• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We got Gus Bradley as DC and Joe Barry LBs

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well guys its offical we have hired Gus Bradley as our new D.C. and get a former D.C Joe Barry as our new linebackers coach

I posted a little about Barry in another thread but everything I've read says that he's a bright new up coming coach and should give us a big spark for the up-coming season

Joe Barry is the former detroit lions D.C. and will be our linebackers coach..I know nothing about the guy , but if he was a D.C. and has that kind of background ..he should do great with our talented Linebackers.

HollywoodHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't we also get Dan Quinn as our Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Line Coach today?

Dan Quinn - Former Jets defensive line coach (2007-08) was one of the more sought-after assistant coaches on the market and drew interest from multiple teams. Two years coaching the Miami Dolphins’ defensive line (2005-06) and as a defensive coach for four years with the San Francisco 49ers (2001-2004).

So we got WR Mike Hass on Jan 7, OC Greg Knapp on Jan 8, LBC Joe Barry on Jan 10, AHC/DLC Dan Quinn on Jan 10 and DC Casey "Gus" Bradley on Jan 10 as well.

Not a bad week and I am looking forward to the changes from 2008.

Reaction score
Hollywood-
More changes will be coming also. We still need to work on the offense assistants. Mike Solari is the only one that Ruskell has said will be back as of now.

Reaction score
Getting the Lions Defensive Coordinator really isn't something to be proud of. Pretty much every team was able to walk all over their defense. All the QBs had incredible ratings, yards and TDs as well as those teams run game.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Getting the Lions Defensive Coordinator really isn't something to be proud of. Pretty much every team was able to walk all over their defense. All the QBs had incredible ratings, yards and TDs as well as those teams run game.

I know...its seems like a stupid move....but my point was that he has been a DC and that counts for a lot in my book... He will only have a handful of players to manage , and certainly can't hide if the LB's don't perform

HollywoodHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
While in Tampa Bay (2001-07), Joe Barry, helped the Buccaneers defense to a Top-5 NFL ranking four times, including the top-overall ranking in 2002 and 2005. Linebackers under Barry were named to the Pro Bowl seven times.

Reaction score
HollywoodHawk said:
While in Tampa Bay (2001-07), Joe Barry, helped the Buccaneers defense to a Top-5 NFL ranking four times, including the top-overall ranking in 2002 and 2005. Linebackers under Barry were named to the Pro Bowl seven times.
That makes him seem a lot better. Of course the Lions had really bad players all around.

HollywoodHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah phaZe, I felt the same when I first read about Barry's past with Detroit. I was thinking, wasn't TR gonna turn the coaching staff into the Seattle Falconeers? Well, he is!!! Joe Berry and Casey "Gus" Bradley from Tampa and Greg Knapp and Mora from Atlanta. And I'm sure a couple more to come this week.

So far, I can't complain.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
All for the best...marshall and haskell and the whole group quit on mike last year..." Oh Mike your quitting what are we gonna do now ..our gravy train has derailed "

Look at 3 of the 4 teams left in the playoffs....Tomlin is Young, Whisenhunt young, Harbaugh young..... Reed is older ..ok he's old....but young blood can get it done. i want to see this team get tough and play tough

Reaction score
Look the defensive coordinator isn't going to have many duties. Mora is a defensive minded guy and that's why I think Marinelli didn't come to Seattle. Basically this guy will help Mora. Mora will have the final say just like Holmgren did with the offense. I think this is to get the guy situated with the coordinating job in the NFL.

Top Bottom