• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Weaver's Free Agent Report

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree, I'd love to have him back but he isn't worth the BIG BUCKS, at least not for us, I'd be more happy having Schmitt starting than over paying Weaver to stay

Reaction score
Weaver can't block as good as Schmitt. Weaver has actually said that Schmitt has helped him block better. Schmitt has a lot of potential and I'd rather keep Schmitt instead of having to throw out the big bucks for Weaver.

Reaction score
I think that Weaver will be back. He said pretty openly in interviews last season that he wants to be back and thinks he will. His agent will say otherwise of course because that is his job as an agent.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If possible, I say we hold on to him. He is deadly on the little swing passes and runs like da' bus (2 TDs at SF) but it also depends on the run style. If we go up the gut and play smash mouth maybe all we need is Schmidt; showed lots of promise last year.

Reaction score
We have a better blocker in schmidt and he can catch the ball to. Plus he makes WAY less $$$ than weaver. How many teams pay FB the big $$$?

Bye weaver

Idahawk

Reaction score
Don't pay Weaver big bucks as a full back...pay him big bucks as a Running back.

If mo leaves then we have the need ....Weaver has way more upside then Duckett...Weaver has played T.E , F.B. and can be a powerfull R.B. much like Brandon Jacobs in NY...plus you have a utility player that can play many positions, a value for what you would pay him.

If weaver and Mo Mo are gone...don't expect much of a running game..they were our running game last year..

Reaction score
JJ led the team in rushing yards. I think he will be better if he knows he is the guy and doesn't have to worry about anything other then playing the game.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Following this line of thought.
I think most would agree we are crowded in our back field.
JJ, Mo, Weavs, F!@#it Duckett, Schmidt, Forrsett.
I think we'll see one or two cuts this OS.

To me Ideally we'd loose JJ and the big contract but likely Weaver and or Mo will be lost to FA.

Idahawk

Reaction score
JJ and Ducket as our 1-2 punch ..won't scare anybody... Other teams have " thunder and lighting ' and " earth wind and fire " and we have " Gamble and Whoops " thanks to Ruskell

who signs a guy like JJ to that kind of deal..he should have gotten a year tops...and because there Ruskell's guys we will have to suffer...I just hope Forsett or or new RB will beat him out for the job...Holmgren had it right by keeping JJ on the bench. Or maybe he will have that one break out season like his brother did :roll: thats worth it :?:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude I like ducket... not that big of cap hit, gets conversions when we need them.
I love when we have 3 and 4 and 2. His conversion rate was very high.
He had some fumblies early on but that was like pre-season and early early on right?

Reaction score
szat said:
Dude I like ducket... not that big of cap hit, gets conversions when we need them.
I love when we have 3 and 4 and 2. His conversion rate was very high.
He had some fumblies early on but that was like pre-season and early early on right?

Exactly Duckett and Taylor!

Top Bottom