• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

S

Seattlehawk94

http://www.kffl.com/blog/03-02-09-.html

They interviewed the head of NFL Officials Mike Pererra and this is one of the snippets of his interview..

McRae: But it happened so quickly, it didn't seem like it was ever considered. Even if you had reviewed, why not take a few minutes to at least settle the issue and give the impression you were considering overturning it. Wouldn't you agree they should have slowed things down and taken the time to make sure they covered all avenues for review?

Pereira: Ha, well, at that point, the Steelers were already celebrating like they'd won, so we couldn't pull them off the field. All kidding aside, we reviewed it, it was a fumble, done deal. Good call on the field from the refs, who might I say did an amazing job, considering all the pressure and scrutiny.

He's "joking" but I think there is alot of truth to that joke....

Unfuckingreal.....

rain36man

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Liar. Post the link where he said that. The call was reviewed and confirmed before they let play resume. They only send them down to the field when the play is in question. clear fumble, game over, now half the NFC west is crying.

rain36man

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I see the link was there. But I like youre little snippet. I guess the fact that it was a fumble gets completely lost with you.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Damn, did I hear something? :shock:

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

10 minutes till Wopner....

Counting cards...Counting cards...Counting cards with Charlie Babbit. :lol:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Personally I think this is all Bull Shit! I am surprised that they dont change the name of the Lombardi Trophey to the Steelers Cup, Or the East Coast Cup!

The NFL Officials thru this playoff season proved to me that they have an agenda, and they will make sure that the NFL gets what they want. Screw the fans, screw the teams, the NFL picks the winner if the game is close at all. Some of the worst officiated playoff games I have ever seen.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

SF, I think you might not be too far off...

That "Catch" by the Giants in the Superbowl against NE was suspect...I really don't think having a ball on your helmet behind your head is "securing the ball"...According to rules "Secure" is complete control, unless his helmet has velcro there's no way you can "Control" it...If Harrison even TOUCHED him the ball would've came out, when I say "touched" I'm talking about 1lb of pressure on him.

The NFL WANTED NEW YAWK to win.

Reaction score
I don't think the NFL wanted or cared who won the Giants/Pats game. If your guys "conspiracy" claims is true they wouldn't have cared. Both of the teams are on the East Coast. Plus if you listen to Mike Carey after the Super Bowl he was about to blow the whistle dead, but Eli got away just in time. I think if they NFL wanted New York to win he wouldn't have even been thinking of blowing the play dead.

Tyree's catch well that was just something special, but if you look at replays from all the angles he made the catch and it never did touch the ground and come loose. The main point of having control is that the ball doesn't come loose. It clearly didn't and he made an amazing catch.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Hawk096 said:
I don't think the NFL wanted or cared who won the Giants/Pats game. If your guys "conspiracy" claims is true they wouldn't have cared. Both of the teams are on the East Coast. Plus if you listen to Mike Carey after the Super Bowl he was about to blow the whistle dead, but Eli got away just in time. I think if they NFL wanted New York to win he wouldn't have even been thinking of blowing the play dead.

Tyree's catch well that was just something special, but if you look at replays from all the angles he made the catch and it never did touch the ground and come loose. The main point of having control is that the ball doesn't come loose. It clearly didn't and he made an amazing catch.

It wasn't "special" it was just another New Yawk team getting a game fixed or the odds fixed so they'd win.

Of course they cared who'd win...A New Yawk team is always going to win unless they are dominated and OWNED, if the Ravens didn't kick the shit out of them and that game was close the NFL would've found a way to hand New Yawk a title.

Reaction score
Maybe Maybe not. I love the NFL. Yes I want the Seahawks to win one, but I tend not to think of "fixed" games in sports. Just me, but I respect your opinion. I just don't believe it. Not saying I'm right I've been wrong a lot, but hope not on this.

Top Bottom