• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sinclair in good company

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Being selected to the Seahawks’ 35th Anniversary team made a significant impact on Michael Sinclair because of the players who weren’t.
“There are a lot of guys who gave their best that are not on that list,” Sinclair said. “So I’m glad that the fans thought I was a pretty good player and put me on that list. I’m thankful for it. But the only thing I did was give my best and let the chips fall where they may.”
Franchise sack leader Jacob Green was an overwhelming choice for one of the defensive end spots when the readers of Seahawks.com cast their votes. Green collected more votes (3,990) than everyone on the team except Steve Largent (5,005), Cortez Kennedy (4,172) and Walter Jones (4,065).
But Sinclair’s 1,939 votes gave him an 889-vote edge over Jeff Bryant, the only player in franchise history to start at all four spots on the defensive line. And then there were those other players who also gave their best, but couldn’t break the stranglehold that Green and Sinclair had on the end berths – Patrick Kerney, Grant Wistrom, Chike Okeafor, Michael McCrary, Phillip Daniels, Tony Woods and Bill Gregory. Those seven ends combined to lead the club in sacks nine times.
But it’s Sinclair who finds himself on a D-line that also includes Joe Nash and Kennedy as the tackles, and in a best-of-the-best unit that features Chad Brown, Lofa Tatupu, Fredd Young and Rufus Porter as the linebackers and a secondary that is comprised of cornerbacks Dave Brown, Marcus Trufant and Shawn Springs and safeties Kenny Easley and Eugene Robinson.
“That is good company to be in,” Sinclair said.
Sinclair’s rise from sixth-round draft choice to NFL sack leader, and his new life as a coach in the CFL, is featured in the sixth profile of the 29 players on the 35th Anniversary team.

b.gif
VwYJcxBla2U

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom