• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Since this season is over...

Reaction score
Lets talk draft and FA... I sure as hell am done dwelling on this season, so figured it's time to move on.

Who are some of the big name prospects in FA going into the offseason and who are some of the big name draft prospects?

What positions do you guys think we should draft in which order?

Who should we keep/cut/trade?

shit like that.

Reaction score
The O-Line is going to be the biggest priority along with the D-Line. Our O-Line can't stop anyone and our D-Line can't bring pressure. I don't know what happened to Patrick Kerney, but it seems like we got another old guy who performs well his first season and then nose dives every year after.

We also need to upgrade the Secondary. Maybe draft a young QB that will force Hasselbeck to bring his best every Sunday.

Reaction score

[center:1vwkbfu1]My check list for the offseason:[/center:1vwkbfu1]
[ ] 1. Upgrade O-line, our best player there is a rookie!
[ ] 2. Upgrade D-line, I really like Mebane but that's it. We need to replace at least 2 starters.
[ ] 3. Draft future QB.
[ ] 4. Upgrade Running Back situation.
[ ] 5. Upgrade Secondary.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:

[center:3nc2fr04]My check list for the offseason:[/center:3nc2fr04]
[ ] 2. Upgrade D-line, I really like Mebane but that's it. We need to replace at least 2 starters.
[ ] 3. Draft future QB.
That's the way I think it should be, but I think the current coaches think the Secondary is fine and the RB situation is fine...for some reason. We should draft a QB and send Wallace to a team that wants to run the Wildcat with a QB who can run and actually throw the ball.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
phaZe said:
bobflipaburger said:

[center:35ua7dmt]My check list for the offseason:[/center:35ua7dmt]
[ ] 3. Draft future QB.
That's the way I think it should be, but I think the current coaches think the Secondary is fine and the RB situation is fine...for some reason. We should draft a QB and send Wallace to a team that wants to run the Wildcat with a QB who can run and actually throw the ball.

who's gonna want Wallace? he sucks at running the wildcat... he doesn't the power or the speed of a running back, so the threat of the run is almost non-existant.

he either throws an erant throw in the wildcat or runs back 5 yards and out of bounds.

I am surprised he still has a job in the NFL

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
sorry for going off topic above..

I agree with your checklist burger. O LINE is the #ONE priority!!!!

I agree on mebane. I also think that Tapp & Jackson have potential. I think we need to put Redding in at DT fulltime, or has that been tried and failed?

LB we are ok. Curry has a ton of talent, but has been playing like a kid with ODD on crack all over the place but missing tackles. The heater is just that, Hill is a solid OLB and Lofa can hopefully make a full recovery and try to get back to his old form.

Secondary is inconsistant. I don't get the oppurtunity to watch the game film and see where things break down, but they allow too many big plays. Maybe their inconsistency has to do with the line not being able to apply pressure. Maybe fixing the Dline will in turn solve theirs. who knows?

QB, I think draft a guy in the middle rounds and let him learn under Matt and maybe compete with Teel.

RB, we need a guy who can pound the ball. A LaGarette Blount type of runner, 6'2" 240. That will put the hurt on the D. I am pretty sure the hawks won't draft him due to "character issues" so yeah. But JJ is one and done, keep Justin and draft a powerful back and let the two do their thing.

I would also like to see us get a BIG WR, doesn't have to be the fastest guy, but a guy that can go up and get the ball. Like Brandon Marshall, he was drafted in a later round and he is a monster.

Reaction score
Blount is putting a hurt on college defenders. Once he gets to the NFL he will be getting the hurt put on him.

The Seahawks should have found a way to draft Johnathan Stewart. He can smack you around and has some speed to go along with it.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Stewart is a monster... the Seahawks wouldn't try to trade up for him, because they had recently signed washed up backs by the name of Julius Jones and TJ Duckett.

And dude come on 6'2" 240 for a RB and with his attitude, you really think he'll have a problem?

BuckJonez

Huddler
Reaction score
O-line is 1st priority maybe even with our first 2 picks. Then Defensive Pass rush pressure. We have #'s at D-line & D-End, but we don't have outstanding Quality ALL PRO talent, better to trade 3 of those good guys for an ALL PRO pass rusher since it's not likely to find one with a second round pick which is our 3 pick since we get 2 first round picks, who knew Denver would have done so well, LOL. We also need help in our secondary at CB since we can't play Man for diddley. Hopefully Trufant is back to his former ALL PRO capability. Trufant if back next season to full form will be 2 or 3 Leader on Tackles with solid pass coverage, but it would be nice to have a pure pass cover CB as his compliment. We look to be solid at LB so with the emergence of Heater, maybe we should consider a high level quality trade for Lofa, since he's not playin up to his pay grade last few years. Kerney is a must trade, but if we are going to trade we need to be trading up. We are not going to be able to get a Ware or a Jared Allen, but Osi seems to be unhappy with the Giants right now. I'd Take Osi for Kerney and another D-line/D-end or two that are solid, but not spectacular. Also let's correct some of the mistakes we made in the last draft. We missed on not picking up Rashard Jennings RB with one of our 7th round picks. Nick Reed was a great 7th round pick, but I'd offer a 6th round pick for Rashard Jennings right now.

BuckJonez

Huddler
Reaction score
BuckJonez said:
O-line is 1st priority maybe even with our first 2 picks. Then Defensive Pass rush pressure. We have #'s at D-line & D-End, but we don't have outstanding Quality ALL PRO talent, better to trade 3 of those good guys for an ALL PRO pass rusher since it's not likely to find one with a second round pick which is our 3 pick since we get 2 first round picks, who knew Denver would have done so well, LOL. We also need help in our secondary at CB since we can't play Man for diddley. Hopefully Trufant is back to his former ALL PRO capability. Trufant if back next season to full form will be 2 or 3 Leader on Tackles with solid pass coverage, but it would be nice to have a pure pass cover CB as his compliment. We look to be solid at LB so with the emergence of Heater, maybe we should consider a high level quality trade for Lofa, since he's not playin up to his pay grade last few years. Kerney is a must trade, but if we are going to trade we need to be trading up. We are not going to be able to get a Ware or a Jared Allen, but Osi seems to be unhappy with the Giants right now. I'd Take Osi for Kerney and another D-line/D-end or two that are solid, but not spectacular. Also let's correct some of the mistakes we made in the last draft. We missed on not picking up Rashard Jennings RB with one of our 7th round picks. Nick Reed was a great 7th round pick, but I'd offer a 6th round pick for Rashard Jennings right now.

Reality is the Seahawks are now in an Official rebuilding phase that will take 2 years. We might not now even be able to draft Hasselbeck's future replacement until the following year. If you want a quality QB it might as well be a First round pick. The Peyton Mannings of the World go 1st pick overall. I'm not of the philosophy of taking a 5th round draft pick and developing him into a franchise QB, just not likely. So with that in mind I believe we need to focus our 1st year's draft on Offensive & Defensive interior, then come back in year 2 and draft a QB and RB, CB & WR

Reaction score
BuckJonez said:
BuckJonez said:

Reality is the Seahawks are now in an Official rebuilding phase that will take 2 years. We might not now even be able to draft Hasselbeck's future replacement until the following year. If you want a quality QB it might as well be a First round pick. The Peyton Mannings of the World go 1st pick overall. I'm not of the philosophy of taking a 5th round draft pick and developing him into a franchise QB, just not likely. So with that in mind I believe we need to focus our 1st year's draft on Offensive & Defensive interior, then come back in year 2 and draft a QB and RB, CB & WR
We need to go after guys for the O-Line and D-Line. We can't keep pressure off Hasselbeck and we can't get pressure on opposing Quarterback's. The secondary needs work as well. It seems like right now J.J. and Forsett are the RBs for the next few years. They both have about 500 yards which isn't that bad for a 5-10 team that has done nothing amazing on offense.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
The Peyton Mannings of the World go 1st pick overall

Though I do agree we need to take a QB in the 1st round if one falls to us (I am hoping Bradford falls very far), for the sake of argument I will say that 1st round QB's are not often great. More often than not you get your Jamarcus Russell's than you do your Peyton Manning's.

1st round QB's (ordered by year but not by pick)

Josh Freeman
Mark Sanchez
Matthew Stafford
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Jay Cutler
Matt Leinart
Vince Young
Jason Campbell
Aaron Rodgers
Alex Smith
J. P. Losman
Ben Roethlisberger
Philip Rivers
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
Michael Vick
Chad Pennington
Tim Couch
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
Cade McNown
Peyton Manning
Ryan Leaf
Jim Druckenmiller
Steve McNair
Kerry Collins
Heath Shuler
Trent Dilfer
Drew Bledsoe
Rick Mirer
David Klingler
Tommy Maddox
Dan McGwire
Todd Marinovich
Jeff George
Andre Ware

This ofcourse is all for the sake of argument. I do not want to trade to high for a QB, and am hoping Bradford falls far enough due to his injury to make him a steal. We need a line though, and I am not a fan of starting a rookie QB, plus I believe other than the line issue most of our problems stem from our coaching staff and the direction they are taking us. Fix the line, change the coaches to someone proven, then our D will naturally improve as they do not spend all day on the field.

footballisforme

Huddler
Reaction score
QBs first round are hit or miss and you have to invest a ton of money in them. I say go out and get someone via trade. Troy Smith apparently wants out of Baltimore according to his agent....Click here: Twitter / Ralph Cindrich: Ravens QB Troy Smith, Ohio State alum, native + Heisman winner wants playing time. Ravens notified. Will seek trade after playoffs, SB run. 9:56 AM Dec 28th....That dude was great at Ohio State and needs a chance to prove himself. If he tanks, at least we won't have invested a first round pick and 30 mil in guaranteed money, which is what a first round QB draft pick could cost.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I'm all for drafting CJ Spiller.
If he falls to us there is no reason not to take him. He can pound the ball or use his speed on the outside. We will likely end up with 3 picks in the first 40 picks in the draft. LT with 1st, HB with 2nd, Guard with 3rd.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Check out this site:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

What do you guys think about Matt Moore? He's restricted, so I don't know how that changes things (don't know shit about how FA works) but the kid has some potential.

He did pretty good at Oregon state, and his NFL resume isn't so bad either. He hasn't played much, but he's 5-2 as a starter. He does have Stewart at RB though, so that probably makes it easier. Carolina signed Delhomme to a big deal, and may not be willing to dish out a lot of $ for the young Moore.

There are some intriguing names on that list.

What do you guys think?

Who is on your FA wish list?

Reaction score
A lot of guys won't be unrestricted (212 players) if 2010 is an uncapped season. I guess it changes from 4 years to 6 in an uncapped year. Guys like Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Shawn Merriman, etc.

Top Bottom