• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Season wrap up

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Well this season went way better than I expected. I'm liking that PC has identified that we need a better pass rush and receivers. I totally agree with 12 wins, that FG in the 2nd Quarter could have been the difference. Hard to believe how important each game is in the scheme of things. That SF/Rams tie really came back to haunt us.
I know it sounds crazy but I would have rather seen a run attempt on the final play. At least we could have had the lateral option. I’d almost have preferred a Longwell try or a fake.

I really didn't expect to make the playoffs this season. The goal this off season should be to keep the pieces together. Next year could be even better. Go Seahawks!

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Season definitely went better than expected from the start. But as the season went on and the team improved so much, it almost feels like a failure now after having such high hopes heading into the playoffs. But in the end we have a lot to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of. Hard to swallow when we come so close though. So many little things could have gotten us at least one more game.

S

Seattlehawk94

15-1? Try 16-0..

Not ONE GAME was more than a TD out of reach..

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
One consolation is that when you go this far into the playoffs, you regret it on Draft Day when your waiting till the end of the first round to pick. But it just so happens that this Draft is unusually WEAK. So we aren't missing much. I would not want to be Andy Reid, who has many holes to fill but his best decision is to auction that pick off, meanwhile not addressing his needs.
He needs two Herchel Walker trades to turn that team around.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I predicted 10/11 wins, the team exceeded my expectations as far as thier overall performance, exspecially during the home stretch to win out and absolutely dominate inferior teams, on the road, and the 49ers at home. Amazing!

In the playoffs I really thought they had the 'juice' to get to the Championship game, and if we lost to 49ers at their house, I guess I would have been okay with that but...

The atl loss to me is still a huge let down, we should have won, and be playing on Sun. That game will stick in my craw for some time... Probably haunt me for about 12 mo's give or take a couple of sundays....

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Having had some time to process I really think the early start time sealed our fate in the Atlanta game. I realize part of football is dealing with the elements of each game but only west coast teams are required to start games before noon team time. If all teams have to deal with the same problems the system is fair and balanced. This is not.

The solution is simple, the NFL should schedule east coast games with west coast teams to start at 4pm EST. East coast vs east coast and west coast vs west coast games could start at 1 or 4 EST. There should always be enough to fill each time slot without an imbalance.

Reaction score
Having had some time to process I really think the early start time sealed our fate in the Atlanta game. I realize part of football is dealing with the elements of each game but only west coast teams are required to start games before noon team time. If all teams have to deal with the same problems the system is fair and balanced. This is not.

The solution is simple, the NFL should schedule east coast games with west coast teams to start at 4pm EST. East coast vs east coast and west coast vs west coast games could start at 1 or 4 EST. There should always be enough to fill each time slot without an imbalance.

During the playoffs, there should not be 10 AM PST games... There's two games on that day, make one a 1 PM and the other in the primetime slot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Idahawk

Reaction score
To me the Lynch fumble was the deal breaker , a score at that point and we roll , we just couldn't get shit going . WRs struggled all season to get open and they didn't help in this game , ATL covered them quite well . The middle of the defense is a weak spot and although I know Wagner had a great season , he was the target in more than one game and it cost us . He will improve I'm sure of that . No pass rush, no secret there. A few tweaks here and there and game on , it's a hell of a lot better the last off season for sure .

Blabolat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah Lynch fumble was a big one, and had that been the only miscue, it would have been big, but there was so many..
bad tackling
bad coaching
fumbles.. you name it, we really messed up.
we really missed Clem, a lot more than I think we thought we would.

And what really is the sad part is how well the offense came back to win it for us.
Could you imagine the legacy Russell would have laid down on his first year?

It is bittersweet, because when I think about it, I'm not sure we would have beaten the 9ers at SF with Clem out.
I think they would have killed us with the run game.
For that reason, I"m glad that we lost to Atlanta and not the 49ers..
No matter that they win the SB, we can always still remember and hold on to the fact that we beat the Sh#$@ out of the 9ers like no other team has.

Top Bottom