• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TJ a real Seahawk?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Hate seeing shit like this from our players old or new. I know it doesn't feel good to lose, but damn article made me a bit sick. We will see where he stands at the end of the season, but atm I don't see him working well with a rookie QB if we go a different direction.

Reaction score
Everybody wants to win. T.J. is saying that if he would have known the Seahawks would be 3-6 and the Vikings would be 8-1, he'd rather have signed with the Vikings. I don't blame him for saying that either.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Honestly, though, if Vikings didn't have that jackass Favre, they would not be 8-1. I don't think the Jets had even released Favre when Housh made the decision to sign here.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like his honesty, of course he'd like to be on a winning team with a legend at QB!
But I truely think He'll give seattle (or any team) his best every game. A little attitude on this team is not going divide our locker room, I think in can spur them alittle too.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
This is like the third time I have seen that he has said something about making a bad descision. Personnaly I have not seen him do anything that impresses me. I love Butler and Burleson. Trade Branch and T.J, for 2nd or 3rd round pics and rebuild! This team needs to get bigger on Defense, draft a Franchise QB that Matthew can help along and reshape the Offensive line thru Free Agency.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
This is like the third time I have seen that he has said something about making a bad descision. Personnaly I have not seen him do anything that impresses me. I love Butler and Burleson. Trade Branch and T.J, for 2nd or 3rd round pics and rebuild! This team needs to get bigger on Defense, draft a Franchise QB that Matthew can help along and reshape the Offensive line thru Free Agency.
He leads the team in receptions, yards and is tied with 3 TDs. There is no reason to trade T.J. at all... :roll:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Werent two of the T.D's and the majority of yards in one game? Take away the Cards game and I think, that he is behind butler and Burleson. Not looking up stats, it just seems that he has not done much of anything with the exception of the cards game last week.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Werent two of the T.D's and the majority of yards in one game? Take away the Cards game and I think, that he is behind butler and Burleson. Not looking up stats, it just seems that he has not done much of anything with the exception of the cards game last week.
TD wise, the same can be said for Burleson. Both T.J. and Burleson had 2 TDs in that game.

Butler has about 5-10 receptions (without looking it up) and T.J. will probably have over 55 after the Vikings game.

Edit: - Stats after Vikings Game:

Deon Butler: 7 receptions, 64 yards, 0 TDs
Nate Burleson: 51 receptions, 662 yards, 3 TDs (6 Receptions, 100 yards in today's game)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: 54 receptions, 618 yards, 3 TDs (4 Receptions, 36 yards in today's game)

Both Burleson and Houshmandzadeh will probably have 80-85 receptions and 1,000 yards at the end of the season. Maybe 5 TDs a piece at best, but those are just going off their averages.

Reaction score
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: "You can call it a step backwards, say we turned the corner and hit a U-turn, whatever you want to say. We just played terrible today. I didn't break a sweat probably until like 5 minutes left the game."
-Seattle Times

Take it however you want... either the coaches aren't calling the right plays or the guys are quitting. No matter what it points to several factors:
1-Managment- They are going after guys who only give half until they want to. Not giving it their all during the game.
2- Coaches- Not pushing them to give it their all the full 60-minutes.
3- Players- Not giving it their all commitment and everything until they want.

No matter what this equation can only spell disaster throughout the season. That quote by TJ hurts me to look at it. Why didn't he give it his all throughout the game? Was it cause the offense was only on the field for a few minutes here and there? If so whose fault is that? Coaches for not calling the right plays or players for not executing them right? No matter what I see this team in shambles and it's not looking good.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: "You can call it a step backwards, say we turned the corner and hit a U-turn, whatever you want to say. We just played terrible today. I didn't break a sweat probably until like 5 minutes left the game."
-Seattle Times

Take it however you want... either the coaches aren't calling the right plays or the guys are quitting. No matter what it points to several factors:
1-Managment- They are going after guys who only give half until they want to. Not giving it their all during the game.

No matter what this equation can only spell disaster throughout the season. That quote by TJ hurts me to look at it. Why didn't he give it his all throughout the game? Was it cause the offense was only on the field for a few minutes here and there? If so whose fault is that? Coaches for not calling the right plays or players for not executing them right? No matter what I see this team in shambles and it's not looking good.
The Hawk's offense was barely on the field...I'd be surprised if anyone on offense was tired.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
-Seattle Times

The Hawk's offense was barely on the field...I'd be surprised if anyone on offense was tired.

Exactly!! Seen this over and over and over and over the last 3 years, our D stays in the game for the 1st/2nd quarter, offense absolutely gets manhandled and is 3 and out every time, defense gets tired, looses heart. BLOW OUT!
I saw this week, no run game, medicore QB play, bad play call, ok OL play.
Minnesota is one of the biggest most dominate defenses though, and we didnt match up well.
Im really suprised we didnt exploit the gaps in there secondary though.

Reaction score
szat said:
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
-Seattle Times

Exactly!! Seen this over and over and over and over the last 3 years, our D stays in the game for the 1st/2nd quarter, offense absolutely gets manhandled and is 3 and out every time, defense gets tired, looses heart. BLOW OUT!
I saw this week, no run game, medicore QB play, bad play call, ok OL play.
Minnesota is one of the biggest most dominate defenses though, and we didnt match up well.
Im really suprised we didnt exploit the gaps in there secondary though.
That's the problem. Knapp doesn't seem to want to go down the field the first time with just passes. Get a rhythm going, let the defense get some rest. Don't run the ball 2 times, then throw it on 3rd down. It also doesn't help when the Seahawks use their hurry up. They need to take more time off the clock and extend drives. We have seen it several times this season and last year, the longer the defense is on the field the worse they get.

Top Bottom