• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All time worst Seahawks

Reaction score
I thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread about hated people associated with the Seahawks. Not every listee has to be the "worst" just a player, manger, coach or any associate that you hate-hated and why.

Reaction score
Rick Mirer- Grew up when he was our QB and saw more bad than good from him.
Dennis Erickson- Annoyed me as coach and never did much for us.
That's about all I can think of right now... Give me time and I might find a few others.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Brian Bosworth for sucking so badly, not only at fooball but at acting as well.
Rick Mirer for being such a crappy quarterback and throwing so many interceptions. We took him 2nd overall when we could of took Jerome Bettis, who won a superbowl over us years later.
Dan Mcguire for the same reason as mentioned above about Mirer.

Can't think of any others...

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096...Rick Mirer- Grew up when he was our QB and saw more bad than good from him.
Dennis Erickson- Annoyed me as coach and never did much for us.
That's about all I can think of right now... Give me time and I might find a few others.

The last year Dennis Erickson was here, we had a FEARLESS defense...top 10 in the league I believe. We just couldn't find enough OOOPFM to finish out our competition, most of our games that year were very winnable and we would lose by real close scores. Heck…it was the same year Testaverde scored with his FREAKING HELMET!! I nearly lost all my marbles watching that game.

I think Flores would be my one choice of someone I couldn’t stand coaching the Hawks…came over from the Faiders…and just broke our team apart. Worst record EVER under his tutelage, besides our first season with Patera, but hey our first year, whoulda thunk we would come out with a winning record.

AND it was in his term as coach that brought in Rick freaking Mirer.

RhewChuryll

Huddler
Reaction score
Plus...Tom Flores always look like he had a freaking beaver on his head or something...could never get rid of that image once it stuck to me hehe.

S

Seattlehawk94

Dennis Erickson was a damn good coach...He turned us from a joke into a contender and as Rhew said he build an amazing attacking defense...

My list..

Ken and Davey Behring---can't believe no one else mentioned those assholes..

Tom Flores---Got rid of Knox and proved it was Al Davis not him that won those Superbowls.

Dan McGwire---The reason Krieg and Knox left..Brother of a roider...

Jeremy Stevens----Loser, thug, punk, lazy, can't catch...In other words typical Fuskie pass "catcher" in the NFL.

Lamar Queen---Worst draft pick...Ever..

Anton Palipoi---Second worst draft pick...Ever...

Jerry Rice----Didn't do shit here except distract the team and take Largent's number..

Ken Hamlin-----Let people run by him if he couldn't make an E!spn hit on them..Was more worried about making Sportscenter than making routine plays..

Kornrows Robinson----Drunkass loser, waste of a top-10 pick..

Little Ruskell----Just a huge egotistical asshole...

Reaction score
Jeremy Stevens was a fucking tool. I remember watching him during TE drills before the 49er game on Thursday night 3 years ago. The fuckshot was dicking around and dropped passes during drills and I remember him fumbling and dropping balls during the game. Stevens is a top 5 bust in Seahawks history. He's worthless, can't block, and can't catch. Hope he gets AIDS

Reaction score
I might get some heat for this, but 07/08 Shaun Alexander really pissed me off too. Although pre 07/08 Alexander was one of the greatest Seahawks of all-time.

Reaction score
SeattleROCKHawks said:
I might get some heat for this, but 07/08 Shaun Alexander really pissed me off too. Although pre 07/08 Alexander was one of the greatest Seahawks of all-time.
After getting a fat contract you would probably be a pussy too, lol. Why risk being injured when you already have the money flowing your way? He worked hard until he got it and after that he just gave up.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think if you look at guys that shit on seattle , I would say Joey Go Away was a piece of work then Bos with all the hype and leaving us forever with the Bo highlight and what that did for us being forever thought of as weak and then Bering for the complete ruin of the franchise for his years and trying to move the team ,these would be my top three, as far as SA , Mirer and others mentioned, at least they tried and not just screwed over the team I give credit for that and SA gave us years of quality before the injury and will always be one of the best Seahawks in history to date

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
Worst Seahawks? If we're including front office I'd have to say Ken Behring for sure. He canned Krieg for Stouffer and McGuire. Ruined what might have been with Mirer. Wasted Kennedy's career. Behring is definitely #1 worst ever.

#2 worst ever for me is Jeramy Stevens for a couple of reasons. He failed us in the Super Bowl with his alligator arms on catches over the middle. He never beat out his competition at TE. He wasted his talent.

#3 worst would probably be a tie amongst all bust picks: Gino Toreta, Bos, Mirer, McGuire, and on and on.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Tim Ruskell:
1.Conservative GM afraid to take a risk and cannot evaluate talent if he had Bill Belichick's draft board.
2. Let Steve Hutchinson hit RFA market thinking noone would bid too high for him...idiot.
3. Signed Alexander to longterm deal....again idiot.
4. Traded our first round pick for Dion Branch...*sigh*
5. Drafted Josh Wilson (fumbles 3 out of 4 INT's...love his tenacity though he woulda been a LBer in another life/body.)
6. Drafted Kelly Jennings...he overpursues EVERYTHING! My god he drives me insane if WR's make cuts or double moves he is done.
7. He had a chance this year to trade up ahead of the Browns who they knew were going to take Brian Robiskie and instead stayed in position and missed out on an NFL ready #2 WR. This kid had it all, character, route running, catching, fearless across the middle, and was 6'3 209! This kid will be amazing and was my favorite WR in whole draft...we let Mangini get him! Sure we traded and got Broncos #1 and that will help get a QB in the future BUT...damn we had a shot to build our future #1 down the line and who could contribute now.
8. He did not listen to Holmgren who ranted and raved about allowing Hutchinson to hit RFA market....Hutch himself said he was angry and wanted to stay in Seattle. Offended and having a large contract at his door he left for the Vikings and a rift was made between Holmgren and the Seahawks for going back on their word of giving him full control. Holmgren later in an interview said he had learned his lesson and will get it in writing next time.*sigh*

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Man, Striker. You are high on Hutchinson. Don't get me wrong, the guy is awesome. But he did CHOOSE to sign that offer sheet with Minnesota. Offended. WTF ever. These asshole athletes and their egos. They act more like little junior high girls than they do professional athletes.

The Behrings are top on my list. Followed by Flores. Then McGuire. Then Mirer. With some Stevens and Boz sprinkled in there.

Reaction score
Did everybody fall, hit their heads and forget about that little faggot Josh Brown??

Talk about junior high princess...

Because I was born in the 80's in Europe, and played Soccer most of my life, I did not get into football until my later teen years I cannot really comment on all those busts from the old days.

But for me Brown def takes the cake.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Brown didn't destroy a franchise. As far as I'm concerned, he's a little bitch, but he won us a lot of games and I have not missed him yet.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Brown didn't destroy a franchise. As far as I'm concerned, he's a little bitch, but he won us a lot of games and I have not missed him yet.
Brown is a little bitch man, he took the money and ran to the Rams. Come on, who would leave the Seahawks for the Rams? He must have been high on somethin'.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I was a C, so I may be a bit biast for O-Lineman and how they don't get enough credit, but look what happened after Hutch left!

Matts production was destroyed as was his health. We lost Mack Strong, Alexander slid all over his big contract, and not to mention these wonderfull fun facts for ya.

Matt Hasselbeck 2005: 16 starts 3400+ yards, 449 attempts, 65% comp, 24 sacks, 9 INT's.
Matt Hasselbeck 2006: 12 starts 2400+ yards, 371 attempts, 56% comp, 34 sacks, 15 INT's.

Matt Hasselbeck never had a chance. The line fell apart and our RB didn't give a shit any more and gave no help to Matt. Poor guy got so banged up and was always rushing back early from injuries hopeing to save the team. Too much weight on his shoulders.

Tim Ruskell was a HUGE part of the destruction of this team. The only reason we survived as long as we did was with the high character of Matt and many others on our team and the coaches who are amongst the elite in the NFL. Take the character away from us following 2005 and we would have collapsed like every other team in the NFL does.

Matt Hasselbeck has my utmost respect. Mike Holmgren is one of 5 coaches in history to ever take 2 different teams to the big game and would have been the only one to ever win one with 2 different teams if we did not get hosed.

Despite how we stripped Holmgren of his powers in the GMing department he still honored his contract even in the worst of times. He stood by us and said what everyone was thinking despite being threatened with fines by the NFL higher ups when he said and I quote!

“We knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Holmgren told the fans at Qwest Field. “I didn’t know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well.”

He supported our players and fans by being wiling to say what all of us felt. He backed us all and respresented what we all saw and felt happened despite the fines and the name calling of crybaby and sore loser.

We have found success under Holmgren's Character before talent. I pray Mora can fill those shoes and support him in his cause. As for Ruskell....so long as he is a Hawk....I have to root for him. Here is hoping he dosn't fuck us up again this year! CHEERS!

Reaction score
Dude come on, the reason Matt's numbers sucked balls in 2006 is because he was injured. Look at his stats the following year (2007) when healthy.

Year Team G Att Com Pct Yards TD Int Rate
2007 Seattle Seahawks 16 562 352 62.6 3966 28 12 91.4

I am not down playing that losing Hutch was huge for our Offense, but simply stating that was not the major reason for Matt's poor performance in 06.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
And look how he had to carry the team with all those passes. This was due to lack of run game and again he got sacked more than 30 times. He was playing injured as well. His health is directly connected with the O-Line that protects him.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
We may not all agree on this, but personally my belief is it was a DIRECT impact on our performance in 06.

Losing Hutchinson did these things.

Increased sacks, increased injuries, decreased run games effect, which also declined our pass games effect.

Our left side was beast, it became a glaring hole as Alexanders favorite spot was the left and now the holes were oh so small.

Yes there were other problems almost all of which came from Ruskell. Dion Branch for our first...ineffective drafting. These all play a major part of the success of a team. Ruskell is responsible for that.

This all ties into the true discussion, which only brought on in depth talk about Hutch.

Tim Ruskell as my ALL TIME WORST Hawk. He took us from Superbowl to a full team IR with bad decision making. If not for the pieces previously placed by Holmgren we would have failed. I am glad to say at least this year is looking beter than the rest for Ruskell, here is hoping he makes me look a fool for ever doubting him.

Top Bottom