• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So... who replaces Carp & Unger

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Haven't been keeping up this year, anybody know what Pete's plan for the o-line is?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
In all honesty, I really like Alvin Bailey at LG. C could be addressed in the draft maybe.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Been looking at center prospects in the draft and out of the top three, Cameron Erving, Hroniss Grasu and Reese Dismukes, Grasu might be considered the most NFL-ready but with the least amount of upside of the three.

The only two other options they have is acquiring a center via FA or addressing the need in-house. As for remaining free agents, you got Wisniewski, who was in town on Wednesday and cap casualty Lyle Sendlein. Based on returns the last couple years while Unger's been out, the in-house option is probably not going to be enough.

Not sure what they have in mind to address LG or any of the other needs they have on the O-line, which are many.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Patrick Lewis is who filled in for Unger the last 4 games . Alvin Bailey also filled in nicely .

Carp was on his last legs in Seattle anyway he dropped weight before the season last year to try and get more agile , he had bad feet , it was talked about when we drafted him and it only got slightly better In his time in Seattle .

Unger was a money thing, his next contract is likely his last and Seattle wasn't interested in paying big money for a guy that's more a pocket lumbering type then a get down field ZBS guy .

I think Lewis impressed enough in his starts to be a front runner for C but as always may the best man win .

As for D line , Red was cut by Jacksonville I love to have him back along side Mebane even in limited fashion :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Patrick Lewis is who filled in for Unger the last 4 games . Alvin Bailey also filled in nicely .
As for D line , Red was cut by Jacksonville I love to have him back along side Mebane even in limited fashion :)

Might be cool to have Red back but you gotta wonder how much he's got left in the tank if he got cut by the Jags. He remained a defensive captain throughout the '13 season but toward the end it was almost more of an honorary thing as his role gradually diminished as the season wore on.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
, you got Wisniewski, who was in town on Wednesday

Wisniewski would be proven starter. I remember watching Pat Lewis and being very impressed, like no drop off. And Max had some wierd snap issues this last year.

I absolutely have zero confidence in Jeanpierre taking the job.

Top Bottom