Good night that was....

Top Bottom