• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tale of the Tape Playoff Edition: VS The Aint's....

S

Seattlehawk94

It's PLAYOFF TIME folks....Time to put the numbers in the machine and pull out a winner....This is a very scientific poll and has come up right more than wrong since we've started it in 2006...

So without further adieu...Here is TOTT's FIRST (of many...I hope) 2011 Playoff Edition....

Population:
Seattle: 3,344,813 (14th)
New Orleans: 1,235,650 (51st)

Winner: Seattle, growing and should be in the Top-20 by the next time those annoying idiots knock at your door in 2020...

Name:
Seattle: Named after a local Duwamish chief named Sealth. His grave on Bainbridge Island looks at his namesake city.
New Orleans: Regent of France Phillip II, Duke of Orleans, France.

Winner: Seattle, Mr. Orleans married his cousin....Maybe he should've had his namesake town in West Virginia...

Nickname:
Seattle: Emerald City
New Orleans: The Big Easy

Winner: Seattle....Did they name it the "Big Easy" after the women Joe Francis and "Girls Gone Wild" "filmed" during Mardi Gras?

Sports Teams:
Seattle: Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders
New Orleans: Saints, Hornets

Winner: Seattle..The Big Easy's aren't going to see MLB ever may lose the Hornets, and aren't in the discussion for NHL like we are...

Sports Teams Lost:
Seattle: 2-Supersonics, Pilots
New Orleans: Jazz

Winner: New Orleans....Like I always say...Losing ONE sports team can't make you a "winner" in this category but....Like I said also above...They might lose the Hornets as well soon so....

Championships:
Seattle: 2-Mets won 1917 Stanley Cup, Supersonics won 1979 NBA Finals.
New Orleans: 1-Saints won Superbowl XLIV

Winner: Seattle...Though most people here couldn't name ONE player on that Stanley Cup team...Actually alot of idiots I've talked to either DON'T KNOW we won a Cup or if they did tell me about it LIKE I DON'T....

Notable Landmarks:
Seattle: Space Needle, Columbia Center, EMP
New Orleans: French Quarter

Winner: Seattle, New Orleans has some great old buildings but....In most of that town you can't stray off the beaten path due to HUGE crime numbers...

Beer:
Seattle: Pyramid, Redhook, Hale's Ales
New Orleans: Barq's Root Beer---it was invented there..

Winner: Seattle...NOLA really doesn't have a signature brewery...

Cuisine:
Seattle: Raw Oysters, Red Mill Burgers, Salmon, Crab
New Orleans: Raw Oysters, Cajun cusine

Winner: New Orleans, they've got some good seafood (well, pre-oil spill) and some excellent spicy Cajun food....Look at all the chefs that come from there...

People:
Seattle: Erika Christiansen, Tim Lincecum, Apollo Ohno, Bing Crosby, Paul Allen
New Orleans: Truman Capote, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ellen DeGeneres, Greg and Bryant Gumball, Emerel Lagassi

Winner: New Orleans has a ton more...That and they shoot straight at moving targets causing Oliver Stone movie plots...

Natural Landmarks
Seattle: Mt. Rainier, Puget Sound, Olympic Mountains, Cascades
New Orleans: Mississippi River

Winner: Seattle, unless you think swamps are postcard worthy...

Head to Head:
Seattle: 5
New Orleans: 6

Winner: NOLA....Thanks to that beatdown earlier this season...

Overall Winner: Seattle 8-4.....We got this one...BELIEVE! The numbers? They never lie....

GO HAWKS!!!!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger;53106 said:
ANNND we're undefeated when you do these this year lol.

Never underestimate the power of TOTT.....:biggrin:

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53103 said:
People:
Seattle: Erika Christiansen, Tim Lincecum, Apollo Ohno, Bing Crosby, Paul Allen
New Orleans: Truman Capote, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ellen DeGeneres, Greg and Bryant Gumball, Emerel Lagassi

Winner: New Orleans has a ton more...That and they shoot straight at moving targets causing Oliver Stone movie plots...

If you are going to mention Lee Harvey why no mention of Ted Bundy?

Pearl Jam, Nirvana(I know aberdeen but everyone else thinks Seattle), Sound Garden, etc. Gotta throw music a bone.

If you are going to count a 1916 stanley cup that isn't even recognized by the NHL then you should also including WNBA crap too.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;53147 said:
If you are going to mention Lee Harvey why no mention of Ted Bundy?

Pearl Jam, Nirvana(I know aberdeen but everyone else thinks Seattle), Sound Garden, etc. Gotta throw music a bone.

If you are going to count a 1916 stanley cup that isn't even recognized by the NHL then you should also including WNBA crap too.

First off...The NHL does recognize it...
Second....It was 1917 not 1916..

It is listed as "Pre-NHL Stanley Cups"....Go to the Montreal Forum err...Centre Bell in Montreal, there are more than a couple of pre-NHL dated banners hanging for the Habs...Same with Corel Centre in Ottawa for the Sens...

Why would I list Bundy? It's a sarcastic take on the opponents and it's been done this way for...Uh....8 years on this site?

Man...You are the first claimed Seahawks fan to talk shit about it...Usually it's only opponents who are cutting down TOTT...Chill....

P.S. What's a "Storm"?

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger;53149 said:
Are you saying Bundy was on the grassy knoll?

According to Oliver Stone the only people NOT on the Grassy Knoll were you and me Adam, and that's only because we weren't born yet....haha

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53150 said:
First off...The NHL does recognize it...
Second....It was 1917 not 1916..

It is listed as "Pre-NHL Stanley Cups"....Go to the Montreal Forum err...Centre Bell in Montreal, there are more than a couple of pre-NHL dated banners hanging for the Habs...Same with Corel Centre in Ottawa for the Sens...

Why would I list Bundy? It's a sarcastic take on the opponents and it's been done this way for...Uh....8 years on this site?

Man...You are the first claimed Seahawks fan to talk shit about it...Usually it's only opponents who are cutting down TOTT...Chill....

P.S. What's a "Storm"?

I think you should chill as I was being sarcastic and by no ways was worked up about your post.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;53207 said:
I think you should chill as I was being sarcastic and by no ways was worked up about your post.

Sarcastic? Not really, you called me out for the Stanley Cup thing to correct me and when proven wrong it became "sarcasm"...

Top Bottom