• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Comprehensive Draft Breakdown Thread

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The gatorade guy should be using blue aqua instead of that piss orange they poured on our coach.

Draft a decent waterboy for Christs sake.

safe_image.php

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I mean we don't "need" anything but I wouldn't knock drafting a new RT or a Guard to help Russ that much more :p
Depending on contract talks between Baldwin and Tate, we may draft a WR too.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, they are now in a position where they can draft for a position or two, depth, or just best player available. I think they would like to have a RT that could also move to LT incase of injuries. Because of the uncertainty at WR I think they will be looking for a big tall receiver. Myself I don't think Rice will be resigned. I think the WR position is just as good without him.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's nicer to have a Super Bowl trophy, young players, a great head coach, cap room and a mother f#cking parade tomorrow! Whooowoooo!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We don't need anyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

LOL no doubt! Just re-sign everyone, wash, rinse, repeat!

WIN FOREVER! Means we need to get back to work, first order of business (after celebration!) re-signing players.
I'll be putting up a post on this very subject soon.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Re-sign Michael Bennett.
The one area of the team that could use some work is the offensive line. It's the weakest part of the team and the one area that hasn't gotten any love the last couple offseasons. The pass blocking in the Super Bowl was ok but the run blocking was bad once again. Denver got backfield penetration on more than half of Lynch's runs.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Priority : Earl Thomas during the offseason
Re-sign Tate, baldwin, Avril, hopefully Bennett
Release Sidney
Restructure Zach Miller

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I want Rice back, but only if he's willing to take a massive pay cut.

That exact same thought crossed my mind earlier today. Whether he returns or goes elsewhere, he's going to be taking a huge paycut. So why not stay for less money? A lot of Hawk fans are down on Rice but he's still got some good football left in him I think.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
We didn't miss a beat when Rice went down, so his pay should be comparable to his worth to the team.

Reaction score
We didn't miss a beat when Rice went down, so his pay should be comparable to his worth to the team.

That's very debatable. Rice brings things to the table that none of our other guys do, he's the most savvy WR we have. He runs the best routes, and he understands where to release to when the play breaks down better than the other guys, plus he's absolutely money on those sideline catches.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That's very debatable. Rice brings things to the table that none of our other guys do, he's the most savvy WR we have. He runs the best routes, and he understands where to release to when the play breaks down better than the other guys, plus he's absolutely money on those sideline catches.

I like the line-up of Tate, Kearse, Harvin, Balwin, and Lockette. Then Bring in a draftee for some depth/potential.
I think Rice will not accept a big pay cut he has coming.

Reaction score
He's going to have to. He's not getting anything close to that $8M he's scheduled to make anywhere else.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Rice will not accept a big pay cut he has coming.

I agree no matter if he stays or goes elsewhere he's going to be taking a significant cut. The fact remains too that the dropoff in the passing game over the last 5 games of the regular season, especially compared to the last 5 games of 2012 when they were just killing it, might have had a lot to do with Rice not being in there. Sure Rice wasn't doing much this year when he was healthy but he was doing a lot in 2012 and the 2012 Rice is what they were missing this year I think.

I think it's at least worth the Seahawks' time and effort to see if anything can get done. A lot of it depends on Kearse too. Kearse is the one who kinda took over Rice's role in the passing game. Is he the guy to do it and make Rice expendable or not? That's the million dollar question.

Reaction score
He'll take the pay cut. "Hey, you can take way less money here, or you can take way less money for a team that didn't win the Super Bowl."

Reaction score
Clemons might have to as well. If not, we might have to get rid of him to bring Bennett back.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score

I think we were better in the passing game with Rice then without. It did allow for some other guys to step up so I think it gives us options which is always more comforting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom