• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Edge, What do you think?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I liked Duckett too, but since they picked up edge, they had make a choice. Cant keep 4 backs.
Kinda sad, not sure why they felt they had to make this move.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Someone in here really thinks Julia Joan is going to be starting over Edge? Really?

Edge a much better threat on screens and draws, a much better runner at getting yards on every play as opposed to getting stuffed and sometimes making things happen..He's more dependable.

You don't bring in a guy like Edge to be a second RB, you don't think he's had offers for that already? You don't cut TJ to bring in a guy who is a future HOF and sit him on the bench.

He's here to play....Joan is going to be riding the pine by Week 3....Book it...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Someone in here really thinks Julia Joan is going to be starting over Edge? Really?

Edge a much better threat on screens and draws, a much better runner at getting yards on every play as opposed to getting stuffed and sometimes making things happen..He's more dependable.

You don't bring in a guy like Edge to be a second RB, you don't think he's had offers for that already? You don't cut TJ to bring in a guy who is a future HOF and sit him on the bench.

He's here to play....Joan is going to be riding the pine by Week 3....Book it...
With a short contract worth $2 million it shows that the Seahawks don't have confidence that he will be the Edge of old, but will be an upgrade over Duckett.

I will say you were right if you are and most of the time you are. :)

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
after what we went thru with Shaun...I cant believe we would do this. Yeah Edge had a great career, but come on now hes what 31..we need fresh legs like what carolina and tennessee are doing. I hope its a good move but I dont think it will be.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:

Edge is a better threat on screens? Jones has break away speed, Edge used to but now there's no way he's catching a screen and taking it 75 yards to the house.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

At catching out the backfield? Yeah...He won't take it to the house but his hands are like glue...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
At catching out the backfield? Yeah...He won't take it to the house but his hands are like glue...
With the Colts he had about 50 receptions a year, so he can definitely catch the ball.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Exsnackly....He's a perfect back for our version of the Spread/WCO..

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Granderson28 said:
after what we went thru with Shaun...I cant believe we would do this. Yeah Edge had a great career, but come on now hes what 31..we need fresh legs like what carolina and tennessee are doing. I hope its a good move but I dont think it will be.

I agree 100 percent. I hate to be ageist but in this league that's old, and I haven't been impressed with the dulling Edge the last couple seasons. Maybe 94 is right, it was due to the team. I agree he's got solid hands, and maybe his receiving will compensate for age. Hope for the best.

I just HATE the fact that stupid AZZ gets to give BUZZ crap now, after what he said when the Tards signed EJ!
The way that players bounce around the same division lately (koff*Favre*koff) is annoying.

Pigskinfreak

Huddler
Reaction score
Ahh man i liked Duckett. I think Jones will do a better job than Edge. Edge hasn't looked/played the same as he used to in a while. Not to mention the lack of speed.

Reaction score
ok here we go....

as far as edge goes i think that its a toss up, we could have either stolen a stud that hasnt gotten to shine in the pass first offense in AZ, or we got a dud...im cheering for stud, the rebirth of greatness...not banking on it though...

My biggest problem with this move is the fact that now if jones and james split time it could turn into our running duo last year...where if you guys remember julius jones would start the game have some nice runs ( always gave extra effort to get one more yard with the spin move i loved it) and then he wouldnt play the rest of the game mo would...this happened vice versa as well and mo would get in the groove and not get another touch...i dont like the sharing of backs, at least the way holmgren did it, maybe mora has a better strategy. oh i and i cant believe the dis like of jones man he could be really good, the injuries thing is whats hurting his career

As far as duckett he was nice for one yard gains, but the guy runs like he is pulling an oil tanker behind him..has to be the slowest running back EVER, i always questioned this, why not move him to full back still getting the goaline and 1 yard carries but then using his big slow ass to block?? (mike alstott style) anyways he is gone, not to sad about that hopefully our offense will be good enough not to be caught in to many short yardage situations that we just couldnt do it with out him.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Whee...Duckett is gone....no more wishing that the 2nd and long turned into 1st down and then not having to resort to Ducketts slow ass for 3rd and 1 situations.

The argument for Jones and Edge, hmm... Last year Jones was getting gaining some confidance in his running game. The more we relied on him. Until we went with Morris, Holmie's favorite poster child. Heck I loved Morris too, but I think we should have relied more on Jones, since he was gathering some steam behind him.

Edge. I dunno, is he washed up? We'll have to see. Its going to be a fighting job, to see who gets the most carries, but I hope, that both of them, Jones AND Edge realize that they both have different qualities that they can bring to the team and not get so carried away with who has the most carries, but who helps the team when they need them to.

Would love to see the Edge of old though.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Again its running back by committee.
Only now its upgraded. Though well aged, edge,still runs well, and is a fit for our new zone blocking, one cut and run, WCO, screen, draw, double reverse, flee flicker... what other terms can I thow in there that I learned off of Madden 10?
Anyways, I see Jones to start, Edge to fill in, Forrsett as our change up, and double full back will be our short yard gainer.
Remember though, JJ has been hurt; hopefully it wont linger.

Top Bottom