• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

C.J. Spiller

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I've seen way to many mock draft that have us reaching for Spiller at #6, and I think way too much is being made of the hoopla that Pete Carroll needs a "Reggie Bush-type" player. IMO, Justin Forsett is every bit as dynamic and skilled as Spiller, he just doesn't have as much straight speed.

Grabbing him at #14 I could live with, especially if other key guys are already taken, but what's the use of having Spiller and Forsett on the same team?

The only good thing I could see coming out of picking him would be possibly getting rid of Julius Jones, but I'm not quite sure that's going to happen.

This is not to say that I don't like Spiller or the way he plays, because I do. I just don't want Pete and company to jump on him and view him as the next Chris Johnson, because the chances of that happening are extremely slim.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Spiller has that breakaway-score-from-anywhere-on-the-field speed that can change a game. Forsett doesn't. But - I still agree that 6 is way to high for him, and I don't see him being an every down back or durable enough to validate the contract at #6. I could be wrong - he's only 5 pounds lighter than Chris Johnson (and .13 slower in the 40). Some have compared Spiller to Faulk, but faulk had 15 pounds on him and the game has changed in the last 7 years. Smaller backs won't be playing that long anymore. Denver turned nobody's into pro bowlers. I'll take Forsett and a 6th rounder that can pound and run.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
Especially when he is likely to be there at #14... I honestly don't see the 49ers taking him at all. The only other threat between #7 and #13 would be the Bills, IMO. And they also have more pressing needs than running back.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
I would take CJ at #14 not #6. CJ is really good. Now if you get Gaither for the 2nd round pick, you can start looking to other positons. Would you move down to get multiiple picks with the #6 pick? No need for LT with a 6'9 340 guy already on the roster.

Who would you pick with #6?

Who would you pick with #14?

Top Bottom