• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colts coaches Tom Moore and Howard Mudd officially retire

-Scar-

Huddler
Reaction score
Offensive coordinator Tom Moore and offensive line coach Howard Mudd have formally filed their retirement papers with the Indianapolis Colts, according to the team’s owner.Jim Irsay confirmed this afternoon he has received the necessary documentation from the team’s two long-time assistants. Each decided to retire because of a recent change in the NFL’s pension plan.

Moore, 70, and Mudd, 67, have been with the Colts since 1998. Moore’s NFL career spans 32 years and five teams. Mudd has been an NFL assistant with six teams the past 35 years and has the longest consecutive term of service in the league.“We’ve made it through a number of transitions in the past and we’ll make it through this one,’’ Irsay said. “I’m very pleased with the direction we’re headed.’’

Source

peyton_1.gif

Reaction score
I wonder how this will affect Manning more than anything. Yes he is a veteran and a helluva QB, but he may have to learn a whole new system and given his age is that something that will hurt him? I think if Caldwall is smart he keeps the same offense until at least Manning retires.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think Manning has anything to worry about, stick him at QB anywhere and he's getting 35 TD's.

(my 100th post :))

Reaction score
sigpro said:
I don't think Manning has anything to worry about, stick him at QB anywhere and he's getting 35 TD's.

(my 100th post :))
True, but he lost his favorite target (Harrison), his head coach and now 2 more coaches. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles this transition especially with his age and being in the same system for so long.

Top Bottom