• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What needs to change?

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
offensive line obviously sucks. i've been saying that for weeks. they sucked ass for Seneca making him look bad and now Matt is running for his life. and to top it off, we can't push a hole open for your RBs. hopefully the Damion McIntosh signing helps since he has at least been a starter most of his career.

injuries DO have a lot to do with it. no GM or head coach plans ahead for having 4 out of their 5 starting Offensive Linemen out.

would be good to see Forsett get more carries. Jones is average, and always will be - and Edge just plain sucks. i always liked Forsett. he reminds me of Ahman Green when we had him. a little quick guy who packs a punch and makes plays.

S

Seattlehawk94

Forsett is just like Green...They both have a bad case of fumbleitus...

As for the injury thing....I'm done with hearing about it...Teams have depth for that reason, our GM is too damn stupid to think about getting depth at OL when he can always pickup a midget to play CB in the first or second rounds..

Little Ruskell needs to go...

Reaction score
To be fair we've been hit really hard at one position... There's not a team out there with a capable 4th string LT. And constant shuffling on the O-line makes it really tough, the best O-lines are the ones that have been together for a while. I guarantee 2 of our first 4 picks are offensive linemen... God I hate thinking about the draft in October.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, but there are teams out there who know coming into a season when they are getting older and start to address it....I think some people thought Walt could play forever or something...

We keep getting younger on defense...and smaller....Yet we don't even look at bringing in line guys when we knew it was a problem SINCE 2006!

Reaction score
If we miss the playoffs again I'm sure Paul Allen will let Ruskell's contract expire. Then he'll bring him Holmgren.

Reaction score
Actually if anything I think we got bigger on defense this year... Colin Cole is one of the biggest dudes on defense, Cory Redding is a big DE or a small DT... Havent been paying too much attention to where he's been playing, and Ken Lucas is pretty big for a CB especially compared to the other guys we have out there.

As for our draft this year EVERYONE even you 94 were surprized at how well Ruskell did. Now a month into the season and we're calling for the dude's head? And I know I said fire Mora, I didn't mean that. I like the guy and I don't think it's his fault. But Ruskell just had probably his best draft as our GM. I don't see him going anywhere for the near future. If we can see that the O-line is our biggest issue the GM of this team sure as hell sees it and he'll address it this off season. For now there's not much we can do. If anything will open his eyes as to the importance of offensive line play it's how this season has gone so far.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think you just have to look at the guy's first rounders who *should* be the core of our team now:
  1. Spencer - We just drafted his replacement after only 4 years.[/*:m:11r3i1d6]
  2. Jennings - No explanation needed.[/*:m:11r3i1d6]
  3. (Branch) - Again, no explanation needed.[/*:m:11r3i1d6]
  4. Lawrence Jackson - Could be good, but largely average so far. You could argue that the Cardinal's Calais Campbell is better and was taken later on.[/*:m:11r3i1d6]
  5. Aaron Curry - Should be a fantastic player, but Ruskell doesn't get any credit because any moron that could read a pointless mock draft would know to take him.[/*:m:11r3i1d6]

Do you see consistently good teams squandering their first round picks? No. Conversely, you do see teams that mess up their first round picks constantly in the hole (i.e. Detroit).

So based solely on his first round picks, I give Ruskell a fail. Cut him loose.

OP
squirreljack

squirreljack

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah, just like last year - we have been hit really hard at ONE position.

Cory Redding is listed at 295ish but he sure doesn't look that big... i've only seen him playing DE though...

who cares about getting bigger on D? our D is ok, if anything we need to improve our pass D.

at this point i would rather see a fumble here and there if it meant Forsett can spark the offense. he's averaging over 5 yards a carry and several times already he's broken big plays that should have been dead plays, despite the shitty O Line play. let him get some NFL game experience and maybe that'll help with any fumbling problem, if he has one.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I think you just have to look at the guy's first rounders who *should* be the core of our team now:
  1. Spencer - We just drafted his replacement after only 4 years.[/*:m:3tv6epgw]
  2. Jennings - No explanation needed.[/*:m:3tv6epgw]
  3. (Branch) - Again, no explanation needed.[/*:m:3tv6epgw]
  4. Lawrence Jackson - Could be good, but largely average so far. You could argue that the Cardinal's Calais Campbell is better and was taken later on.[/*:m:3tv6epgw]
  5. Aaron Curry - Should be a fantastic player, but Ruskell doesn't get any credit because any moron that could read a pointless mock draft would know to take him.[/*:m:3tv6epgw]

Do you see consistently good teams squandering their first round picks? No. Conversely, you do see teams that mess up their first round picks constantly in the hole (i.e. Detroit).

So based solely on his first round picks, I give Ruskell a fail. Cut him loose.

So you want to replace him with the dude that drafted Jeramy Stevens? :roll:

It's one of those tough situations where you look at the body of work (like you just did) and see a not so impressive track record. But you always hear the cliche' that the NFL is a league of "what have you done lately?" and Ruskell had a very good offseason... Yeah Curry was an easy pick. But what about getting an extra first round pick for this next year's draft? And trading up to get Butler. I'm sure we'd all agree we're happy with those decisions. I mean every one of our draft picks except for the sfaety out of Rutgers... His name was Courtney Greene I think. Made the team. That's a good job of drafting IMO. Just playing devil's advocate here.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Care to point out where in my post I said I wanted Ruskell replaced with Holmgren? Although, all our success was with Holmgren built teams. At least Stevens helped get us to a Super Bowl. What has Kelly Jennings done?

And you are right. The NFL is "what have you done for me lately?" So what has Ruskell done for us lately? That draft was 6 months ago. That's not lately. 2-4. That's lately.

Reaction score
Well being that we'd all kill Ruekell for trading away draft picks I think it's probably good he didn't make any moves at the deadline. And if you're not making trades how's any GM supposed to make any noise after the draft? Pretty much after that it's just a bunch of little siginings such as Brandon Frye.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why would we have killed Ruskell for trading away draft picks? Because we have such gaping holes that he has failed to address in the past so we need all the picks we can get?

I am not saying the guy's the worst GM out there, but nothing has really indicated to me that he is a good one either. He's had 5 years and we are far behind where we were when he took over.

S

Seattlehawk94

squirreljack said:
yeah, just like last year - we have been hit really hard at ONE position.

Cory Redding is listed at 295ish but he sure doesn't look that big... i've only seen him playing DE though...

who cares about getting bigger on D? our D is ok, if anything we need to improve our pass D.

at this point i would rather see a fumble here and there if it meant Forsett can spark the offense. he's averaging over 5 yards a carry and several times already he's broken big plays that should have been dead plays, despite the shitty O Line play. let him get some NFL game experience and maybe that'll help with any fumbling problem, if he has one.

Who cares? Um....I do, the fact that OLers are pushing the DL back on most plays..The fact that our CBs are midgets and let guys like Fitz outreach them on almost every play...The fact that we can't stop ANYONE except other smallish teams is a joke..

"if he has one"...

Did you to Training Camp? He fumbled left and right....On the 5 days I was there I kept tabs on every play and "Forsett Fumbled" happened every 1 time in 3 carries....Most people were laughing about an hour into one of the practices, "Fumblelina" was one of the names used..

As for the 5YPC...Broussard averaged that too...As a scatback, which is what JF is...He's too damn small to play everydown..

Reaction score
94-
Barry Sanders also was too small to play every down on a weak OL. Sometimes size doesn't mean anything unless you're a lineman. If you're fast and have a vision for holes you can get by. The thing I like about Forsett (not saying he is our guy) is that he is small- defenders miss him easily when he gets behind that line. If he could just find a hole I think he could do somethings.

S

Seattlehawk94

You actually put Barry Sanders into the mix? He's special and the Detroit OL was actually very good up until his last season...

Reaction score
Barry Sanders had a hell of a lot talent...Forsett doesn't. We can all hope he is a sleeper pick, but I doubt it.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett has a ton of heart but takes some big hits, I think he wouldnt do well as a every downer. I think coaches are playing him correctly.

S

Seattlehawk94

As phaZe said, Barry's wasn't "heart" it was pure talent...Dude won the Heisman and was probably the greatest RB since Jim Brown.

Heart had nothing to do with it....In fact the guy was kinda flakey in terms of records and wins/losses...He really didn't care about the game....

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Why would we have killed Ruskell for trading away draft picks? Because we have such gaping holes that he has failed to address in the past so we need all the picks we can get?

I am not saying the guy's the worst GM out there, but nothing has really indicated to me that he is a good one either. He's had 5 years and we are far behind where we were when he took over.

Well if you want him to draft for depth trading away picks isn't the way to do that. I know I sound like I'm defending the guy... Truth is I'm not sure if I want him to go or not... I'm (like I said before) playing devil's advocate.

Top Bottom