• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hello?

Reaction score
Anyone here? I know there's not much going on in the NFL world, but there's a lot going on in sports...

Half over the NBA finals are set. Dallas clinched the west, and the Heat are up 3-1 on Chicago out east.

Half of the Stanley Cup finals are set the closest team to us here in Seattle, Vancouver, is in. Game 7 between Tod Leiweke's Tampa Bay Lightening and the Boston Bruins is on Friday I believe... (94 will correct me if I'm wrong lol)

The Mariners are only 1 game below .500 and only 1.5 out of first with the starting pitching absolutely dominating right now.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am here! Been watching a lot of the hockey playoffs. It is real depressing to think that in about 2-3 weeks baseball is about all we have to watch until college football.

But I do have to say that I am pleasantly surprised about the Mariners doing as well as they are doing right now. I hope their pitching can keep it up.

Reaction score
Miami in 5!!!!

We also have the Sounders and Timbers.

Not a huge Ms fan but glad they're doing good.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm excited about the Canucks. Luke warm on the Sounders and Timbers. Nice to see the Ms not completely eating ass like last year. Don't care about the NBA now that OKC is out.

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Mariners have been playing as well as they have. Hopefully they keep it up so they end up over .500 once the season is over.

I never really was a huge NBA fan, even when the Sonics were around, but I did watch around 20 games a year. Now that they're gone, I barely watch 1 or 2. Although, I did get to see the Mavs knock the Thunder out of the playoffs, which was nice. :D

Reaction score
I'm happy they beat the Okies, but the Mavs Blazers series left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus I can't stand that Horse looking German Zombie Nowitzki. I'm pulling for Bron and Wade all the way.

Reaction score
Wow, who would have thought the Mariners would be over .500 this season? I wasn't that excited for this season, but now it's hard not to be with Pineda playing great and the Mariners winning games.

Reaction score
Yesterday was first Mariners game Ive watched this year. I don't know much about Baseball but they seemed like a good enough team. They have good pitching and defense just need some offense.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
That's about it #one. GREAT starting pitching, one of the most effective rotations in the league, and the bullpen his been amazing. Defense in the outfield is awesome. Especially when Saunders starts in left instead of Peguero. The infield defense is good too especially up the middle when Ryan and Wilson start. Smoak is better defensively than advertised and Figgins is above average at third, I still miss Beltre though.

Its really tough to picck against the Heat, but I don't think anyone can deny Dirk of his ring right now. I'm going to say Mavs in 7. And I don't know anything about Hockey so I'll just pick the team I want to win (the Canucks) in 4 lol.

Reaction score
BUMP.

This is an extremely boring offseason!! Out of boredom I was watching some highlights of the Safety we drafted in the 5th; Mark LeGree. Kid has some upsided. Tracks the ball really well, hits hard for a guy who's 6' 210lbs. Wonder if he's big enough to compete for the starting SS position. Chancellor definitely has the size over him, but LeGree has much better coverage and ball skills.

Also,

Dallas and Heat NBA Finals start today. I think 6:30pm ABC our time. Miami takes this home opener and runs with it!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I watch the Mavs v. Heat tonight and the Heat looked pretty good. Mavs didn't even look like they belonged in that first game. I am really hoping they get their stuff together and bring it for game 2. Otherwise it is going to be a short series.

Reaction score
Yeah dude, typical Miami. Sleep walk on offense the first 3 1/2 quarters, but play shut out defense. Then at the end, LeBron and Wade explode. They've been doing this the entire playoffs and doubt they're going to stop.

Big hearing this Friday, hopefully the lockout is lifted. They really need to get their shit together... I am going through some serious withdrawls...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am VERY doubtful they are going to lift the lockout. I am feeling they are going to deliver some bad news to the players and they are going to have to start thinking "settle".

Reaction score
Thats fine with me. I have no sympathy for the players. You're getting paid millions to played a childrens game, that any one of us would play for free...

Owners own the team, players are their employees and work for them... end of story.

I don't care what it takes, I want some damn football!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, Dallas took it from Miami. Seems like while they may not have had better individual players, they were a better TEAM and had a better coach.

Top Bottom