• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For Seattle Fan Rooting for the Stealers

S

Seattlehawk94

I read an interesting book called "The Billion Dollar Game" by Allen St. John which is a look behind the scenes from Superbowl XLI to Superbowl XLII and it talks about the "rivals" and found this part interesting..

"And in the airport, Eagles fans came up to them. Now normally Giants fans and Eagles fans are like Shiites and Sunnis. But DIVISION PRIDE, CONFERENCE PRIDE, and the fact that the Patriots beat the Eagles in a PREVIOUS SUPERBOWL trumped their differences, at least for this week. "KICK THEIR ASS" said the Philly fans conspiratorially. My enemy is my friend, indeed."

So you can't root against a team that CHEATED us out of a World Championship because you have some sort of hate for them being in our division? Damn, it's for fucking division pride.

Get over yourselves....The Eaggle don't have a win in the SB either but the Pats beating them CLEANLY gave them such a hate they'd root for their biggest rivals in that game.

And the Giants-Eggles hate is legendary....If you can't see rooting for the Cruds it's probably that Seattle "little brother" syndrome that I see EVERYDAY in this burg...Most "fans" think they are FANS and most "fans" don't understand the idea of DIVISION PRIDE, etc...It's because most Seahawks fans are just that...Seahawks fans...They couldn't tell you the QB for 3/4 of the other teams in the NFL.

Maybe it's the "expansion" thing..I don't know but....In real "football towns" you root for the teams you hate the most to lose...I haven't heard ANYONE on this site claiming the Cruds to be "a hated team", I've heard it alot about the Stealers though..

Like I said...Most Eggle/Cowboy/Deadskin fans were rooting actively for the Giants in that game....And most of you can't root for a DIVISION and CONFERENCE opponent to win the Superbowl?

Shit, they took a poll in St. Louis and the Lambs fans are backing the Cruds...If they can back them without a beef, WHY CAN'T WE? The Whiners Nation is behind the Cruds as well....Seahawks Nation in most polls seems to be split...

Proves once again my thoughs on Seattlefan.... :roll: :evil:

I swear....How anyone in this town can call themself a fan and come up with a reason to root for the Stealers knowing that REAL RIVALRY TEAMS back eachother is someone in need of checking their fandom...If the Cruds win I'm going to Hooters in Tacoma to fuck with Stealers fans who are having their party there....

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
I was watching the replay of Superbowl 40 yesterday... I almost threw up. I WAS SO FUCKING PISSED SEEING THE GREYHOUND BUS HOP AROUND WITH HIS ROLLS SMACKING HIM IN THE FACE!!! MOTHAFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I am not rooting for either team. As far as I am concerned, this game does not exist. I am using it as an opportunity for my friends to come over and try my first batch of my homebrewed Blonde Ale.

If you can provide something that proves the STEELERS cheated, I will gladly support the Cardinals.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It was 3 years ago. It sucks, but it is what it is. Even if I am pissed, I am not going to condemn the Steelers until I know they cheated. Right now, I blame the officiating crew more than anything.

Reaction score
I just hate the Cardinals. They are always everyone's "hot" pick to unseat the hawks in the west, now those dildos all look like they actually know what they are talking about. I also hate the Steelers, but would prefer them to win I guess. What I'd like the most is a sloppy game full of career ending injuries to both teams. I cant remember a superbowl that I've been less excited to watch.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18 said:
If you can provide something that proves the STEELERS cheated, I will gladly support the Cardinals.

Uh....
The "Pushoff" on DJack that the refs decided after conferering with the Pissburgh DB.
The holds on our DTs while Parker took off on the TD run.
The exageration on the Stevens play that took away a 1st and Goal.

etc. etc. etc.

Are you actually DEFENDING Pissburgh? Seems like it...That game was fixed, everyone knew it.

Number 18 said:
It was 3 years ago. It sucks, but it is what it is. Even if I am pissed, I am not going to condemn the Steelers until I know they cheated. Right now, I blame the officiating crew more than anything.

It sucks? Damn....That was the worst day of my life, I'll condemn them up and down because they CLAIM it was legit..Does that not bother you that EVERY NFL FAN (YOU SHOULDA SEEN THE CRUDS, LAMBS, AND WHINERS BOARDS) around the country and EVERY TEAM (INCLUDING THE CRUDS) backed us up?

vanillathrilla said:
I just hate the Cardinals. They are always everyone's "hot" pick to unseat the hawks in the west, now those dildos all look like they actually know what they are talking about. I also hate the Steelers, but would prefer them to win I guess. What I'd like the most is a sloppy game full of career ending injuries to both teams. I cant remember a superbowl that I've been less excited to watch.

Again.....How is it Egglefan can root for their most hated rival but some of you can't root for an NFC/NFC West/Western US team to beat the team that basically STOLE our Lombardi Trophy? You do realize if the Stealers win we become a bigger footnote in history we become "Ben's 1st Superbowl WIn".

If the Cruds win, what do we become? Nothing...It stays the same, the West looks better and we aren't fodder for future "Stealers 2nd Dynasty" highlights.

You know IF the Stealers win they pass Dallas and SF and we become "5 of 6" and it will take away all the ref talk.

With the Cruds winning at least we can say "Well, you didn't have the refs help this time"...

With the Stealers winning Superbowl XL becomes LEGIT and our greatest season ever becomes a choke job.

Look at EVERY other Seahawks site, they are openly PULLING for Zona....How SOME of us can DEFEND Pissburgh (saying you want them to win IS defending them) and say "show me how they cheated" is unreal to me.

Do you remember Feb. 3, 2006? Do you remember the shit those Stealers fans talked about us before and after the game? Do you remember the killing they put on us last year and the shit talked about us then? About how they OWN us and how they PROVED Superbowl XL wasn't fluke?

Some of you are rooting against Zona for stupid reasons....They are a great story, they are a division rival, they are an NFC Rival, they are from the Western US, they are in a state that alot of us vacation in, they are basically a non-starter.

Besides they are already saying if the Cruds win, they will be the WORST Superbowl Champion EVER, if the Stealers win...We are Victim #1 of "Dynasty #2".

The Cruds winning will be a great story and soon be forgotten...The Stealers winning will be something we'll hear about FOREVER and we'll always be attacted to it.

I don't want to HEAR about XL again, if the Cruds blow them out we can say "You didn't have the refs help this time" and that XL win is diminished much like the Lambs "Dynasty" was ruined by the Patriots...Tell me when you think of the Lambs do you think of them beating the Titans or do you think of that FG by Adam Viniteri? Most people think of the latter.

How any of you could claim Pissburgh in this game is perplexing, and shows that provincial Seattle view on life. It seems that here in Seattle people relish the victim card...

I'm guessing some of you actually rooted for the Yankees in 2001 when they knocked the M's out as well....

Reaction score
"With the Stealers winning Superbowl XL becomes LEGIT and our greatest season ever becomes a choke job."

No matter who you blame, our greatest season ever resulted in us not winning the Superbowl. And I don't understand your logic that if Arizona wins, somehow I'm not going to be pissed about XL. I don't care if the team is in our division or in our half of the country, them winning a Superbowl isn't gonna make me feel any better about us NOT having one.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Not saying it would...I'll still be pissed as well..

But I won't have to hear talk of "Stealers Dynasty" involving us. If you don't think that's the case I dunno what to say..

A Cardinal win takes away that talk..

Reaction score
If AZ wins they can say "at least we can beat the Steelers, or at least we can win the big one." I'm not claiming any real rational for me feeling this way, Its simply how i feel. I have hated Warner since the Rams and his whole stupid used to be a grocery clerk story and his man of a wife. If AZ wins we become the worst team in our division from a historical perspective. I don't want that distinction. I can't pull for AZ because to me they are the competition. I always hate the opposition, its in my nature.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You did not prove anything, 94. Only that the officiating crew was terrible. WHY they were terrible is mere speculation.

And the Steelers winning this Super Bowl has no bearing on our 2005 season, none whatsoever. They 2008 Steelers are as different to the 2005 Steelers as the 2008 Seahawks are to the 2005 Seahawks.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
You're right. It'll piss me off every time I think about it, but there's no sense in bitching about anymore...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Whoa....So the ball didn't go across the line....Thanks but we knew that!

Oh, and douchebag.....That's STRIKE ONE, your now warned for trolling...Posting the same thing on two different topics..

LOL

Ususally I wouldn't tell everyone but you I'll make an exception...

Top Bottom