• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks trade for Whitehurst

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont like the trade one bit!

Okay Ive kept my mouth shut but this it...

Who is this guy? Were just supposed to jump onboard with? Whatever you say coach! He is so un proven, borat looking MF.
NOT A SINGLE SNAP! Given away all our YOUTHFUL prospects.

Yeah, so prove me wrong! But I think alot of fans will start out pissed. Its not a good way to start with the fans, who pay good money to watch an experiment??? Oh well John, lets throw in Teal.

THE FO better have something up there sleeve, a master plan, yeah I'll let it unfold but so far I give them a D- in the offseason.

They are signing positions we dont need : LB, LB, QB, TE
Cutting positions we do need: Tapp, Grant,

All the while what are we doing about our #1 Priority? OL?

Reaction score
His father played in the NFL for the Packers (David) among his stats:
28 TDs and 51 INTs.

Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be like him. Thought that was interesting. Maybe just to me :(

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;46353 said:
I dont like the trade one bit!

Okay Ive kept my mouth shut but this it...

Who is this guy? Were just supposed to jump onboard with? Whatever you say coach! He is so un proven, borat looking MF.
NOT A SINGLE SNAP! Given away all our YOUTHFUL prospects.

Yeah, so prove me wrong! But I think alot of fans will start out pissed. Its not a good way to start with the fans, who pay good money to watch an experiment??? Oh well John, lets throw in Teal.

THE FO better have something up there sleeve, a master plan, yeah I'll let it unfold but so far I give them a D- in the offseason.

They are signing positions we dont need : LB, LB, QB, TE
Cutting positions we do need: Tapp, Grant,

All the while what are we doing about our #1 Priority? OL?

every move they have made so far besides the whitehurst deal has been for depth and players that fit their scheme. get over the tapp deal, we get and extra pick out of it. deion grant was way overpaid and that leads me to think berry will be the guy at 6 if he is there and okung doesnt drop. OL will be addressed in the draft the way it should be. people are so quick to criticize 2 weeks into free agency when the draft hasnt even happened yet. that is the biggest part of the offseason and rebuilding a franchise...the DRAFT.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
our FO has to have some plan for draft already made out, and they feel whoever they want will still b there at pick 60

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i feel they will try n get berry 6 if he doesn't fall OL and possibly mays at 14 or another OL then DE at 60... thats just me though

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
At least Matt wasn't a distant 3rd stringer and Holmgren at least knew alot about him. But I don't think we gave up anything other than swapping 1st round picks and Matt wasn't being paid 5 friggen million to play back up. Or are they trading Matt and gonna used this below avg QB to keep us around 2 wins to get the Locker pick?

#ONE;46339 said:
How many seahawk fans were ecstatic when holmgren brought in a bench warmer by the name of Hasselbeck?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46359 said:
At least Matt wasn't a distant 3rd stringer and Holmgren at least knew alot about him. But I don't think we gave up anything other than swapping 1st round picks and Matt wasn't being paid 5 friggen million to play back up. Or are they trading Matt and gonna used this below avg QB to keep us around 2 wins to get the Locker pick?
they wouldnt pay a guy $10 million over 2 years to have a losing record. this is the guy they want in their system so we will see. scary but like i said we will see.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46324 said:
i can see them bringing him in to be a backup for one year to learn the system under hass and then naming him the starter next year. derek anderson received a healthy contract from arizona and im pretty sure he will just be a backup. i think this deal is a good deal. we swap 2nd round picks and pretty much just sending them next years 3rd round pick for him.

No he was told it will be a open comp for the starter position.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46361 said:
they wouldnt pay a guy $10 million over 2 years to have a losing record. this is the guy they want in their system so we will see. scary but like i said we will see.

Another reason I think he's going to be a starter. If you want him to learn your system you give him more than 2 years on his contract. This way if he doesn't pan out after two-years your done with him.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
D Anderson at least has played in the NFL he got a bit more cash BUT the cards didn't have to give up draft picks for him. This is why I wanted him even if he cost more.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46362 said:
No he was told it will be a open comp for the starter position.
i know thats what he was told...but i dont see them starting a guy with about the same ability as leinart when leinart already has 4 years in the system, 2 in the whisenhunt system.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46327 said:
it is a lot to give up for him, but honestly if it works out and he is who everyone thinks he is then it is worth it and a steal.

For 5 yrs vs drafting a guy to sit for 1 or 2 years and having him for 10 yrs?

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46365 said:
i know thats what he was told...but i dont see them starting a guy with about the same ability as leinart when leinart already has 4 years in the system, 2 in the whisenhunt system.

Lienart may get cut in preseason. He hasn't gotten any better and the players don't really like him according to their radio guy.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46366 said:
For 5 yrs vs drafting a guy to sit for 1 or 2 years and having him for 10 yrs?
the guy is 27 not 30. why does this signing mean they cant draft a qb in drafts to come? this isnt the only year the nfl draft is going to take place lol. if he works out then he can be our guy for however many years, allowing us time to draft the guy we want in future years to learn the system.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Whitehurst best year was his Sophmore year after that he got worse.

21 TD and 13 int that year to
18 TD and 27 int the Jr and Sr seasons combined

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46368 said:
the guy is 27 not 30. why does this signing mean they cant draft a qb in drafts to come? this isnt the only year the nfl draft is going to take place lol. if he works out then he can be our guy for however many years, allowing us time to draft the guy we want in future years to learn the system.

I know he is 27 but he has to learn the system. Plus he doesn't even know what the NFL is like so add 2 yrs to him figuring that out.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46371 said:
I know he is 27 but he has to learn the system. Plus he doesn't even know what the NFL is like so add 2 yrs to him figuring that out.
he has been in the nfl just because he hasnt played in a game doesnt mean its going to take him years to learn a system and get accustomed. im not saying we landed joe montana, im saying give the guy a chance. it can turn out to be a great deal and we still have the ability to draft a qb in upcoming drafts.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46355 said:
every move they have made so far besides the whitehurst deal has been for depth and players that fit their scheme. get over the tapp deal, we get and extra pick out of it. deion grant was way overpaid and that leads me to think berry will be the guy at 6 if he is there and okung doesnt drop. OL will be addressed in the draft the way it should be. people are so quick to criticize 2 weeks into free agency when the draft hasnt even happened yet. that is the biggest part of the offseason and rebuilding a franchise...the DRAFT.

You just arent looking at the depth #s are you.
Your just buying whatever they are selling, and hey thats cool, im a homer too, but why make more need at positions we already have need at!

Tapp- Who do we have at DE?? Kerney will retire and now we have only Lawerence Jackson, Nick Reed, so now WE NEED to get 1-2 in the draft.

Grant- Now we have no play babs and Miloy (retire?)
Now we neeed! to get a safety in the draft., which yes we may get at #6

I also think there are lot more options at #40 then #60 (RB, QB, OG, DE, S)

Im not jumping ship just saying WTF, and yes I can be critical 2 weeks in.

Top Bottom