• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Some Objectivity Regarding Wallace

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Personnel report: Keys for Seattle's improvement

October 1, 2009 7:24 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

The Seahawks were not bad against the Bears in Week 3. They could be much better if Seneca Wallace would throw more accurately and make better decisions, and if his teammates would catch the ball more consistently. This team is not far away from beating decent teams, even with several key Seattle players sidelined by injuries.

After charting the Seahawks' offensive personnel, I filtered the play-by-play report to show Wallace's 18 incomplete passes. My notes showed five passes too high or otherwise overthrown, three drops and one interception on a horrible decision to throw the ball underhanded while scrambling deep in Seattle territory. I think Wallace is generally a better player than he showed in this game, but that case becomes harder to make if he struggles against the Colts in Week 4.

It's not all bad for Wallace. He completed 5 of 7 passes for 70 yards when the Seahawks showed I-formation from their base offense. He averaged a healthy 7.6 yards per attempt on 12 overall passes from the base offense.

Source

S

Seattlehawk94

Not objective...

He studied the "incompletions"...Why not study all of them including catches.

Owens have to jump to save a drive.
Carlson diving when wide open and maybe scoring.
Nate--see Carlson

Bring in the butthumper Gaycia...At least that queer can throw a football...Unlike our own tranny "hybrid" (meaning sucks at TWO or more positions) "QB"...

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Not objective...

Nate--see Carlson

Bring in the butthumper Gaycia...At least that queer can throw a football...Unlike our own tranny "hybrid" (meaning sucks at TWO or more positions) "QB"...

To be fair it looked like Wallace was trying to throw to Carlson on that catch Owens made

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Seattlehawk94 said:
Not objective...

Nate--see Carlson

To be fair it looked like Wallace was trying to throw to Carlson on that catch Owens made
I'm pretty sure he was throwing to Carlson. If Owens didn't catch that we could have seen a big gain on 4th down, or maybe Carlson drops it. Either way, it shouldn't be considered negative for Wallace.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Personnel report: Keys for Seattle's improvement

October 1, 2009 7:24 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

...I think Wallace is generally a better player than he showed in this game, but that case becomes harder to make if he struggles against the Colts in Week 4....

Source

Well, how did Sauce do this week? Nothing like being 1-3, it really puts things into perspective. If the Rams win a game, they'll be tied with us.

I just said the RAMS COULD BE TIED WITH THE SEAHAWKS????????

You gotta wonder, would the Rams have beaten us week one if Sauce had been the QB? How many more weeks are we going to flush with this guy?

:harvey: :pissed: :harvey:

Reaction score
Seneca played good today...all the penalties killed us on top of being extremely hurt...left our d on the field way to long and anyone with eyes knows it wasn't Seneca's fault today...

S

Seattlehawk94

Hurricane Tatupu said:
Seneca played good today...all the penalties killed us on top of being extremely hurt...left our d on the field way to long and anyone with eyes knows it wasn't Seneca's fault today...

You are a moron...

See what with our eyes? Two fumbles? Bad throws that even Charles Davis was talking shit about? Fuck crying about penalties. He fucking sucked ass. He was a fucking joke...Leading us to two JUNKTIME TDs when the game was already over for more than a half?

Fucking unreal....

Reaction score
The one drive we ended up with a field goal on wasn't Wallace's fault... I mean he has trouble finishing drives (today he couldn't even start one when it mattered) but Ray Willis' stupid ass and his holding penalties screwed that drive.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
And maybe if our line would block, he wouldn't have the ball slapped out of his hand. Our line sucked, our defense was pathetic, and Wallace only can complete 5 yard passes. If you think having Hasselbeck back would have made a difference in this game, then I'm not sure what you're on...

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
And maybe if our line would block, he wouldn't have the ball slapped out of his hand. Our line sucked, our defense was pathetic, and Wallace only can complete 5 yard passes. If you think having Hasselbeck back would have made a difference in this game, then I'm not sure what you're on...
Hass probably would have been sacked 6 or 7 times. Wallace has the speed to break free. He may not be that great of a QB, but the guy can keep a play alive.

S

Seattlehawk94

squirreljack said:
yes this was an all-around bad game. everything in all facets was just pathetic.

Pretty much....As for Matthew getting sacked...Alot of those "sacks" Apple Sauce takes are because he doesn't want to stand and take a hit to actually MAKE A THROW in the pocket...

Fucking Hybrids...Just like the cars they have no fucking guts...

"Guy's" (debatibles) first "instinct" as a QB is to run around like a fucking Madden game QB...His version of "standing in the pocket" is a silent ONE count, then run around and make an off balance throw that really gains nothing.

I'll take a gunslinger (see: sig pic) who throws a pick but actually leads his team over some "new style" QB who's afraid to get hit and runs like he's a righthanded dogkiller.

Sign the Queer....At least he's got guts and a hot Playmate "beard"...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with 94, seneca may escape the pocket and avoid a sack, but is missing a read or a open reciever in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, because he cant see over his own lineman. Matt may take more sacks but he makes the big throws down the middle and the quick reads, and not just to the check down.
See my post on seneca and general game observations.

Top Bottom