• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos WR Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall and his agent met with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Monday, and reiterated that Marshall wants a new contract or to be traded.
However, the Broncos reportedly remained "adamant" that Marshall won't be dealt, and Schefter says a "standoff...(that) could be ugly" may be forthcoming. Marshall didn't practice on Monday, and risks $15,888 daily fines if he follows through with a holdout. Marshall is believed to be targeting an extension similar to the one Atlanta gave Roddy White ($48+ million over six seasons).
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Reaction score
Striker said:
That is because this is how I see it.

McDaniels believes he can mold anyone ever since the Matt Cassell n start since highschool QB turned success. McDaniels was the reason Point 1)Cutler got traded and it all adds to Marshall's current situation. Marshall was gonna be pissed either way, but would have likely wanted to stay if Cutler was still there. It would have been more about money than anything else.

Pat watched it all spiral out of control and had to choose a side. He chose his 1st year coach. And I believe Pat is not solely in charge of GMing after seeing how the Cutler incedent played out. If the Broncos #1 WR is thinking about bailing I believe McDaniels will be involved in the discussions.

Point 2)It seems crazy to me that Pat would even allow Cutler to be traded, but backed his coach and did it. And now when his #1 WR wants out he says, "We will do everything in our power to accomidate your request."

Everything seems wrong about that statement. I personally am not a Marshall fan, but when your HC just changed, your QB just changed, wouldn't you want to keep your top WR? At least put up a fight for him. It tells me Pat and McDaniels had gotten together and discussed and decided on Marshalls fate prior to this meeting ever happening. I do not see this as just a Pat decision otherwise how could he make such a statement so fast?

An example: Matt Hasselbeck loses trust with Jim Mora as Mora persues Vick. Matt puts houses up for sell and requests trade. Tim and Jim trade him to the Vikes, but Vick gets grabbed by someone else and Point 3)they have to settle for Tavaris Jackson who they got in the trade. With Jackson at QB Housh is upset and demands trade. In the first meeting of Tim and Housh Tim says he will do everything he can to trade him.

How does any of that make sense? That is a decent example of what is going on in Denver. I guess a better question is what do yall think is going on over there?

My opinion? McDaniels and Pat talked about it after the trade of Cutler and decided if he requests trade they would get rid of him so he does not mess up the locker room. McDaniels already showed that a young high potential QB who can carry his team is expendable, how would he turn and say a WR is an exception to the rule.

Point 4)Marshall was gonna hold out no matter what, he is leaving because of the coach/GMing decisions as well. Thats my opinion.

1) We traded Cutler because he's a whiny bitch, and because he throws too damn many picks and isn't a good fit for a game management type offense (which the pats always were other than their breakout 16-0 year)
2) See 1
3) Not even close, it would be like you trading Matt Hasselbeck to the Vikes and getting stuck with Brett Favre and a boatload of draft picks. Orton is BETTER than Cutler.
4) No he won't, he's loving life now and best buds with McD now!

Reaction score
DenverSuperBroncos said:
Striker said:
That is because this is how I see it.

McDaniels believes he can mold anyone ever since the Matt Cassell n start since highschool QB turned success. McDaniels was the reason Point 1)Cutler got traded and it all adds to Marshall's current situation. Marshall was gonna be pissed either way, but would have likely wanted to stay if Cutler was still there. It would have been more about money than anything else.

Pat watched it all spiral out of control and had to choose a side. He chose his 1st year coach. And I believe Pat is not solely in charge of GMing after seeing how the Cutler incedent played out. If the Broncos #1 WR is thinking about bailing I believe McDaniels will be involved in the discussions.

Point 2)It seems crazy to me that Pat would even allow Cutler to be traded, but backed his coach and did it. And now when his #1 WR wants out he says, "We will do everything in our power to accomidate your request."

Everything seems wrong about that statement. I personally am not a Marshall fan, but when your HC just changed, your QB just changed, wouldn't you want to keep your top WR? At least put up a fight for him. It tells me Pat and McDaniels had gotten together and discussed and decided on Marshalls fate prior to this meeting ever happening. I do not see this as just a Pat decision otherwise how could he make such a statement so fast?

An example: Matt Hasselbeck loses trust with Jim Mora as Mora persues Vick. Matt puts houses up for sell and requests trade. Tim and Jim trade him to the Vikes, but Vick gets grabbed by someone else and Point 3)they have to settle for Tavaris Jackson who they got in the trade. With Jackson at QB Housh is upset and demands trade. In the first meeting of Tim and Housh Tim says he will do everything he can to trade him.

How does any of that make sense? That is a decent example of what is going on in Denver. I guess a better question is what do yall think is going on over there?

My opinion? McDaniels and Pat talked about it after the trade of Cutler and decided if he requests trade they would get rid of him so he does not mess up the locker room. McDaniels already showed that a young high potential QB who can carry his team is expendable, how would he turn and say a WR is an exception to the rule.

Point 4)Marshall was gonna hold out no matter what, he is leaving because of the coach/GMing decisions as well. Thats my opinion.

1) We traded Cutler because he's a whiny bitch, and because he throws too damn many picks and isn't a good fit for a game management type offense (which the pats always were other than their breakout 16-0 year)
2) See 1
3) Not even close, it would be like you trading Matt Hasselbeck to the Vikes and getting stuck with Brett Favre and a boatload of draft picks. Orton is BETTER than Cutler.
4) No he won't, he's loving life now and best buds with McD now!
Again...this was from last June... :roll:

Reaction score
Seriously... And I don't buy that Marshall has changed for a minute. He's just in a better situation than he expected to be in.

Top Bottom