• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colin Cole's injury and more

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
910091206044_Seahawks_v_49ers.jpg

Defensive tackle (90) Colin Cole of the Seattle Seahawks sits on the bench while the offense is on the field playing against the San Francisco 49ers during the first half of the Seahawks 20-17 victory over the 49ers at Quest Field in Seattle, Washington.

Big Colin Cole revealed to radio show host Dave Mahler that his left foot is in a boot and will undergo ankle surgery and will be out for an undertermined period of time.

It's possible Cole could miss training camp and the first part of the season.

Mahler adds the Seahawks will be forced to make a big decision about the defensive tackle-alluding to the $13 million Cole is set to make over the next three seasons.

Last season Cole recorded 44 tackles and 1 sack in 11 games, missing five weeks due to the same injury.

Questions about the nine-year veteran's durability are obvious, and the Seahawks may decide to spend that money elsewhere rather than to invest an additional $12 million in a guy who is 31- years old.

One name that has been mentioned is defensive end Osi Umenyiora, who had 11.5 sacks last season for the New York Giants. Umenyiora is demanding a new contract or a trade from the g-men, speculation is that the Seahawks might be willing to depart with draft picks to obtain his services. Speculation only at this point.

Meanwhile, everyone seems to be putting their name out their as a potential Seahawk, calculator the 'Hawks are a team which is ready to load up in free agency. New York Jets corner Antoino Cromartie told reporters that he has researched the Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders as potential destinations according to ESPNNewYork.com

The bottom line is there will be a ton of talented guys who find themselves in free-agency, either because of the structure of the new deal or because teams have to get under the cap. Let's hope the Seahawks choose wisely.

-ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck did his brother a solid recently and announced over ESPN airwaves that Tennessee would be a great fit for his brother.

He recently said on ESPN "It is a very real possibility and it would be a bold move to see [Matt Hasselbeck] as a Tennessee Titan. They obviously don’t want to start a rookie quarterback . . . it is a logical fit for him and I think it would surprise a lot of people."

If Hasselbeck leaves, count on Kevin Kolb as it appears will be in Phoenix one way or another. There continues to be some grumbling the Seahawks ought to trade for Denver quarterback Kyle Orton or Cincinnati QB Carson Palmer.

-Meanwhile, wideout Golden Tate, created a mini-controversy by commenting on a decades old debate when he tweeted during the ESPYs, "Jimmy johnson up for best athlete???? Um nooo .. Driving a car does not show athleticism."

After hearing if from NASCAR Fans on Twitter Tate later said on Sirius Radio "I will say this: NASCAR fans, do not mess with them. I did read up and educate myself, and I will say this: They are incredible people to do that. After reading up on it, I do have respect, and I do want to apologize to NASCAR nation."

-Speaking of training camp and made for TV events, HBO's Hard Knocks has yet to select a team but reportedly according to the Sporting News the network and NFL films still plan on doing the documentary as it has annually for the last decade this summer, as long as their is training camp.

I think Pete Carroll would fill the role as leading man admirably and there are quite a few personalities on this Seahawks team-and decisions to be made about the roster to make the show this team a great candidate to to be featured on the show. Stay tuned.

-Finally, the owners and players are in the last stages of finalizing a deal which would be presented to the NFL Players Association and it's representatives with hopes that the deal could then be "ratified" by the owners on Thursday and Boom! As John Madden would say, this unmemorable time in NFL history will be over and preparations will begin for the 2011 season and a lot more Seahawks talk...

-

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would give up a few picks for Osi. He would be a welcomed addition to the defense for sure! Next week is going to be good times!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hate to loose Cole, I think he really plugs up the middle, but if he cant get back in time for reg season, thats tough decision. He's been nursing this same injury since last season and he's just now getting surgery?

We must sign Mebane though, without question.

Top Bottom