• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 NBA Playoffs

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
My Rockets fitna run the tables. It's too bad the Sonics couldn't make it this year. Oh, wait... Oops.

Reaction score
Cole said:
My Rockets fitna run the tables. It's too bad the Sonics couldn't make it this year. Oh, wait... Oops.

Ouch... haha I am still loyal to the team and am an OKC fan... It has been a tough season. I am just sick of Blazer fans. I live in Vancouver when I am not at school, right next to Portland, and all I hear is how the Blazers are the greatest team to ever play the game of basketball... I really hope they get shut out in the first round.

And Cole... I would think twice about running the tables. Lets say you do get the chance of getting past the Lakes, in the finals you got a choice of Cleveland, Boston, or Orlando??? ouch. Although I think Houston does have a good shot at winning, loosing T-Mac will hurt them down the stretch though I think.

Reaction score
I like the Blazers... Brandon Roy is the man.

I think Cleveland takes it all... But I don't know a whole lot about basketball.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:

I think Cleveland takes it all... But I don't know a whole lot about basketball.

I like Brandon Roy, always have, and would somewhat like the team if the fans weren't so obnoxious. Living pretty much in Portland SUCKS if you aren't a Blazer fan, people over there think that the Blazers are gods gift to earth.

OP
C

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
haha I am still loyal to the team and am an OKC fan...

Wow, really? That's admirable.

hawkfanadam said:
And Cole... I would think twice about running the tables. Lets say you do get the chance of getting past the Lakes, in the finals you got a choice of Cleveland, Boston, or Orlando??? ouch. Although I think Houston does have a good shot at winning, loosing T-Mac will hurt them down the stretch though I think.

I know. I'm very skeptical. Albeit, I'm not sure losing T-Mac was a liability. I think he was hurting our chemistry. I was hoping we'd trade him for Vince Carter ( supposedly they were in talks ), but then the bastard had to go and get himself hurt... Anyhoo, we've done very well without him.

Reaction score
Cole said:
hawkfanadam said:
haha I am still loyal to the team and am an OKC fan...

Wow, really? That's admirable.

hawkfanadam said:

I know. I'm very skeptical. Albeit, I'm not sure losing T-Mac was a liability. I think he was hurting our chemistry. I was hoping we'd trade him for Vince Carter ( supposedly they were in talks ), but then the bastard had to go and get himself hurt... Anyhoo, we've done very well without him.

True, although thats like saying you guys are better off than Artest. He doesn't bring good chemistry at all, especially when he was Indiana. But he still drops 20+ points in clutch situations. T-Mac brings more than just points on the board. He may not be ringing in assists, but he is a clutch player, and he would help in the playoffs. Maybe you guys can win a series now that he is hurt though. :lol:

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:

I like Brandon Roy, always have, and would somewhat like the team if the fans weren't so obnoxious. Living pretty much in Portland SUCKS if you aren't a Blazer fan, people over there think that the Blazers are gods gift to earth.

Well they are Portland's only pro sports team...

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:

Well they are Portland's only pro sports team...

Yeah, and they make sure it is known. :lol: Being a sonic fan, it was hell living there. I understand why there were so crazy about it, still was obnoxious.

S

Seattlehawk94

Cole said:
It's too bad the Sonics couldn't make it this year. Oh, wait... Oops.

Dude....STFU....No one here wants to hear that bullshit...

As for rooting for OKC...WTF? HOW? HOW? HOOOOW?

I can't even watch the Jailblazers let alone the NBA and rooting for OKC is unthinkable....When Seattle get's another team I'll watch...Until then...Fuck the NBA...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Cole said:

I can't even watch the Jailblazers let alone the NBA and rooting for OKC is unthinkable....When Seattle get's another team I'll watch...Until then...Fuck the NBA...

Yeah, I wasn't even a huge NBA fan when the Sonics were here.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Cole said:

I am sorry, I absolutely HATE... HATE the front office and Clay "Watch me Seattle, I'm a tool" Bennett. But, I am still loyal to the players, and the team. I can't stop being a fan because they changed cities, all the players are still there, and that is why I watch. I don't watch to see Bennett in the stands, I watch to see Durant hit that clutch three, or westbrook drive in the lane for an easy two, and to watch this young group of kids play ball. That is why I watch, I don't think it's unthinkable.

S

Seattlehawk94

I have NO loyalty to those douchebags...

None of them said a damn thing about the move....None of them cared....Allen, Kemp, or Payton would've stood up or demanded a trade most of these guys weren't in Seattle long and most of them just want a paycheck..

The only guys who said anything were Collison (who I still respect) and Ridnour (who was traded afterwards), I respect them but....Respecting one current member of the roster is no reason to even care in my mind..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
I have NO loyalty to those douchebags...

None of them said a damn thing about the move....None of them cared....Allen, Kemp, or Payton would've stood up or demanded a trade most of these guys weren't in Seattle long and most of them just want a paycheck..

The only guys who said anything were Collison (who I still respect) and Ridnour (who was traded afterwards), I respect them but....Respecting one current member of the roster is no reason to even care in my mind..

Come on! most of those guys on the roster are one and two year starters. They came on to the team when it was already in turmoil. They didn't have enough history, Durant and Green both said that they love the city of Seattle, and would love to stay there, but they understand that it is a business. That is all it is. These are young rookies who had no pro ball games. They weren't with the team long enough. You can't judge anything off that. The two real notables who you mentioned that were vets on the team, did stand up and say something. But come on, you can't expect rookies and players that were on the team for a year, to act like it's the only team they would play for.

S

Seattlehawk94

Loyalty....I don't care how long they played here....They played here...They went to FOKC and didn't say anything...I don't care if I was just drafted like Westbrook...I would ask for a trade rather than go to FOKC...

Shit...Francis didn't want to go to Vancouver and did that....Lindros did that in Quebec..I'd sure ass hell let the world know what I though of FOKC if I played....

Seattle or FOKC....Shit, wouldn't even need a reason to blurt out shit to the media if I was in that situation...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Loyalty....I don't care how long they played here....They played here...They went to FOKC and didn't say anything...I don't care if I was just drafted like Westbrook...I would ask for a trade rather than go to FOKC...

Shit...Francis didn't want to go to Vancouver and did that....Lindros did that in Quebec..I'd sure ass hell let the world know what I though of FOKC if I played....

Seattle or FOKC....Shit, wouldn't even need a reason to blurt out shit to the media if I was in that situation...

That is how players get a bad rep. As a basketball player, you should be humble no matter where you play. Demanding a trade seems selfish and it could hurt them in the future. I have no problem with them not demanding a trade, because if I was in their situation, I would just be happy to play ball wherever I go, they are not old enough to pick and choose (ie.. shaq and kobe)

S

Seattlehawk94

Thing is....None of them would've gotten a bad rep...

Most people around the country were pissed about the move.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Thing is....None of them would've gotten a bad rep...

Most people around the country were pissed about the move.

Im talking about other NBA teams. I wouldn't give them a bad rep.. but other teams would look at that and maybe value them less

Reaction score
To me, the NBA died when the Sonics left. I don't watch the games, I don't read the stories, and I change the channel when they talk about it on Sportscenter. Until that corrupt bastard David Stern is out of the league, and Seattle has another team, I will avoid the NBA like its the black plague.

S

Seattlehawk94

seahawkscott19 said:
To me, the NBA died when the Sonics left. I don't watch the games, I don't read the stories, and I change the channel when they talk about it on Sportscenter. Until that corrupt bastard David Stern is out of the league, and Seattle has another team, I will avoid the NBA like its the black plague.

"

Amen...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
seahawkscott19 said:

"

Amen...

Well I suppose this is where we differ. I still love the game of basketball, and the players I have been cheering for all my life. But when Seattle gets a new team, of course I will root for them as well. But it is hard to loose loyalty to the team you loved all your life, and I know it is hard to admit, but it is still the same team .

Top Bottom