• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hasselbeck Vs. Whitehurst

Hasselbeck or Whitehurst

• Hasselbeck

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Whitehurst

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lets put this to bed once and for all.

All im hearing in the local media (710, 950) is that the "fans" are clamouring for Whitehurst over Hasselbeck.

I have not seen or read anywhere that fans are ready to make this change, so I think it is mostly media drivin.

So.... How many on the huddle think that the Seattle Seahawks should bench Matt for Whitehurst, or even feel that Matt is a bad game or two away from making this change.

Please provide input, as I am sick of hearing this as a leading topic for our "supportive" local news medias.

Reaction score
Matt is a three time pro bowler and whitehurst is a unreliable quarterback( judging by preseason performance)

there was a little thing on sandos blog about how Matt has thrown every interception when he only has one receiver in the line up. But he does best in three wide sets. I think his problems are because he doesn't always have options.

Reaction score
Why are we even having this discussion? Hasselbeck is obviously better than Whitehurst.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i feel hasselbeck doesnt look good at all... he has a weak arm his accuracy has just been horrid, he'll make 1 or 2 good passes a drive, a big part i feel is locklears and polumbus's shitty ass's not giving him enough consistent time, he needs to get his accuracy under control and we need Okung to live up to the hype... we cannot win with whitehurst hes too inexperienced and i feel doesnt have the arm

Reaction score
also watch the crappy routes run by the WR's
Tate is brutal.
Okung was HORRIBLE
Forsett thought he was Barry Sanders
Trufant is crap
need i go on???????

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
you cant really comment on whitehurst yet but i certainly think he is worth a try he certainly cant do any worse, matt has his moments he connected very well with housh but we all know what happend there and carlson? they are on different pages consistantly. its allways a miss communication with recievers on a botched play and i think it happends more with the seahawks than any other team its awful i call it a dumb dumb and we have ALOT of them

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;50723 said:
also watch the crappy routes run by the WR's
Tate is brutal.
Okung was HORRIBLE
Forsett thought he was Barry Sanders
Trufant is crap
need i go on???????
I'd blame Hasselbeck and the O-Line for the weak passing attack. He made a lot of "wtf was that" throws and didn't spot guys open. Williams was open on a 4th down attempt running across the middle and Forsett was open in the red zone to his left. Forsett probably wouldn't have scored the TD, but he would have only had to make one guy miss.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok so Hass is like my hero and arguably the best QB Seattles ever had (unless you count Moon) but i wanna see what my pot dealer C-Dub can do. Could it really be worse then how Matts playing right now...?

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I wish I could have seen the Rams game (well, not really, but to see what the non-scoring issues were) so I could comment with more knowledge; but Matt has looked like Jekyll and Hyde for the last couple seasons IMO. (For old-timers like me, it puts me in mind of Dave Krieg.)

I prefer to think it's spiritual. Matt's an open guy and is prone to possessions. One week it's John Elway and others it's Andre Ware. Or maybe it's Moon and MacGuire. The coach needs to call in a medium (or even a large) to chase out the bad ones and keep the good.

I only saw Whitehurst a little during the preseason (first one was the best). Again, inconsistent. I'd honestly rather have a consistent journeyman with a high completion rate and so-so arm than Dr. Touchdown and Mr. Pick.

whatwhat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time poster from Sydney Australia, been a fan of the Seahawkes for a few seasons now.

Just like to add my opinion on this matter, i think the coaching staff will give Matt 4 more games. That way we will be 2 -6 and they will have no option.

i do not get full coverage of all games and didn't see the rams game, however the Chargers game was painful to watch. I do not protest to be an expert in the game however watching your home fans booing your team when they are in front should be a signal to the team that there is something wrong.

imo Hass is overrated and its time for the club ( franchise ) to move on.

Watching this team from far abroad it is obvious to me that he is still in the team due to what happened in 05 and is benefiting from Alexander's heroics.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it is the line. I also think that Hasselbeck is overrated. He was never that good, with the exception of his breakout year during the super bowl. He has major back issues, we cannot forget that. I will take my hat off if he is suffering, he is a gamer, but if it is affecting play, then it might be time to give Chaz Whitehurst a go.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
good thoughts and opinions guys, i like the dave kreig comarison that was dead on, and i had forgotten about him too thanks for reminding me...not

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's not run down Dave Krieg. He was a great quarterback who was only allowed to play after Ground Chuck (Knox) had failed. If he had been allowed to pass on any but 3rd and long, Seattle would have had a different result.

cutshot989

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt isn't a MVP type QB. He cannot carry a team - I have never been a fan ever since he blurted "We won the toss and we are going to win!" Remember that Green Bay Game? 'nough said.

I have no idea how good (or bad) Whitehurst might be ... for now Matt is our QB and that won't change until he falls flat on his face - a few more times.

The 'Hawks need to rebuild the OL, then running backs can run and QB's can throw - and defense can relax a bit. I was very impressed with Jake Locker's performance against USC and I like Andrew Luck down at Standford .... maybe we can pick up one in next year's draft.

Pete Carroll and John Schneider need some time to build this club. I just want to see progress in that direction 8-8 this year? 10-6 in 2012 .... then Super Bowl in 2013 :)

whatwhat

Huddler
Reaction score
With hasselbeck running the show we will never be a better than 8-8 team regardless of our OL.

Alexander made him look better than what he was.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I won't argue whether Matt's done or not or if Whitehurst should be our QB, because it is pretty subjective at this point. Although, I don't think it matters because Whitehurst nor Hasselbeck is the future of the team.

But a lot of you need to get your history straight on Hasselbeck:

• He's a 3 time Pro-Bowler - his breakout year was 2003, not 2005
  • He had his best year in 2007, long after our line disintegrated and Alexander went soft and long after our 2005 run game had vanished
  • He did have to carry our team. How quickly people forget the 2005 Divisional Playoff game after Alexander went down. Hasselbeck carried the team. And he did so the entire 2007 season as well.

Reaction score
Matt is not the problem...

No one will deny he has made some poor throws lately... but considering his supporting cast you will get the same results with almost all the QB's in the league.. with the exception of the elites.

The O line has been a different unit every game. The run game has been non existing.... AND most importantly, Jeremy Bates has been "explosive in the beginning-down right HORRIBLE the rest of the game".

I am excited about the addition of Lynch. Maybe now the idiot play callers will pound the rock on 3rd and short instead of call a deep throw to deion branch... maybe :beg:

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Olyspud;50804 said:
Let's not run down Dave Krieg. He was a great quarterback who was only allowed to play after Ground Chuck (Knox) had failed. If he had been allowed to pass on any but 3rd and long, Seattle would have had a different result.

No one is "running down" Dave. At least I wasn't. I loved the guy. But he was the epitome of inconsistent, a perfect example of Jekyll and Hyde. He once held 4th place all-time for QB passing, yet also held the record for most fumbles. He could practically single-handedly win a game as easily as lose one, and that is what Matt has been, at least from what I've seen.

I just prefer to have my roller coasters in amusement parks, not stadiums. :icon_wink:

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dave Kreig, hot n cold, love and hate. He was the greatest and worst QB in Seahawks history!
I swear he had a evil twin brother, you never knew what you were gonna get on game day.
Matt is steady eddy compared to DK.

One quick point with the Matt/Charlie thing you must consider... If you take Matt out for Charlie, he is done. Theres no going back, you cant be wishy washy between these guys like you can with two younger QBs like Tenn, Az, Oakland or some other teams are.

So I say you give Matt his last shot this season until all is lost, and right now... we are tied for first.

Top Bottom