• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

who was to blame for the loss?

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
there many other mistakes made but everyone is focusing on Mare and Seneca.

consider this -

Housh had only 35 yds receiving and he fumbled late in the game when it was our chance to take momentum back

the offensive line routinely let blitzers surge through the pass protection. half the pass plays Wallace was scrambling to buy time for his WRs

two dropped balls by carlson that would have resulted in first downs.

Lawrence Jackson had the TE but lost his balance on 4th and 1 at the goalline as he bit on a play action pass in the 2nd qtr, allowing a very critical TD pass, also allowing chicago to gain momentum and confidence.

in the 3rd, Johnnie Knox juked out LB Aaron Curry for a TD on 3rd and 5. he should have been tackled for a minimal gain. this gave chicago it's first lead of the game.

Deon Grant and Travis Fisher collided into each other and let Devin Hester jog into the endzone for a free TD late in the game.

if ANY ONE OF THESE had not happened, or were just executed better, we could have won the game.

...but everyone wants to blame Wallace and Mare. does this make sense???

the loss was a team effort.

Reaction score
Fisher collided with guys at least 2 times. On the Hester TD and then right after on the 2 PT Conversion.

It's easy for everyone to jump out and say Wallace and Mare were the reason they lost. If anything, the team didn't pull together to win. When one person isn't performing, someone else has to step up and nobody did on offense. Burleson and JJ had big days, but when you only get 1TD out of 98 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving it doesn't help.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, this loss was an Apple Sauceless effort....Dude is dogshit....Know why Nate had so many yards?

Because Apple Sauce doesn't know how to CHECKDOWN and look at other WRs the guy has been in the league how many years? (don't give me any "well he only started Xamount of games")...He's overmatched everytime we take the field and basically is the worst Seahawks QB to start more than one game since Stan Gelbaugh.

We win that game going away if Matthew is playing QB and we win in Frisco if Matthew is playing QB, Apple Sauce is worthless....IF he's sooooooo great, why aren't there teams lining up to trade for him? Most backups who are worth two shits are mentioned in trade talks...Name ONE team that's even THOUGHT of bringing in Apple Sauce.

Dude is not a leader and not a QB...He's Tommy Fucking Frazier playing QB in the NFL....I don't think that mook could even start for most CFL teams let alone a Superbowl contender like we SHOULD be...

If Matthew plays we are 3-0 right now....With Apple Sauce and no real backup if Matthew is out for a long stretch we are back to 4-12...We SHOULD have looked for a backup the last how many years? But we keep sticking with this transvestite looking gutless, armless, brainless shitbag...

I fucking hate Apple Sauce....He's Kordell Stewart minus the homosexuality...

Reaction score
Also should have drafted a LT last year. Now what do we have????
A really old LT that injuries are pilling up on
A OVERRATED and OVERPAID T playing LT that can't stay on the field, and now we got a LT that nobody wanted. WAY TO GO Ruskell :harvey:

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
A OVERRATED and OVERPAID T playing LT that can't stay on the field, and now we got a LT that nobody wanted. WAY TO GO Ruskell :harvey:
Curry in 1st, Unger in 2nd, Butler in 3rd. I don't think there were any worthy tackles after the 3rd round.

Curry/Unger/Butler are going to be big names in the future for the Seahawks.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
Seneca Wallace is a BACKUP QB. and a good one at that. there are 32 teams and he is a top 10 backup.

if you really think he is such a bad qb, then name me TEN backups that you would rather have than Wallace.

here is your big chance to look foolish so don't let me down all you Seneca haters :p

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
i looked through other teams' rosters and i could name maybe 4 backups who i would say are definately better than Wallace in my opinion, and another 4 who i am 'on the fence' about...

but still that's only 8 better backups AT THE MOST.

i would say with Wallace as a backup we are in good shape and instead of BITCHING about him we should be GRATEFUL we HAVE HIM.

i am still waiting for someone to come in and name 10 better backups... cmon someone take the bait!

Reaction score
^^^i agree, Seneca isn't Matt, we as fans are used to his great qb play that is a game changer..we cant expect our back up to be the equalizer, if he was he would be the starter...I admit he missed plays, but the ones he was making our STARTERS were missing on, not a good combination..

Reaction score
To bad the O will be back in the rick mirer era with out a QB or LT
phaZe said:
SeahawkWag said:
Curry in 1st, Unger in 2nd, Butler in 3rd. I don't think there were any worthy tackles after the 3rd round.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
To bad the O will be back in the rick mirer era with out a QB or LT
phaZe said:
SeahawkWag said:

Because we can't add a LT next year :roll:.

S

Seattlehawk94

squirreljack said:
Seneca Wallace is a BACKUP QB. and a good one at that. there are 32 teams and he is a top 10 backup.

if you really think he is such a bad qb, then name me TEN backups that you would rather have than Wallace.

here is your big chance to look foolish so don't let me down all you Seneca haters :p

Foolish is saying he's a "winner"....He's a 4-12 QB...Here's a list of QUARTERBACKS not highpowered RB/PR/WRs who've WON in the NFL that are backups....

Kitna---Led a team to the playoffs
Culpepper---Led a team to the playoffs
Garcia--Led two teams to the playoffs
Volek---Won games whenever called upon to start in both Nashville and the Diego
Anderson---Almost took the Browns to the playoffs, made Pro-Bowl
Brunell--Took 2 teams to playoffs, had best record in NFL in 1999
Batch---Won more than a few for Pissburgh, actually had Lions contending at one time.
Leinhart---Has the talent, just never had been able to take the job from Warner...
Troy Smith---Before Footsteps Flacco took over was going to start after a great end to the 2007 Season
Dogkiller---He's like Applesauce only he's actually WON at the NFL level and taken a team to the playoffs
I'll even say Gross-MAN...He's at least taken a team to the Superbowl.

Every one of those listed has either taken a team to the playoffs or damn close...

Applesauce hasn't done anything besides be a 4-12 starter....Rip on some of the picks but....Every one of those listed were actually WANTED by other teams..

You say "you want to see people look foolish"..

LMAO @ YOU...Daring people to throw it back in your face....Don't bring a knife to a nuclear war...

Here's a list...

Name ONE team that's TRIED to trade for Apple Sauce? Then name backups now starting that people have traded for just to be starting QBs..I'll even give you the first one..

Matt Cassel...

There are more...Don't be shy...I want to see you look even more foolish than you look now.. :lol:

S

Seattlehawk94

So would I....At least he has some form of potential... :lol:

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
well holy shit... NOBODY offered to trade for Seneca Wallace... he must suck then, huh?

...or maybe it's because he wasn't on the 'trade block'!!!

half the quarterbacks you mentioned haven't had a good season since Guitar Hero was invented...

kitna? culpepper? brunell? i think i've heard of those guys... weren't they in TecmoBowl? have fun trying to find someone to agree with you on that...

didn't the Bears basically TELL THE WORLD that they would have a better chance at winning the superbowl by... oh... i don't know... GETTING RID OF GROSSMAN?!?

and leinart??? "just never had been able to take the job from warner"??? ya think??? if you mean in the same way that a retarded ape that shits on himself "never had been able to take the job from warner" then i guess i agree.

S

Seattlehawk94

trade block

Do give me the LIST of this mythical "trade block" of which you speak? Waiting....Asked about it earlier...

half the quarterbacks you mentioned haven't had a good season since Guitar Hero was invented...

Guitar Hero 2005:

Kitna: Played in the NFL Playoffs in 2006
Culpepper: 2005 playoffs
Garcia: 2007 Playoffs
Volek: Led team to AFC Championship Game with win in 2008 Playoffs
Anderson: 2008 Pro Bowl
Brunell: 2006 Playoffs
Gross-Man--Superbowl XLI 2007
Batch: 2 Superbowl Rings, Won every game he's started for Pissburgh since 2005.
Leinhart: Never given chances, always had Warner looking over his shoulder and never was allowed to make mistakes, didn't join the league until after Guitar Hero was already a best seller..
Troy Smith: Before Flacco was on pace to be a starter in 2008

So yep....Wrong....

weren't they in Tecmo Bowl

Nope....Tecmo Bowl came out in 1990, so none of those listed were even in college at that time except Brunell who was a Freshman...

Trade Block....Please...Post?

EPIC Fail..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
it sounds to me like you're just trying to convince yourself...

...so... keep trying.

Reaction score
I've never seen so much animosity towards a back up QB... We just have to find ways to use his atletisism... He's not a pocket passer and never will be.

S

Seattlehawk94

squirreljack said:
it sounds to me like you're just trying to convince yourself...

...so... keep trying.

LOL

Must be nice to have stats thrown in your face and dismiss them....Facts suck don't they?

Trade block? :lol:

Don't argue stats with me, it's like bringing a slingshot to a nuclear war... :lol:

Top Bottom