• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time for a change!

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
After going down 17-0 to the lions, we will probably still win because matthew will not let us lose. BUT:

It is pretty clear that Mora has lost this team! They are not playing for him. This upcoming off season opens up some chances for big changes in Seattle.

1. There are some big name coaching free agents out there.
a. Holmy...Our next GM I think
b. Gruden...My choice for new head coach
c. Shanahan...would be nice, but he is too nice. This team needs a coach that will kick there asses.
d. Bill Cowher....Dont see the guy that stole our Super bowl here in Seattle
e. Brian Billick....Long shot
f. Tony Dungy.....Again too soft, and probably going to stay retired for a while.

2. Two first round pickS. I say trade our top five pick for a late round number 1 and a round 3 pick. with the broncos pick that gives us 5 picks in the first three rounds. We have to draft...

a. Franchise QB that Matthew can groom for a year. (Jake Locker) Home Grown Seahawk!!
b. We have got to build an O-line that can give us a run game. We have to replace Walt!
c. Is there a running back out there that is not afraid to get hit? No more finesse, give me a smash
mouth ground game.
d. Is it possible to draft a corner that is taller than 5-10, or how about a couple safeties that actually can cover?

3. NO SALARY CAP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WITH OUR OWNERS WALLET, THERE IS NO DEAL WE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE. BUILD AN O-LINE GIVE US A RUNNING GAME! It is not a coincidence that once we lost Hutch, we began to suck! We need a guard with 3 or 4 years of experience.

a. Jahri Evans, Saints (26) Jahri Evans is an outstanding run-blocking linemen.
b. Logan Mankins, Patriots (27) very consistent This guy brings Championship experience.

HELL I SAY SIGN BOTH OF THEM! ONE ON THE LEFT, ONE ON THE RIGHT!

Reaction score
IMO Jake locker is not ready
not even close

if we drafted a LT 2 yrs ago like I thought we'd be way bette off than now.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
not even close

We can draft our needs in the upcoming draft. Walter Jones wants to come back one more year so if he can pass his physical and stay healthy we should be fine. That would allow Jones to work with the rookie and help him prepare for 2011.

Reaction score
2. Two first round pickS. I say trade our top five pick for a late round number 1 and a round 3 pick. with the broncos pick that gives us 5 picks in the first three rounds. We have to draft...

step away from the phone then http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php
a 5th pick overall is worth 1700pts

1700 should equal a late first lets say 680, their 2nd 310, 3rd 136 ....etc
if you trade a top 5 pick you better friken get the equality back!

2 first and a 2nd or 2 higher 1st rounders like a 16 and 25. It is so obvious they should have traded down this year and got Oher and another CB that has grown since they were 12, or a QB or even a RB last year! Now they are another year behind and the LT crop is crap this year followed by possibly the most overrated QB crop in a while.

Reaction score
a good GM would have done that last year. I will say what I said last season again..... Walt is done. You can't keep saying 'we rolled he dice and were wrong BUT maybe the old guy can come back next year'
We just keep doing that and we will keep collecting high draft picks.

phaZe said:
SeahawkWag said:
not even close

We can draft our needs in the upcoming draft. Walter Jones wants to come back one more year so if he can pass his physical and stay healthy we should be fine. That would allow Jones to work with the rookie and help him prepare for 2011.

Reaction score
Larry Johnson was released by the Chiefs...I don't care if he said "fag" or whatever "gay slur" he said.

We should bring him in and see what he has. After all, Ruskell likes old players.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Larry Johnson was released by the Chiefs...I don't care if he said "fag" or whatever "gay slur" he said.

We should bring him in and see what he has. After all, Ruskell likes old players.

no

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
not even close

This is why I always say that I dont like drafting O-Line unless there is a beast available. It takes 2 or 3 years for guys to get it on the O-line. Better use free Agency to pick up guys that are 3 or 4 years in the league. Still young and hungry!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
SeahawkWag said:
not even close

This is why I always say that I dont like drafting O-Line unless there is a beast available. It takes 2 or 3 years for guys to get it on the O-line. Better use free Agency to pick up guys that are 3 or 4 years in the league. Still young and hungry!

Instead we got Lawerance Jackson and... forget who else.. Carlson?

We did get Max this year and he has done well. Without a doubt we'll be using at least one 1st pick this year for top OL. Im glad we are getting Locklear back. Besides Wahle, and Jones, we are back to form.
I think we will see a more competative team this week, but Cards are lights out right now!

Reaction score
ESPN stock

How I See It: NFC West Stock Watch

November 10, 2009 11:00 AM

» NFC Stock Watch: East | West | North | South » AFC: East | West | North | South

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Falling

Mora
3. Jim Mora, Seahawks coach. Seattle's performance in falling behind the Lions by 17 points at home suggested Mora's harsh words for the team failed to gain traction following a blowout defeat at Dallas a week earlier. That seems like a bad sign. Yes, Seattle is learning new systems on both sides of the ball. Yes, the team has dealt with significant injuries this season. That's life in the NFL. The Lions are also learning new systems. They are even breaking in a rookie quarterback (the Lions probably would have won that game if Daunte Culpepper had been the quarterback). The Seahawks were as healthy for this game as they've been all season. Falling behind 17-0 at home to the laughable Lions is simply inexcusable. Perhaps this is the week Seattle responds to Mora's challenges.

Rising

Hawthorne
2. David Hawthorne, Seahawks LB. Lofa Tatupu's legacy as a middle linebacker remains secure in Seattle. He was a three-time Pro Bowl choice and the key addition to a defense that helped the Seahawks reach Super Bowl XL following the 2005 season. Hawthorne has somehow outperformed Tatupu when given chances this season. That's a tremendous credit to Hawthorne. With Tatupu on injured reserve, Hawthorne picked off two passes against the Lions. He had two sacks against Dallas the previous week. He had a 16-tackle game against the Bears earlier in the season. The Seahawks will need to find a place for Hawthorne beyond this season if he builds on what is already an impressive start to his career.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sanda can suck a nut, and anyone else for that matter that chooses to bail on a head coach and team in by week 9 in their first season.

Cole = NT

Hell yeah, anyway we can get Heater in the game full time.!

Reaction score
szat said:
Sanda can suck a nut, and anyone else for that matter that chooses to bail on a head coach and team in by week 9 in their first season.

Cole = NT

Hell yeah, anyway we can get Heater in the game full time.!
It makes since for the Hawks to go to a 3-4. It's like what Mora keeps saying, you need to use all the talent you have. Using our 4 good LBs is a very good idea.

Reaction score
Problem with a 3-4 switch is we don't have a true big body to clug up the middle and our ends aren't that fast enough to get around on double-blocking. Trust me with our LB core side the 3-4 works out, but the d-line itself doesn't match up for a 3-4.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Problem with a 3-4 switch is we don't have a true big body to clug up the middle and our ends aren't that fast enough to get around on double-blocking. Trust me with our LB core side the 3-4 works out, but the d-line itself doesn't match up for a 3-4.

You dont think Cole got the mass to be a NT?

Wouldnt happen this year for sure, we are way deep at DL.
Thats alot of roster spots.

Reaction score
Cole might have the size, but face it Packers switched to the 3-4 why didn't they keep him if he could be the anchor in the 3-4?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well it wasnt becuase they didnt like his dreadlocks 'see Al Harris'.

Dont think they 3-4 is working for them without Cole.

But good point.

Reaction score
your DE NEED to be able to pass rush and stop the run equally. I think our DE's are pass rush guys and they aint good at that either :pissed:

Top Bottom