• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Don't Be Like Seahawks Fans"

S

Seattlehawk94

Well some of you rooted for PissBurgh now you get to enjoy the fruits of the "win" over the Cards and that includes calling both our fanbases whiners. Some of you need to pick with your brains and not over madeup "rivarlies" with teams we've been in a division with for 5 years 4 of them they sucked.

OP
S
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't root for either team. I went back and forth so many times throughout the game, and ended up just wanting to see good football. And in my opinion, you can't even compare this game to the BS that happened to us. The bad calls went both ways in this game, and Pitt made two incredible plays to win. Just the fact that people still talk about the refs in XL solidifies our complaints about the calls.

S

Seattlehawk94

"Went both ways this time"

Explain how exactly Pissburgh had "bad calls" and what were those "bad calls"?

Zona got jobbed....Only difference is, in spite of you people's illogical "they are in the West and we don't want to be the only western team without a Superbowl" (though you don't think about the fact Zona is the oldest team in the NFL was around for 10 Superbowls before us, so it really doesn't make it "special" compared to us) they looked BETTER in the Superbowl than we did and actually HELD THE LEAD LATE, something that you haters can't say WE ever did.

So we might be "tied" with Zona for wins in SBs at ZERO they can hold their heads alot higher than us.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would like to know how they got "jobbed." I saw a few questionable calls, but nothing that made me sit there in disbelief like I did for Super Bowl XL.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh....."Roughing the Holder" isn't even in the rulebook...I looked it up...It would be a personal foul but since the kick was already through the uprights it would've only moved the kickoff forward instead of forcing AZZ to make a HUGE stand and losing clock time.

Harrison's "return" first off, a leg isn't part of the end zone, if a pylon isn't...A leg isn't, in fact there is no such rule on the TD like that....Secondly the were HOLDING Warner trying to make the tackle, a pic of him shows his jersey actually UNDER his shoulder pads after that play. Shoulda never been a TD, shoulda been called back and half should've been over.

Harrison NOT getting TOSSED, a bullshit non call, he PUNCHED and continued to punch another player.

Willie Parker's chop block, they called one on Edge ending a series for Zona and Parker does the same thing on the next series for Pissburgh setting up a completion for a 1st down on 3rd and Long.

You don't know how they got "jobbed"? Seriously? They didn't even REVIEW the "fumble" by Warner....Azz should've had the ball with 5 seconds on the 23 yard line of Pissburgh thanks to that NOT being a fumble and the Personal Foul call.

They didn't even REVIEW it....That's getting jobbed....That's getting cheated out of ONE CHANCE, and with Fitz a 25 yard last play GWinng TD wouldn't have been out of the question, especially if Kurtis would've hung up a jump ball out there.

Plenty of other calls that were BS.....Our "disbelief" calls were bad but some of the ones against Zona were a hell of alot more blatent.

The "Roughing the Holder" and Hass's "Block" calls were BOTH made up on the spot.

OP
S
Reaction score
I think in general the game was over-officiated. The holding call that turned a first down into a safety for the Cards was incredibly ticky tack. I was glad they called it because it made the game a heck of a lot more interesting but it was a fairly weak holding call. And if that was a hold, then I saw about 4 or 5 plays where Harrison was held much more blatantly than that. I agree that they should have reviewed the last play, but I don't think it would have been overturned. I didn't feel that either team was given the advantage due to the calls.

Arizona had chances to win, but didn't do anything with them. When Pitt needed to make big plays, thats exactly what they did and that was the difference in the game.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They did review the last play in the booth. They just did not televise it as a long, drawn out review - which they should have done.

Scott's right. At least Arizona had chances to win...

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Well some of you rooted for PissBurgh...
Dude, when are you gonna stfu about that? Change the record. Shit...

I'm glad I didn't root for them... I'd never hear the end of it!

S

Seattlehawk94

I never shut the fuck up....I MAKE people shut the fuck up...

When we stop seeing these bitches from Pissburgh who just started showing up this week...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Good points all around. Especially about AZ's performance vs. ours. Regardless of the bad calls (not to mention bad mental mistakes by AZ--the personal foul penalties were inexcusable), AZ really could have won the game if it weren't for lousy clock management on their leading drive. I understand using the no-huddle to keep Pitts off balance but having less/no time left afterwards was more important IMO.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
First, I am not sure why you keep coming around here. If you believe so strongly in your Steelers and their victories, what a few Seahawks fans think should be inconsequential you to.

Secondly, while Harrison may not have punched Aaron Francisco with his fist, he clearly put an elbow into his back while he was trying to get up. Super cheap.

rain36man

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I ended up here by pure chance during a surfing session, and Im having fun!! I dont know what got into Harrison there, he deserved the flag, but he didnt punch anyone and didnt deserve to be thrown out of the game.

Which brings up a huge point. Madden said he punched him and should be thrown out. Watch the tape and you will see that he was wrong on both counts. But since HE said it, it is now a huge deal.

Madden's voice carries alot of weight, but that doesnt mean that he's always right. He just says stuff without thinking about it which makes him fun to listen to but it also causes stuff like this.

Which brings me back to XL. Madden said it wasnt PI in the end zone. Madden said it wasnt holding. Again, he was wrong on both counts. But him saying those things have played a huge part in the shitstorm afterwards that still lingers today.

I am not a conspiracy theorist and I dont think that Madden has it in for the Steelers, it has just happened that way.

S

Seattlehawk94

18 why are you responding to him?

Let him post his long winded bullshit knowing no one is going to pay attention....We've been doing it on all it's other threads.

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
They're right. Don't be look pansy ass winy Seattle fans.

Throw batteries instead.

S

Seattlehawk94

MONSTRO said:
They're right. Don't be look pansy ass winy Seattle fans.

Throw batteries instead.

When do the Stealers come to town again? I bet we could organize a group of people to bring D-Cells to chuck at the Pissburgh players coming out of the tunnel.

Much like snowballs, if enough of us do it we can't get in trouble...

Top Bottom