• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Coyotes to move to Hamilton, Ontario..

S

Seattlehawk94

Now with a new arena in Seattle we'd be a MUCH better option for a franchise than Hamilton and their small ass Copps Coliseum.

Kinda messed up...They just built that arena next to the Cruds stadium less than 5 years ago...

Now with AWA in PHX and the Sun Devil's arena that place has NO tenants...Major bullshit how teams can just pull this kinda shit....

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Now with a new arena in Seattle we'd be a MUCH better option for a franchise than Hamilton and their small ass Copps Coliseum.

Kinda messed up...They just built that arena next to the Cruds stadium less than 5 years ago...

Now with AWA in PHX and the Sun Devil's arena that place has NO tenants...Major bullshit how teams can just pull this kinda shit....

Currently, Seattle is working on upgrading the T-birds from WHL to the NHL. But the gears are in motion. Don't worry, Seattle WILL have a hockey franchise.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

hawkfanadam said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Currently, Seattle is working on upgrading the T-birds from WHL to the NHL. But the gears are in motion. Don't worry, Seattle WILL have a hockey franchise.

Trust me...No they aren't....There is no arena big enough to house them and an NHL team will be independent of the T-Birds...They don't have the capital in that ownership to buy into an NHL team.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
hawkfanadam said:
Seattlehawk94 said:

Trust me...No they aren't....There is no arena big enough to house them and an NHL team will be independent of the T-Birds...They don't have the capital in that ownership to buy into an NHL team.

Well from what I have been reading, once seattle gets that multi sport arena done. (for hopes of a new basketball team) the T-birds will get bought out, and then they can work on getting the team. It will be a while, but it looks like a possibility.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

It's going to be a loooong while...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

http://online.wsj.com/video/future-of-s ... 70BAE.html

Watch this...Mighty interesting...It took place today...Bettman, the Used Car Salesman who stole the Pilots, the punk who want's the Superbowl in London, and the cocksucker who stole the Sonics all had a roundtable discussion on the future of sports..

I don't like the Phoenix move either...It opens a WHOLE NEW can of worms...Basically it says if you want to move, file bankruptcy and even if you are in a building that's 5 years old and you have a 30 year lease it can be broken.

Don't like this one bit...

Seriously...Watch this...It's very important...Think of it this way..

One day someone offers the M's owners 1Billion to sell the team, and they are locked in at Safeco still, they could declare "bankruptcy" and sell them to the highest bidder with the lease meaning nothing...Notice that cocksucker Sterno said NOTHING about this?

I didn't like Bettman because of what he did to Winnipeg and Quebec..But I respect him for this...I support our NFC West brothers in Glendale, after what happened here I HATE teams that try to pull this moving shit...

Hope they can stop this...Or...

New Orleans Hornets and Saints, Jacksonville Jags, Memphis Griz, Nashville Preds, Atlanta Thrashers, Miami Panthers, Raleigh Canes, Edmonton Oil, Calgary Flames, Ottawa Sens, LA Kings, KC Royals, Minnesota Vikqueens and Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Rays, New York Islanders will all be basically free agent franchises looking to move the second they can find a buyer in bankruptcy court...

Shit it's going down with the NFL in Atlanta right now...The 15 year old Georgia Dome which is a great venue is already "old" by Blank's standards and he's looking to move out of that building as we speak.

Fuck that shit...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Crazy stuff coming out of PHX...

There is talk of the NHL FOLDING the 'Yotes if the bankruptcy goes through, then granting an expansion team to Jerry Reinsdorf to play in Glendale next season..

Basically the 'Yotes would be names, jerseys, and equipment at a $272Millon price tag and Basille and Moyes would be left with nothing...Moyes would be bankrupt and not have a team and Basille would be free to move Coyotes equipment to Hamilton without a schedule or players. And Reinsdorf would get an "expansion" team with the Yotes players at a discounted price.

I hope they do this....Basically it will show the other owners in other sports you can't move without league approval...Shoulda done this with Skeletor Davis a loooong time ago...

"Yeah Mr. Davis, you can move the team to LA..Only problem is you won't be scheduled games so you can basically scrimmage with yourselves every week...Oh and we've just awarded an expansion franchise here in Cokeland to make sure that city is whole in terms of leases and such..."

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

BTW, bankruptcy was the only way they could move...

They have 25 years left on a 30 year lease and if they break the lease before then it's prorated...Right now breaking the lease would cost them 700 MILLION buck...Yeah, that's right 700 Mill...I think this was a pure bullshit move.

If they are "bankrupt" they wouldn't have to pay Glendale a dime...

dRizZe

Huddler
Reaction score
How big is hockey in Seattle really? Just curious really...

I am huge Penguins fan and love the game of hockey. To me, its one of the greatest sports played besides football. My son is 7 and he is on a traveling hockey team at the local rink here in Delaware.

Here is my little buddy making a save in our last tournament this past season:
n1182519081_30145103_1254699.jpg

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Cute kid....Forgot how big the nets looked in peewee with the goalies being that small..

Seattle could support the NHL...We just don't have a rink...I'll be the first one to put down season ticket deposits though when we do...

dRizZe

Huddler
Reaction score
How about High School hockey?

In the "bigger" cities of Washington, are there ice rinks?

I would think that since you guys are so close to Canada that hockey should have a decent following.

Yea, its pretty funny to see him in net. It's almost like "Honey, I shrunk the goalie!" He absolutely loves the sport. Everything in his life revolves around hockey. My son is pretty much a rink rat. We are at the rink so much I got a part-time job there driving the Zamboni!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Not really in either case....There are some club HS teams...But there's not enough ice...

There's like 6 rinks in all of Western Washington so no, not a huge playing group around here.

Top Bottom