• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Deon Butler?

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I missed the first pre-season game, but I know this kid flew down the field and got our early-first touchdown in the Denver game...this kid is pure speed right?
Did we get lucky and get our burner, while already have picked up our physicality receiver with Housh?

What do ya all think?

My gut says we DID get lucky and this guy is gonna take over for Nate or Deion (the other one) catch wise....

Reaction score
Butler never played with a good QB at Penn State otherwise he might have been a 1st round pick... He has shown good hands and lots of speed... I think we got great value for him.

OP
W

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
And I'm fine with him being our No 4, just great to see new blood on the field, with him and Housh...who have yet to become ball droppers for us ( And I hope won't be - *crosses fingers*)...

Reaction score
housh is solid he will never be a ball dropper

deon butler is ONE of the steals we drafted this year and he is proving he is more than just speed that catch over the middle was a really nice play last saturday....even though he is the number 4 if he holds up with this play they will surely work him in on some special plays to try and give him the ball and run maybe wideout screen? who knows

i have to say though that his kick return abilities lacked to me..he was trying to fanesse into a crease instead of just getting a full head of steam and just going

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
#ONE said:
I predict an Eddie Royal & DeSean Jackson' esque type rookie season for Butler.

How? both of those guys were starters, Butler will be our #4

Really? You expect him to stay #4?

Don't forget mr. Deion Branch still plays for us and he is yet to play a full season for us. I am 90% sure Branch will miss a good handful of games due to injury or soreness.. and hopefully get cut by seasons end.

Butler will become a starter by default just like Jackson did. He was listed as a 2nd string WR, but then became a starter due to injuries to Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown.

So save the smart ass comments to yourself bobby

Reaction score
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:
[quote="#ONE":3m0ckzif]I predict an Eddie Royal & DeSean Jackson' esque type rookie season for Butler.

How? both of those guys were starters, Butler will be our #4

Really? You expect him to stay #4?

Don't forget mr. Deion Branch still plays for us and he is yet to play a full season for us. I am 90% sure Branch will miss a good handful of games due to injury or soreness.. and hopefully get cut by seasons end.

Butler will become a starter by default just like Jackson did. He was listed as a 2nd string WR, but then became a starter due to injuries to Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown.

So save the smart ass comments to yourself bobby[/quote:3m0ckzif]

I wasn't being a smart ass dude... I really think the receiving corps. are a strength on this team. Branch and Burleson are MUCH better wide outs than the eagles had last year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Think Burl and Housh are our #1 and #2 with branch butler rotating in with the other guys, and all of them are learning multiple positions. I dont think we'll see any stand out WR, they will all contribute, but in the endzone Housh will dominate, will have TD's in the teens like number 87 did in 2005!

Mora said in interview that he thought of pulling D. Butler out of KR/PR. Id like to see :evil: see Kent in there one time.

Reaction score
Housh is going to be the main target... he'll dominate as far as catches go. I thought Nate was going to have a break out year last year, but he got hurt in week 1. I think it's still possible for Nate to have a big year this season especially since Housh will probably draw a lot of the attention away from him in the early going of the season... If our O-line can protect Matt I can see him throwing for 4,000+ yards this year.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Housh is going to be the main target... he'll dominate as far as catches go. I thought Nate was going to have a break out year last year, but he got hurt in week 1. I think it's still possible for Nate to have a big year this season especially since Housh will probably draw a lot of the attention away from him in the early going of the season... If our O-line can protect Matt I can see him throwing for 4,000+ yards this year.
I agree. Matt should have one hell of a year if everything goes correctly.

Reaction score
I do think we have a solid WR corp, especially compared to last years. I am still concenrned about Branch's durability. He isn't getting any younger and seems to miss a lot of time either injured or resting with a sore knee.

I hope Burleson has a great year and stays healthy, but you never know how that knee will hold up. He seems healthier than ever, but you just never know.

And if God forbid we lost those two, I would still feel comfortable with Housh, Carlson and Butler catching passes from Matt.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Good thing for Nate is that after ACL surgeries they say the knee is stronger and better than it was before the injury.

That is true. I guess I need to stop worrying about it. Any given day, any given snap, any player can having a season ending injury and that's just part of football.

It's just hard for me not to worry because of what happened to our WR last year.

Keary Colbert, Billy McMullen and Michael Bumpus starting WR... WTF??!

S

Seattlehawk94

Bumpus should be on the roster this year...He showed alot of promise in 08.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Bumpus should be on the roster this year...He showed alot of promise in 08.

I don't think he's gotten enough opportunities so far this preseason to make the team.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, that's true.....Could be hiding him for the PS though.

Reaction score
It's going to be tough for him to make the team though I mean... there's like 3 or 4 other WRs competing for PROBABLY only one spot maybe 2.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
My guess is they keep Obomanu and Kent as #5 and #6.

But I like Hass too, he was always a guy (in college) who, when the team needed a big play, he would come through.
Plus he is a big physical reciever.

Top Bottom