• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fitzgerald AND Polamalu on cover of Madden '10

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4095521"]Madden Curse? Troy Polamalu of Pittsburgh Steelers and Larry Fitzgerald of Arizona Cardinals on Madden NFL cover - ESPN[/ame]

What do you guys think about this?

Reaction score
I think Fitzgerald deserves it a lot, but I personally would rather not have Polamalu. All his plays always seem to just be lucky and only that. Fitzgerald actually had to use his amazing hands and football skills to get those catches and touchdowns. I'm guessing the people who make Madden are Steelers fans and wanted a way to get a Steeler on the cover.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yay! Curse!

I remember Alexander saying the same thing. Alex-who? LOL.

And look what happened to Vince Young. And then Favre last year.

S

Seattlehawk94

Jar Jar Binks and Milli Vanilli are on the cover?

LMAO

It's going to look like a "Guitar Hero: Cantina Band" when it comes out. I will be defacing that cover...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
I think Fitzgerald deserves it a lot, but I personally would rather not have Polamalu. All his plays always seem to just be lucky and only that. Fitzgerald actually had to use his amazing hands and football skills to get those catches and touchdowns. I'm guessing the people who make Madden are Steelers fans and wanted a way to get a Steeler on the cover.

Polamalu is just lucky?! Are you serious? I'm no Steelers fan but I can recognise a player from a team I hate as being an excelent player. Watch some game film and then talk to me, he's the guy with all the hair incase you were wondering.

Reaction score
sigpro said:
Polamalu is just lucky?! Are you serious? I'm no Steelers fan but I can recognise a player from a team I hate as being an excelent player. Watch some game film and then talk to me, he's the guy with all the hair incase you were wondering.
I know who he is. I saw a few of his plays and one being the interception that I consider to be an incomplete pass because the ball touches the ground the same time his hands does (from what I remember), but apparently the refs thought otherwise. He is a good player, but I think there were other guys out there that were more deserving then he was. If he made so many good plays this year he would have been the NFL Defensive Player of the Year and obviously he wasn't. I say Harrison should have been across from Fitzgerald. :D

I don't want to take anything away from Polamalu, but in my opinion, he didn't deserve the cover when there were other defensive players out there that did just as good or even better.

Reaction score
madden10cover_01_small.jpg

is this the cover? Because that looks sick...

S

Seattlehawk94

Why call it "10"...That's just stupid....Considering Madden XX came out last year, I know it's short for 2010 but it sound's like a retard trying to count.

XX
what are they going to do in 2011 make it "Madden 11XXII"?

dRizZe

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
sigpro said:
I know who he is. I saw a few of his plays and one being the interception that I consider to be an incomplete pass because the ball touches the ground the same time his hands does (from what I remember), but apparently the refs thought otherwise. He is a good player, but I think there were other guys out there that were more deserving then he was. If he made so many good plays this year he would have been the NFL Defensive Player of the Year and obviously he wasn't. I say Harrison should have been across from Fitzgerald. :D

I don't want to take anything away from Polamalu, but in my opinion, he didn't deserve the cover when there were other defensive players out there that did just as good or even better.

Sorry phaze, but you just don't see talent then. Troy P is one of the best safeties in the game. He is a game changer and offensive coordinators and QBs have to make sure they know where 43 is at all times. To say he does not deserve to be on the cover of Madden is funny and I am laughing at you. AND please keep all that Defensive Player of the Year jargon to yourself. They don't keep stats on heart, will and desire.

And yes, if you were wondering, I am a proud Steelers fan. I used to frequent this board a lot but haven't in years. I still have some good friends on here I see though.

Andre (aka Blitzburgh)

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Glad to see you back Dre! This site needs more classy Steeler fans like yourself. :D

S

Seattlehawk94

WELL SHIT!

Looks like the whole fucking gang is staging a reunion on this Seis de Mayo... :lol:

Reaction score
I guess SIS just hung around until he saw a fellow steeler fan... let the shit storm begin. :lol: welcome back bb!

dRizZe

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back guys!

I needed to get a hold of John (Irish Hawk) and felt this was the best way to do it!!

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Big Ben only crashed because the weight of his SBXL ring on his left hand caused him to veer off accross the median and hit a car. Don't worry though...now he has another SB ring for his right hand so the distribution of greatness is even.

Top Bottom