• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Talks between Patriots/Seahawks -- Possible Branch Trade

Reaction score
The Patriots are good at ripping off other teams, so I doubt the Seahawks will get anything below a 5th rounder.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Fenom;50845 said:
The Patriots are good at ripping off other teams, so I doubt the Seahawks will get anything below a 5th rounder.

5 rounder would still be fine. I'm saying since we don't have any middle round picks, it'd be nice to snag whatever we can even in the late rounds. Pretty trusting in Schnieder and Carroll when it comes to late round picks. It's better than Branch walking away, and the Seahawks getting nothing out of it comes seasons end.

Reaction score
RockOutWithYourHawkOut;50846 said:
5 rounder would still be fine. I'm saying since we don't have any middle round picks, it'd be nice to snag whatever we can even in the late rounds. Pretty trusting in Schnieder and Carroll when it comes to late round picks. It's better than Branch walking away, and the Seahawks getting nothing out of it comes seasons end.
I guess Brady wants Branch back and he has talked to him about it. Hopefully that means the Seahawks will get more than a 5th.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Fenom;50847 said:
I guess Brady wants Branch back and he has talked to him about it. Hopefully that means the Seahawks will get more than a 5th.

I can't see him going for anything less than a 5th rounder. Moss went for a 3rd and the gap between both of their skill levels is pretty significant.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
A 5th rounder? I am doubtful that the Pats would give that up. New England likes to stock pile draft picks, even the late round ones. This would be a salary dump, plain and simple. If we want to compete for the division title with the resurgent Rams and the 49ers (Who will be back and win at least 8 games), we are going to have to have Branch fully healthy and contributing. Hasselbeck isn't good enough to make up for a lack of wide receivers as it is.

I am not saying that Branch is elite, I am just saying he is better than the alternative, he is even better than what we would get in the 5th round. I say we keep him and make a run at this thing. Once you get to the playoffs anything is possible.

Top Bottom