• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers / Saints

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
You're right. That's what in my mind makes him a better QB than even Luck. Luck might be the ultimate prototypical QB but Wilson's abilities pretty much defy convention because he's an improvisor. The game is full of "x factors" where you can't rehearse a part and have it always fit the game or the situation. That flick to Lynch wasn't part of plan A or even plan B. Plan A if I remember right was to take a shot in the endzone. First X factor was everyone was covered and Wilson was getting flushed a bit. Plan B was to scramble. He saw a little bit of daylight but once he broke it caused Lynch to become wide open in front of him, the 2nd X factor. So he went with Plan C, flicked him the rock, and it was a TD.
It wasn't exactly an earth-shattering play by Wilson but it went beyond checkdowns and all that stuff. It was just one example of how he adapts on the fly to game flow like very few other QBs can.
Because of that he's just a friggin blast to watch as a Seahawk fan.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Saints Winning is the best case scenario in my mind because for one the saints still have 2 games to play against Carolina, and also hawks gotta play 9ers at their place. Tying the division with 9ers would mean a 5th seed for the hawks. They should make it by best record like the nba but that's a topic for a later day. This season has shaped up for a dominant ending. Vikings were probably the last of the gimme wins though for the hawks. You can't sleep on NYG in NY now that they've won 4 straight. They finish up with stl and zona who may be playing for a wild card spot in the last 2 games. By then it may be all wrapped up but even if so you got to like their chances with Jackson and Michael starting. To think we'll be one of those teams worrying about being too well rested is freaking awesome! I've got macklmore can't stop us going round and round in my head right now.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's all about motivation with this team . I believe every game left has its own built in motivation , beating the division rivals is first and foremost and going to the big apple for a dress rehearsal of the Super Bowl is the frosting on the cake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Really? I spent a lot of time on message boards and stuff arguing on the Kaep vs Wilson debate and I don't recall ever seeing a single Seahawk fan posting about a preference for Kaepernick.

It was more of last year talk and during the off season. Mostly fueled by SF playoff run and SB 'appearance' (I love saying that).

Specifically though I recall it being a topic of discussion on Softy's show, the question put out to the fans, who would you rather have at QB. And let me re-iterate, it wasnt "who is the better QB" but "who would you rather have at QB" and a majority of seahawks fans were calling in, in favor of Kap. I recall comments about his overall speed and arm strength, I was so red faced mad, I tried to call in but never got through. I still get worked up thinking about. Alot of analyst even were rating the QB's as 1. Andrew Luck, 2. RGIII 3. Colin Kapernick 4. Russell Wilson.

How do you like me now? Is what the wilson says!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tying the division with 9ers would mean a 5th seed for the hawks.

Actually, all other game intangibles aside if 49ers/Hawks are tied at the end of season, we would win because of our win against a "common opponent" (Panthers).

As it stands right now, for all intents and purposes, we MUST beat the Saints to secure #1 seed and ultimate home field advantage.

Seahawks 10-1 (BEST IN NFL!!)
Saints 8-2

Am I wrong? (says Walter Sobchak)

Last edited:

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Saints game is key and it's very doable. Fully rested and fully healed...I mean you can't plan this any better.

The fact is that if we can't beat them at home to achieve home field advantage then we deserve to be road warriors. I put this team up against any team, at home or on the road. At home just makes it that much less mentally damaging for me personally. ;) But I still think we can weather any storm.

On a side note; with just two more wins RW breaks the all time record for wins by a rookie QB in his first two years. Knocking Worthlessbuger out of the top spot at 22. ;) Right now he's tied with Marino at 21 wins.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
To szat

I got the feeling it was about the overall strength of schedule which I believe was tougher for 49ers going into last week but how do you justify strength? You're probably right if we beat the saints that gives us 2 playoff teams we beat that 9ers lost to. I think we win out at home and maybe lose one road game anyway so nothing really to worry about in the division anymore. Just beat the saints then rest easy for a few weeks.

The next debate should be Russell Wilson or Marshawn Lynch for mvp.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
strength of schedule which I believe was tougher for 49ers

Your RIGHT! Thats why I wouldn't of minded a 49ers win yesterday.

Just beat the saints eh..... Okay if you want to put more eggs in that basket, me personally would have preferred a 1 game cushion.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
me personally would have preferred a 1 game cushion.

Exactly. The margin for the Hawks going into that game is going to be zero since the Saints won that game over the Niners. There's gonna be some Seahawk fans saying, "it doesn't matter, we're gonna roll on New Orleans anyway."
Realistically, New Orleans has a chance. Why wouldn't they? They are a Super Bowl contender and they are a win over the Seahawks away from taking over the driver's seat in the conference. A loss would put us in the same situation as the '09 Vikings, faced with having to beat the Saints in New Orleans in the NFC title game and we all know how that turned out.

I like the Hawks' chances in that game but it's not a slam dunk and it would have been nicer with that margin the Niners would have given us if they had won that game on Sunday.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Playing the Saints will answer some questions; like if the Seahawks can beat a team bound for the playoffs and if they can win a game that they really need to win?

I think they can…and I think they will. But it will not be a blowout, it may be the nail biter that we all hate.

PS. I leave tomorrow on an overseas trip that I’ve cut short, just so that I arrive back Monday AM in time to watch the MNF game. I hope I’ll be able to stay up that late…lol.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I leave tomorrow on an overseas trip that I’ve cut short, just so that I arrive back Monday AM in time to watch the MNF game. I hope I’ll be able to stay up that late…lol.

Scheduled your return date back to the states in order to make it back before kickoff. Now that's pretty hardcore LOL

"Um, sorry, I can't stay til Wednesday. I gotta cut this trip short."

"Why is that?"

"The Hawks are playing tomorrow night."

Gotta like that :p

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Scheduled your return date back to the states in order to make it back before kickoff. Now that's pretty hardcore LOL

"Um, sorry, I can't stay til Wednesday. I gotta cut this trip short."

"Why is that?"

"The Hawks are playing tomorrow night."

Gotta like that :p

I’m actually coming back with my fiancé and I told her I wouldn’t watch the Seahawks for our two weeks while on our vacation. I haven’t explained how the whole bye week in football works yet. ;)

See you when I get back on Monday the 2nd!

Hawks for life!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Turn out the lights the party's over !

saints - play the beast quake video early and often, hawks by 2 TDs

49ers- West cost version of the Giants , as long as they face high school caliber QBs they can win .

Giants- thanks to the NFL for the dress rehearsal we can bury this Manning and dig an extra grave for his brother to go in come February.

Cardinals - is it just me or does that Bruce Ariens look like he drives a primered van with the words " free candy " spray painted on the side

Rams - how great to be a Rams fan when every season comes down to the excitement of a spoiler game and nothing more , lol

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
15 DAYS WITH NO SEAHAWKS!!! Never in my life have I felt like, lets get through this regular season and into the playoffs like I have this year.
The saints game is going to be a playoff-like atmosphere with playoff implications; BEASTQUAKE II.
I think we could go 15-1, this team is that good. Leave no doubt!

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
I think I'm going to leave the country for 2 weeks and get my mind right for the upcoming 5 game March into the playoffs! Go Hawks, stay safe and healthy during thanksgiving!

I'm new to this forum btw thanks for welcoming my thoughts to the group. Great hawks forum!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
With this long of a layoff I hope nobody goes Leroy Hill , plays basketball or gets fat on to much turkey !

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Saints place Starting CB Jabari Greer on IR , his replacement will make his first NFL start this week .

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
That penalty on Ahmad Brooks for his sack on Brees was bogus. That hit was text book for what they now require. I agree with Ray Lewis. If they fine Brooks, they are reducing defenders to less than men. May as well outlaw hits on quarterbacks completely.

Reaction score
That penalty on Ahmad Brooks for his sack on Brees was bogus. That hit was text book for what they now require. I agree with Ray Lewis. If they fine Brooks, they are reducing defenders to less than men. May as well outlaw hits on quarterbacks completely.

Time for a username change.

Top Bottom