• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Do you take Sanchez at 4

Idahawk

Reaction score
The seahawks sent 5 scouts/coaches to USC's pro day and he looked great from what everyone said ..of course thats on a practice field in sunny california with no defense in his face, he only played 16 games and I just can't see pulling the trigger on such a risk

Reaction score
I don't like Sanchez, although...I consider him better than Tebow, but I also consider Tebow a bad QB, so... :cool:

I say we take him in the 2nd if he is still there, but I HIGHLY doubt he will make it out of the top 10.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
I don't like Sanchez, although...I consider him better than Tebow, but I also consider Tebow a bad QB, so... :cool:

I say we take him in the 2nd if he is still there, but I HIGHLY doubt he will make it out of the top 10.

Yeah, he will not be there in the 2nd. Freeman might though.

Reaction score
I don't really think that its a good value right now. I wouldn't be too upset though, because I think that he could flourish in a place where he had some time to develop. Too many early pick QBs flop IMO because they get drafted by bad teams with bad lines and bad schemes, and then are forced into the starting role before they are ready. I do think the QB is the most important position on the field, but they still cannot succeed without the right people around them. Senneca is NOT capable of winning a superbowl, so he is not a viable eventual replacement for Matt. I think we should draft someone at QB next season, and then trade Senneca for an additional draft pick.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I don't really think that its a good value right now. I wouldn't be too upset though, because I think that he could flourish in a place where he had some time to develop. Too many early pick QBs flop IMO because they get drafted by bad teams with bad lines and bad schemes, and then are forced into the starting role before they are ready. I do think the QB is the most important position on the field, but they still cannot succeed without the right people around them. Senneca is NOT capable of winning a superbowl, so he is not a viable eventual replacement for Matt. I think we should draft someone at QB next season, and then trade Senneca for an additional draft pick.
I'd rather keep Seneca and use him as a WR and use him in trick plays. :D

I know Holmgren never liked doing those sort of things, but maybe Mora will be up to the idea?

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
In the order of who I want if they are available come our pick:
Aaron Curry
Crabtree
Monroe
Trade the pick.
Enought Said.
I believe ESPN even mentioned the Seahawks as possible trade partners with the Broncos. I would want their 12th pick and their 2nd round pick. For a top 5 pick, you should receive a lot in return.

...and I agree, Curry is at the top of my list with Crabtree and I would actually want Orakpo before Monroe, but we need a Tackle more than a DE...I just like his ability to get to the QB.

Signguy

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay, here is my take. Probably way off...

Stafford is impressive, but he will need a couple of years to mature. That is a couple of years we can give him, Matt's back being the linch pin. BUT, I really dont want to spend the 4th pick and the money it involves on a guy whos gonna sit the bench.

Dirty Sanchez could step in and play the west coast offense pretty quickly, but his upside is marginal, and not befitting a top 5 selection, IMHO.

Here is what I want to see. If Curry is there take him. Fills J-petes shoes nicely, (need) makes an impact immediately, and is worthy of the top 5 money. Orakpo would fit here as well, as an OLB/Hybrid pass rusher. OT is just not a need like OLB, safety, even RB. Yes we MAY get Donald Brown in the 2nd, but doubtfull, so if Curry isnt available we...wait for it...

Trade the 4th to Denver for the 12th AND the 18th. If you wanna move up to the top 5 its gonna cost you, and not a first and a 2nd. So with the 12th we take either Beanie Wells or one of the USC brothers (Cushing or Mathews), and with the 18th vice versa...either Wells or the LB. Vonte Davis is an option, but I would rather wait until the 2nd and take Delmas or Chung. Virtually all of our needs are met by round 2. With the rest of the pics you take some more secondary players, an OT or center, late take Harrell or Wilson from 'bama.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
I'd rather keep Seneca and use him as a WR and use him in trick plays. :D

I know Holmgren never liked doing those sort of things, but maybe Mora will be up to the idea?
I don't think he can be a good WR. He doesn't want to be one either, he wants to be a starting QB. I think what he could be good at if we draft Sanchez is being a trade to some one who's QB situation is really shaky.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't want a QB. Not so sure why everyone has us taking one. I honestly hope they (Seattle) is just trying to stir it up to get a team to make a trade that allows us to take Smith, Monroe or Curry or even trade our pick.

Reaction score
Neither QB is worth that pick.... I'm tired of hear people say we're taking either one of those guys... Especially Sanchez.

Top Bottom