• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Blind followers..

Reaction score
Maybe I have too much time on my hands, maybe I read too many articles on the internet.... but I am beginning to doubt our savior Pete a little bit and the direction he is taking this team.

Lets step back for a second, and try and look at things from the perspective of someone who is not a Seahawk FANatic...

We let our franchise QB of the last decade walk. He's obviously still has something left in the tank, he's looking pretty decent with the Titans. From watching a couple of their games and seeing some photos, it looks like Matt has lost some fat and seems to be in as good of shape physically as he's ever been.

We replace Matt with Tarvaris Jackson. Now I know some of you are drinking the kool-aid, but again lets step back and look at him for what he really is... someone who was in a system for 6 years with a FAR superior team and couldn't get it done. And I don't buy that shit about him never been given a chance for even a second. They kept him around for 6 years. Chili was one of his biggest supporters, he pulled for him to be drafted, he thought he could mold him into a great QB and was pulling for him every time people would turn on Jackson. I'll say it now, if Jackson ever becomes anything more than a career backup, I will be SHOCKED.

Charlie Whitehurst.... need I say more?? It's like asking "would you rather drown or burn to death?"

Going young and inexperienced at almost every position also isn't the smartest thing. Obviously you want to keep your team young, but you do that gradually. Not by releasing everyone 30 and older. This team is already set to face some hard times. Not having any veteran leadership to keep them on the right path will only set them back.

Maybe people are right, maybe Pete isn't cut out for the NFL. Maybe he is turning this into the USC North... Maybe John Schneider isn't the genius we all thought he was. After all, wouldn't GB kept him around if he was soooo great??

But who knows? Don't listen to me, I'm always negative and bipolar when it comes to being a Seahawks fan!! Just pisses me off that we have to endure this kind of shit year after year. I want to get back to winning and winning big.

Thoughts......

Reaction score
The reason for going young, especially right now, is so the team can grow as a whole. There are plenty of stopgaps on this roster, and one of them IS Jackson..

To say Carroll isn't cut out for the NFL after taking this team to the playoffs, and winning against the defending super champions is just stupid.

nad0023

Huddler
Reaction score
I Think that pete is alright and i gotta say i really hated mora

Idahawk

Reaction score
The reason for going young, especially right now, is so the team can grow as a whole. There are plenty of stopgaps on this roster, and one of them IS Jackson..

To say Carroll isn't cut out for the NFL after taking this team to the playoffs, and winning against the defending super champions is just stupid.

Pete Carroll has never been cut out for the NFL Game , and at 7-9 beating a team with no running game wasn't that hard plus we barly won on top of it .

# one is just seeing what I've seen all along. Good teams don't rebuild ! They add pieces . You don't make 300 roster moves ????? who the hell can you evaluate like that , its just a shitty message to send to players .

You'll soon see how fun losing is

Reaction score
I think its pretty well documented most of us wanted Matt to stay, but with the way this line is struggling he would be hurting really bad right now. T-Jack is a stop gap. As far as leadership it seems like there's a lot of veteran leadership on the defense: Mebane and Hill seem to have stepped up as a leaders, and then Brock. On offense Michael Robinson seems to be about it. But the RBs are fine, they all seem to feed off of each other, Rice and Williams need to step up as leaders for the WRs and Gallery does for the O-line, then Trufant has to step up and be the leader for the DBs. I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of leadership coming from these QBs.

The defense has looked pretty solid, and we still don't really know what we have on offense until the O-Line figures things out. Patience my friend.

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has never been cut out for the NFL Game , and at 7-9 beating a team with no running game wasn't that hard plus we barly won on top of it .

# one is just seeing what I've seen all along. Good teams don't rebuild ! They add pieces . You don't make 300 roster moves ????? who the hell can you evaluate like that , its just a shitty message to send to players .

You'll soon see how fun losing is

? Pete Carroll had hardly any experience his first time around... He essentially turned this team into a winning club, a club that had what.. 9 wins combined in the previous two seasons before he got here? He inherited a really really terrible team.
And despite a bad running game for the Saints, their defense and overall offense were on completely different levels than the Seahawks.

What you guys see is ultimately the worst case scenarios. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing..

And what do you mean I'll see? I'm a Seattle sports fan. That's all I see.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Id agree as everyone would letting go of Matt sucks and I don't think its something that had to be done to get younger. Im not off the Pete wagon yet,I figured this would be a losing season and have prepared to watch alot of other team touchdown celebrations. However I think after next years draft is when we can really see where Pete is going. I'm hoping for a QB in yhe draft. Not one that will turn tyis team around right away but someone we can build around

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I didn't say that Pete wasn't cut out for the NFL. I said, maybe. I'm just starting to have some doubt.

And speaking of stupid, bringing up the fact that he took to the team to the playoffs with a record of 7-9 would make the cut.

I just know as fans, especially Seahawks fan, we are a special, forgiving breed. Just wanted everyone to step back out of that bubble and look at the team objectively and tell me what you think.

Reaction score
I didn't say that Pete wasn't cut out for the NFL. I said, maybe. I'm just starting to have some doubt.

And speaking of stupid, bringing up the fact that he took to the team to the playoffs with a record of 7-9 would make the cut.

I just know as fans, especially Seahawks fan, we are a special, forgiving breed. Just wanted everyone to step back out of that bubble and look at the team objectively and tell me what you think.

The success last season wasn't the fact that they made the playoffs at 7-9, it's that they won a playoff game at 7-9.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
No doubt that was an improvement in the win column compared to the last two years. However, if my memory serves me correct they only beat two teams outside the NFC West (SD & Chicago?). They were still horrid statistically in almost every category and lost games in a very Jim Mora fashion, a regular old 40-10 ass whopping.

Reaction score
No doubt that was an improvement in the win column compared to the last two years. However, if my memory serves me correct they only beat two teams outside the NFC West (SD & Chicago?). They were still horrid statistically in almost every category and lost games in a very Jim Mora fashion, a regular old 40-10 ass whopping.

Be that as it may, Carroll and Schneider have taken this team into mild relevancy compared to where this team was 2-3 years ago. They inherited a really really really bad football team, it's a work in progress. I don't think this team is going to be this bad in the next few years.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Be that as it may, Carroll and Schneider have taken this team into mild relevancy compared to where this team was 2-3 years ago. They inherited a really really really bad football team, it's a work in progress. I don't think this team is going to be this bad in the next few years.

Relevancy ???? How are the seahawks relevant ? Even Mildly ?

Reaction score

Very well thought out and concise argument Ida... I think the Marshawn Lynch run was talked about enough during the offseason to qualify us as "mildly relevant." If this same team played in like New York and that same run happened it would have been all over sportscenter during the lockout.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have always had doubts. Still do. How can you not after his first run in the NFL? That said, he says he found himself when taking that year off between the Patriots and USC. He had a lot of success at USC, so I am willing to give him a shot.

I feel better, too, because Dave Wyman said on ESPN710 that he has been most impressed with Carroll over any other Seahawks coach, including Holmgren. He went on and on (it was last Thursday's broadcast I believe) with details I cannot remember. But I like Wyman. I think he is a smart guy that gets the game and I respect his opinion.

Reaction score
I like Wyman too. And I was a massive skeptic of Carroll when we hired him, I'm still somewhat skeptical but significantly less so than I was when we brought him in.

S

Seattlehawk94

Wyman is full of shit.....It's because Coach Micromachines takes his fast talking self to KIRO and sells out...Holmgren NEVER did that and wouldn't because he wasn't into putting on a show...He LIVED football not "football followed by writing self help books", Wyman likes how he talks to media....

My thoughts:

He's slick, guy is a pro at lying....He jetted from college AFTER he and his players were going to go on probation...He was a "hot prospect for being an NFL HC"....He is kinda rah rah and it will never work in the NFL....He isn't accepted in the NFL coaching fraternity...

AM I talking about Carroll? Fuck yeah....But the guy I was talking about was also Dennis Erickson, Steve Superior, and Nick Satan as well.......All those things were said and done by him....

Also on Carroll....Add in his bullshit of bringing ACTORS HE MET IN LA TO NFL PLAYOFF GAMES FOR PREGAME "PUMP UPS", the fact the guy is a yogatype self help book type, a guy who SUCKED with the Jets and turned a Patroit Superbowl team into garbage before Bellicheat took over, the fact he coaches and picks players because he "saw them when he was at USC" (unlike Erickson who at least took the best NFL PLAYERS), and basically cutting loose his PRO BOWL/SUPERBOWL QB because he's not 21 and "one of HIS GUYS"...

I do like Carroll in ways....But.....Some of the shit he's pulled on and off the field in the past makes him shady..

Top Bottom