• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DRAFT CHAT

Reaction score
I love how I'm hearing he's a late 3rd early 4th round pick. Why not save the pick for tomorrow?! We wouldn't have had to give up anything. Ruskell pulled the trigger way too quick not a good thing right now.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? This is a great pick. The guy can play both guard positions too. Plus he could have gone in the first round.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
What are you guys talking about? This is a great pick. The guy can play both guard positions too. Plus he could have gone in the first round.
It's a good pick, it's just what they gave up to get it.

Reaction score
Hopefully, but all I know is we lost two key picks for this guy. Then again kind of the same deal we did for Lofa, but still not too pleased right now. A lot of other guys were on the board we could have used.

S

Seattlehawk94

phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:
It's a good pick, it's just what they gave up to get it.

Exactly...It's WAAAAY too much for a guy who played mostly Center...

Especially when we've got another 1st Rounder at Center and an able backup!

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
This dude is a beast.. I'm satisfied. We have the first pick in the 5th round.
True, but we needed a RB, a Tackle, maybe a WR and some Secondary help.

If they move Unger from Center over to RG then it would make sense.

Jones - Whale - Spencer - Unger - Willis

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

Willis? I doubt Willis beats out Locklear. But that's pretty much what I was thinking... This is a dude I really had my eye on.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

Willis? I doubt Willis beats out Locklear. But that's pretty much what I was thinking... This is a dude I really had my eye on.
I kinda like Willis over Locklear, but you're probably right about Locklear starting.

Reaction score
If anyone would do that I'd do it twice

phaZe said:
Seattlehawk94 said:
A 3 AND A 4???

quote]
I agree. That is way too much for a 2nd Round pick. Now we have to trade a 5th, 6th round or 7th Round pick for a 3rd/4th Round pick.

Or maybe even a player trade.

Reaction score
Maybe the Seahawks will use that 1st Round Pick in 2010 from the Broncos to get a player?

I know they need other positions more than a WR, but maybe that pick and Branch for Boldin?

Sounds like a long shot, but would be cool. :D

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
the 17th 2nd round pick for our 3 and 4 was a steal
410 pts for the 2nd vs 250 and 100 for our 3 and 4

410 > 350
When you look at it that way it seems good, but now we have to wait until the 5th to get our next player.

Reaction score
Considering the player we got with that second round pick, I am happy with the trade. I couldn't be happier with draft day :)

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Max Unger, Center from Oregon.

...a 3rd and 4th Round pick for him?

Seahawks trade up to take DT Max Unger
Bears receive:
» 2009 third-round pick (No. 68)
» 2009 fourth-round pick (No. 105)

Seahawks receive:
» 2009 second-round pick (No. 49): Max Unger

DT?????????

Reaction score
Good draft day. I'm really happy! I cannot believe that Curry was there at 4 and that the Bronco's were stupid enough to give up their (probably top five) pick next season for our second rounder! Max Unger is a good player also. Can never have too much depth on the line. Ruskell really shocked me today. I think he did quite well.

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't live but the wife insists on certain benefits to marriage, so I TiVo'd it and fast-forwarded thru all the b.s.

My thoughts: stunned that KC passed on Curry. Lambs too. They will both regret it.

Ruskell could not believe his luck that Curry fell to us, and spent the 10 minutes laughing hysterically at what the other teams offered.

Raiders reached. Huge. And if you were surprised by that, you don't know football or the draft. Not as bad as when they picked Janikowski, but still.

I was stunned by all the CB and C taken early 1st round. We got ripped for taking Spencer late 1st round. I think you can get quality CB late.

Our trade in 2nd round with broncos was a coup.

Getting Unger 13 spots later for our 3rd and 4th also huge. We had more picks than needs.

A+ first day.

A+ next day will see us moving up again for RB or a stud D-linemen. Add a CB and we're good.

Reaction score
LAhawkFAN said:
Sorry I wasn't live but the wife insists on certain benefits to marriage, so I TiVo'd it and fast-forwarded thru all the b.s.

My thoughts: stunned that KC passed on Curry. Lambs too. They will both regret it.

Ruskell could not believe his luck that Curry fell to us, and spent the 10 minutes laughing hysterically at what the other teams offered.

Raiders reached. Huge. And if you were surprised by that, you don't know football or the draft. Not as bad as when they picked Janikowski, but still.

I was stunned by all the CB and C taken early 1st round. We got ripped for taking Spencer late 1st round. I think you can get quality CB late.

Our trade in 2nd round with broncos was a coup.

Getting Unger 13 spots later for our 3rd and 4th also huge. We had more picks than needs.

A+ first day.

A+ next day will see us moving up again for RB or a stud D-linemen. Add a CB and we're good.
I'd say an A overall.

I agree that we need to move up and get a RB or a CB or something earlier than the 5th round.

We definitely need to keep that 1st round pick next year so we can get a QB and whatever else we end up needing. I think next year will be the year we take a QB on the 1st day of the draft.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I'd love to have a draft like the Browns or Patriots had today and trade down a couple times if there's no one we want available.

Top Bottom