• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Going to my 1st NHL game tonight...

Reaction score
That's right, baby! Scored 2 freebies to Ottawa vs. Nashville tonight! Cannot WAIT! I hope someone on the Preds scores a hat trick so I can throw a hat on the ice!

S

Seattlehawk94

Hey Pottsie, have a great time man!

You are going to LOVE it in person, it's amazing to see all the stuff that TV doesn't show you during a hockey game...Don't know how many people I've gotten hooked on the the sport by just taking them to a game to see it in person.

Still trying to make you a Canucks fan though... ;)

P.S. My personal NHL rule states....Always root for the Canadian team against the US team, when it comes to hockey I go with my Dad's Canadian roots...I'm going to be at the Olympics next year wearing my Team Canada game sweater rooting them to victory over the Yanks....Plan to be at the Gold Medal Game when Canada wins as well...

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
Well, I have French-Canadian in my blood too, but heck, I'm going for the Preds, baby! Of course, I'll be wearing my Seahawks hoodie...but I wanna fit in up there rooting for the home team! LOL

My grandmother was from Prince Edward Island, and her mom was from Toronto, so all I heard growing up was BLUE JAYS! MAPLE LEAFS! BLUE JAYS! MAPLE LEAFS! from the dear old woman...

S

Seattlehawk94

LOL

My auntie was Married to the VP of Segrams Canada (he's the one who brought Crown Royal to the USA) and then the Supreme Court Judge from Montral so I got Habs stuff every year for Christmas...Well...That and a bottle of CR for my 21st B-Day...Had 20 bottles of the stuff...Let's just say the only year's bottle that I let make it to 21 was the one that was bottled on my birthday in 1978....Man was it smooth with age....

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Nice man! hope you had fun.
I try to go to a canucks game once a year at least. Since im in arizona thats all i get. I went the other night to watch the game against the coyotes, i was about 8 rows up to the right of the goal, it was an amazing game....well at least the third period was where we scored 3 goals. The best part, is i think the Canucks fans out numberd the coyote fans! even though were 1500 miles away from that area! haha i love it.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
It was a great time, the game was kinda lame...Preds got shut out, played like a junior college team, and there were no fights. A few good checks, and Jason Arnott was on some other planet last night, but we ejnoyed it. I'm definitely going back for more!

S

Seattlehawk94

Glad you liked it!

NHL games are on such a different level than the WHL.

Reaction score
94 is it the AHL that is like lower then NHL or is that the WHL? I've been to a lot of Syracuse Crunch games (inspiration of Slapshot). Enjoy every minute of them and I know diddly about hockey.

Reaction score
I watched that game on Comcast Center Ice and it was a fairly slow game, but I'm glad you liked it Potts.

Hockey is the only sport that can make football take a backseat with me. There's nothing better than watching the speed and physicality of hockey in person.

S

Seattlehawk94

Crunch weren't the team that the movie was based on...It was the Johnstown Jets, the guy who played Ogie Ogalthorpe is actually the dude who wrote that movie (with his sister) based on his career with the Jets.

The AHL is AAA of the NHL, the WHL is just Junior A hockey. Scott didn't know you liked hockey, you never chime in on the hockey talk we have here. What is you team?

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Scott didn't know you liked hockey, you never chime in on the hockey talk we have here. What is you team?

I'm a huge San Jose Sharks fan. I grew up going to Spokane Chiefs games, and when I was 5 the Sharks drafted Pat Falloon, and Ray Whitney (2 Spokane Chiefs) with their first 2 draft picks ever so I've been obsessed with them ever since. I follow the Canucks a little as well, and try to make a couple trips a year to see some games up there.

S

Seattlehawk94

Falloon and Whitney...Remember those two well...They also had Pavel's brother Varleri on the Chiefs. Though I don't think he played on the Memorial Cup Championship team with the other two.

Reaction score
94-
I Thought I heard it was based on Crunch that was my impersonation. Sorry didn't know it was about the Jets. Thanks for that info.

S

Seattlehawk94

She was a chunker as a teen when she was on that show but grew into a major fuckable piece of ass as she's aged....

I'd hit it...

agencya3.gif

Top Bottom