• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 nfl draft

Reaction score
Just wait for Carroll to convince the guys to draft USC players. If we don't take at least 1 USC player I'd be surprised. We'll probably also pick up a USC player in free agency.

Reaction score
those mock drafts piss me off.

the guys who put them together, 99% of them didn't watch a single hawks game and really have no idea what their needs are and what direction they might go.

but if Mays is around at 14, I think he'd be a good pick up.

Reaction score
He is a fast Hamlin at best. Not a good pass defender.

#ONE said:
you guys think Mays will fall down to 14?

I know he didn't have a monster year this year, but I think that had to do more with their whole D unit sucking ass this year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I fast Hamlin is a dangerous player.
Id still take Hamin back right now over anyone we have but Grant.

NFL WR will fear Mays. 6'3" 230 lb hard hitting safety. Corners are for covering safeties are for DEFENSE!

Reaction score
szat said:

NFL WR will fear Mays. 6'3" 230 lb hard hitting safety. Corners are for covering safeties are for DEFENSE!
I do think we need a new safety, but I think we need to get more pressure on the opposing QB first. We also need to help block for Hasselbeck. Once we know our new GM we should be able to see what he typically drafts.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
szat said:

I do think we need a new safety, but I think we need to get more pressure on the opposing QB first. We also need to help block for Hasselbeck. Once we know our new GM we should be able to see what he typically drafts.

true... an effective pass rush turns a mediocre secondary into a good one.

are there any DE's worth of a top 15 pick?

Reaction score
#ONE said:
phaZe said:
szat said:

true... an effective pass rush turns a mediocre secondary into a good one.

are there any DE's worth of a top 15 pick?
I know a DT that can bring pressure, but Suh will probably go Top 5.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think our needs in order are:

LT
QB
OL
S
OL
DT
RB

Then maybe some more OL/OT :D

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Just wait for Carroll to convince the guys to draft USC players. If we don't take at least 1 USC player I'd be surprised. We'll probably also pick up a USC player in free agency.

I'd be surprised if PC didn't draft a USC guy too, however, I'm hoping he's intelligent enough to wait for day 2. Maybe if some USC guy drops way down from where he is valued, PC will take him, but I would be surprised if he reached for his 'guys' in the draft.

If anything, he should wait until he's out of the draft (actually in the 7th round) and start calling up his boys and arranging free agent contracts. We should have plenty of PC's USC in camp without wasting draft picks. In fact, we should get a lot of Pac-10 players in camp, and hopefully some sleepers. :geek:

I'd also like to be the first who says keep forsett as starting RB, dump jj. Use Rankin as back up. :D

Draft OL/DL help, maybe Suh won't drop down to us, would the Rams take a 6th and 14th for him? :shock:

Reaction score
a fast Hamlin is just a player that is out of position that much quicker

szat said:

Reaction score
LAhawkFAN said:
phaZe said:

I'd be surprised if PC didn't draft a USC guy too, however, I'm hoping he's intelligent enough to wait for day 2. Maybe if some USC guy drops way down from where he is valued, PC will take him, but I would be surprised if he reached for his 'guys' in the draft.

If anything, he should wait until he's out of the draft (actually in the 7th round) and start calling up his boys and arranging free agent contracts. We should have plenty of PC's USC in camp without wasting draft picks. In fact, we should get a lot of Pac-10 players in camp, and hopefully some sleepers. :geek:

I'd also like to be the first who says keep forsett as starting RB, dump jj. Use Rankin as back up. :D

Draft OL/DL help, maybe Suh won't drop down to us, would the Rams take a 6th and 14th for him? :shock:
Trade JJ and Branch to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick. :D

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Whatever happened to drafting the best player available at the 6 and 14 spot. Lord knows that this team needs help in just about every position known to mankind. We are a 5 - 11 team, 9 - 23 the past two seasons, far from our Division-winning seasons, surpassed by the Cardinals. The ebb and flow of the NFL is very apparent in the Emerald City.

Two picks in the first round with a new head coach is an opportunity to build for the future. Draft the best players on the board. Feel needs through Free Agency. Give Carrol and the new GM room to grow and breath.

And as far as Clausen goes.... Does the name Rick Mirer ring a bell?...Stay away from Clausen like the plague...

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Drafting OL does not work unless they are a monster like Walt or Hutch. It takes 3 or 4 years for a college guy to really get it on the O-line and thats right about when they are looking at free Agency. Plus this years draft is weak on the OL Choices.

Rebuild the O-line thru free agency or trades. Use the draft to get the best guy available.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This depends on what the hawks are trying to accomplish.
If they are in total rebuild mode, then devoloping OL is okay. Also Unger has seemed to come along in his roookie year okay. Still made mistakes but he did better then others.

Reaction score
True but some of his mistakes were HS like mistakes not weird NFL def schemes that he has not seen before. STOP THE A GAP!!!!!!!!!!

szat said:
This depends on what the hawks are trying to accomplish.
If they are in total rebuild mode, then devoloping OL is okay. Also Unger has seemed to come along in his roookie year okay. Still made mistakes but he did better then others.

TopGear

Huddler
Reaction score
I think if Taylor Mays is there at 6 thats who we might take With the 14th I am thinking The best OL on the board, I hope they look hard Mike Iputi from Idaho This Kid is huge, fast and not very well known since he's from Idaho but check him out. If were rebuilding this kid could be a great add.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Gearhart in 2nd eh?

If there isnt a superstar (Su, Oklung) at 6 then I think we should trade that away to get a 1st/2nd round from someone to fill out with guys that we need to include:

Mays
OL men
Gearhart- I think this guy would be our better then bennie wells.
DT ? DE?

QB?

Reaction score
TopGear said:
I think if Taylor Mays is there at 6 thats who we might take With the 14th I am thinking The best OL on the board, I hope they look hard Mike Iputi from Idaho This Kid is huge, fast and not very well known since he's from Idaho but check him out. If were rebuilding this kid could be a great add.
At this point the Seahawks don't need to rebuild. They have the talent in place at a few positions and just need a few more guys to bring it all together. This league is about winning it all in the current season, not about winning it in 5 years. These owners pay too much money to have it wasted.

Top Bottom