• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Brat-o-meter

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Mike Sando’s notes this morning about dropped passes and what constitutes a drop on his NFC West blog at ESPN.com got me thinking about Bob Bratkowski.
Well, that thought process actually began yesterday while compiling information about the Falcons, because Bratkowski is the QB coach in Atlanta – and the Falcons play the Seahawks on Sunday at CenturyLink Field. Bratkowski was the offensive coordinator on Dennis Erickson’s Seahawks staff from 1995-97 and had been the wide receivers coach from 1993-94 on Tom Flores’ staff.
What does that have to do with dropped passes? On Mondays, John Clayton, then the beat guy for the News Tribune, and I would double-check our drop totals from the previous day with Bratkowski.
One week, he had one more than we did. So I said, “You can’t mean that pass where (fill in the blank) contorted his body and almost made a great catch.”
Bratkowski’s deadpan response: “You get your hands on a ball in this league, you make the catch.”
My immediate though: “Wow, this guy grades tougher than we do.”
Since that day, that has been my gauge for judging whether a pass was actually dropped.
According to Sando’s calculations – and criteria – the Seahawks have only one drop. That’s the lowest total in the NFC West and ties them with the Patriots for the fewest in the league.

b.gif
nSZxBnjLBjE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom